Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have no idea what is going on but one thing I do know is that  Luke Edward's is an absolute liar. Within the week he will be talking about how the takeover is still likely to go through.

Guest chopey

I see Qatar and SA are competing for the 2030 Olympics, good luck with that :lol:

I know they are competing for the Asian games

It's a pretty interesting question that actually, who makes the decisions in the proposed structure.

It's actually a very fair line of enquiry imo, albeit you'd have thought it might have come up before now.

It comes sometime after asking them what their pets names are and what colour they intend to paint the white lines.

Guest The Little Waster

Posted this before but starting to think its true : )

Masters : " So , you want to buy NUFC " ?

Saudis : " Yes can we complete this now " ?

Masters : " Ok i want you to ask me again if i'll let you buy them , but this time do it in a girls voice "

?

This is all over

Devastated

Not if but when. The PL will drags it out a couple more months, do some real damage to us for daring to dream of better. That;ll teach those northern monkeys.

Again, PL seemingly saying nothing, but these two have 'sources' telling them exactly what the latest problem/stumbling block is.

Exactly!  IF the article is correct and the PL have been giving the 'no comment' line to all and sundry.... If I were Masters I'd be fucking raging to know who's talking to a pair of wallopers from the telegraph.

And when does a management structure have to reflect the split in ownership?  If PIF want to relinquish control to Amanda then so be it. 

Can't really blame the PL if the report is true, it sounds like a complete shambles now.

It will probably rumble on into September and then it will be announced a few days before the season starts.

Another delay isn't ideal, but when Ashley is gone it'll be worth it.

Not if he's replaced by Mauriss.

I keep banging this drum, I know, but we need to understand how bad it'll be to have leveraged debt used to buy the club from someone without a pot to piss in. £400m debt on our books will be crippling for a decade or more. Keeping Ashley is a million times better than this future.

Another delay isn't ideal, but when Ashley is gone it'll be worth it.

Not if he's replaced by Mauriss.

I keep banging this drum, I know, but we need to understand how bad it'll be to have leveraged debt used to buy the club from someone without a pot to piss in. £400m debt on our books will be crippling for a decade or more. Keeping Ashley is a million times better than this future.

PL would take less than 2 weeks to pass that setup through.

When contacted by Telegraph Sport, the Premier League refused to deny claims the takeover talks have reached an impasse, before replying with a “no comment” to additional questions about whether they intend to block it.
"refused to deny" doesn't equal "confirmed" Luke you rancid bag of bull smegma.

Basically the PL won’t reject it they’ll just say if you do xyz we can approve it. It’s not in their interests to reject it with all the potential ramifications but as there’s no timescale, they don’t have to say or do anything whilst PIF try and jump through these hoops.

Meanwhile there are so many conflicts of interest over potential decision makers this is where the gridlocked bit comes in. Until they can break certain links to companies involved elsewhere, which may take time or be costly, it cannot progress.

Everyone is jumping on “the Premier League has to say something!!” but the reality is they don’t. It’s an entirely private matter and if the PLs stance is that PIF need to sort themselves out then don’t be suryif there are more like Edwards who try to turn the fans against them.