Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ehhh, makes you wonder how committed to investing they were if they've pulled the plug anyway. Obviously the PL have been a disgrace in how long they've taken to make a call on this - but I can't help but feel that if these guys were going to push us on as a club, they would've stuck in there more than a few months. It's not like waiting it out was costing them significant money, so the "global uncertainty" line suggests that the desire to fund once the sale went through may not have been there anyway.

They clearly didn't have the confidence that the deal would ever be approved either way.

Ran out of time and Ashley f***ed them by demanding more for the same asset is my guess mate.

The Saudi will feel pretty insulted by the way they have been treated honestly.

Everywhere they go, the red carpet is rolled out. They won’t take a private members club poking around in the countries affairs well imo

I am so, so sorry I put all my info about this on Twitter last night rather than on here. Big mistake ?

Is it safe to say that between the PL's dithering and Ashleys greed (after terms expired) that's what killed it GM?

That's the thing, we now need to know exactly why it all fell through. You can be sure that the Ashley PR machine will be in full swing to make out the Saudis were tyre kickers, while the Prem will say they did all they could. Is there anyone else even close to being of a level of wealth that would buy us and get us to compete with the top clubs in the world? Back to square one, back to ignoring what happens at the club, back to no interest in football.

So did the premier league approve it only for Ashley to ask for more money? Mental if so.

No - dragged it on beyond the terms agreed which dictated when the completion was required. When that expired, Ashley wanted a new deal/renegotiation. That's how it reads to me.

If you think back to the PL leak earlier this week, that was clearly a shout to get it done before deal expired.

FUCKING PRICKS.

Ehhh, makes you wonder how committed to investing they were if they've pulled the plug anyway. Obviously the PL have been a disgrace in how long they've taken to make a call on this - but I can't help but feel that if these guys were going to push us on as a club, they would've stuck in there more than a few months. It's not like waiting it out was costing them significant money, so the "global uncertainty" line suggests that the desire to fund once the sale went through may not have been there anyway.

They clearly didn't have the confidence that the deal would ever be approved either way.

Think they are also quite a proud bunch, probably got sick of being treated like unwelcome outsiders trying to buy their way in. It's not like the Saudis can't find other ventures to plough their money into. Football is very risky at the moment anyway with the covid situation. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved away from it altogether.

Guest alijmitchell

I don’t feel that much to be honest. There’s a comfort in not having the emotional turmoil of a football club to support. I mean that’s it for me really, football wise. It’s not going to be something I spend my life concerned with. It would have been nice, but it wouldn’t really have made me any happier. I love the sport of football, and will continue to watch it for entertainment, but as far as supporting a club goes, I can’t be arsed. Life’s too short to get upset about a club.