Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

interesting that it confirms the storys about the prem offering independent arbitration to solve the issue which they rejected. The question I'd ask is why would they ever reject that?

Also, how did Martin samuels write about this almost verbatim yesterday but Masters say's there is no briefing to the press?

I literally read about independent arbitration being rebuffed and there it is in Dicky's letter ?

interesting that it confirms the storys about the prem offering independent arbitration to solve the issue which they rejected. The question I'd ask is why would they ever reject that?

Also, how did Martin samuels write about this almost verbatim yesterday but Masters say's there is no briefing to the press?

I literally read about independent arbitration being rebuffed and there it is in Dicky's letter ?

iirc things go between the club and the premier league for the test so easy enough for someone involved in the club or ashley himself to give out that info.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Because the very people the PL think are involved (such as MBS) don’t want to be involved and independent arbitration would need their involvement.

As others have said - MBS couldn’t give two shits about NUFC and this is more hassle than is acceptable.

Only resolution to this is if PIF can prove no involvement from MBS or the PL make some concessions.

Talks remain ongoing though, internally with the consortium and MA to find a resolution before they plan on representing it to the PL.

What a waste off everybody's time this whole farce has been.

Staveley's "unfair" claim looks ridiculous in context.

She's not trustworthy. Some need that spelling out in simple terms for them.

There fact they didn't even try to go through the owners and directors test fully is a red flag (as Caulkin would say).

Don't share people's pessimism after reading that. It's just an explanation of what has happened up until now, and nothing that we didn't really know. The question is, and has always been, whether the consortium and PL can come to some arrangement moving forward. There is a telling line at the end regarding "continuing" to keep NUFC up to date.

I don't think it's over, but it's clearly not close.

So , heres a conspiracy theory - Staveley and Ashley hatch a scheme to screw £17 M out of gullible Saudis - get them interested in buying NUFC knowing for a fact it wont go through - wait till the fuss dies down from the failure of the takeover then split the £17m

I'm getting the word.......... Mentalist

I'm getting "The Little Waster"

So, the issue seems to be MBS being the chairman of the PIF Board, despite the consortiums assertions that he would have no say/day-to-day involvement.

If he stepped down (or removed himself, even publicly) from the PIF board, would that appease the PL or are they still looking for KSA to be noted as a member of the board/owner of the club?

Rightly or wrongly, comes across as quite arrogant that Masters keep saying... 'we couldn't do this or that, because they withdrew'. No explanation for the 17 weeks they had prior to that.

On the face of it then, it looks knackered, and that there is nothing ongoing behind the scenes, as PIF won't arbitrate or change the board structure.

:undecided:

Don't share people's pessimism after reading that. It's just an explanation of what has happened up until now, and nothing that we didn't really know. The question is, and has always been, whether the consortium and PL can come to some arrangement moving forward. There is a telling line at the end regarding "continuing" to keep NUFC up to date.

I don't think it's over, but it's clearly not close.

Don’t do it to yourself.

Go on, I'll bite... why exactly does it look ridiculous? If they are being made to jump through hoops that they believe are completely out of line?

Here come the ‘I told you so’s’

Fuckin bore

Because the very people the PL think are involved (such as MBS) don’t want to be involved and independent arbitration would need their involvement.

As others have said - MBS couldn’t give two shits about NUFC and this is more hassle than is acceptable.

Only resolution to this is if PIF can prove no involvement from MBS or the PL make some concessions.

Talks remain ongoing though, internally with the consortium and MA to find a resolution before they plan on representing it to the PL.

See, I think I take you to account because you state things as if you know them as fact, rather than presenting them as opinion.

However, benefit of the doubt, do you have a real source or are you basing things on what journalists are telling us?

Staveley is done btw, looks like she's played a game she was never going to win. Perhaps she's currently hunting down Mauriss.

if your trying to find a resolution you do not reject a chance at independent arbitration to try and solve the impasse. They did its over

Guest Cheesy Beans

One thing the PL failed to explain is why it took 3 months to decide on what the ownership structure of the club would look like.

A staggering amount of time for the most important factor in the takeover.

What is giving the impression to people that talks are still ongoing?

I think it's pretty clear from the murmerings from all involved that we haven't heard the end of it. The statements from all of the buyers for a start, plus little tidbits of information coming from relatively well placed journalists.

Why can’t PIF just come out and publicly say the deal is dead and they are moving on, or they are taking these steps to try and revive it...

I thought the NDAs mainly applies to the PL test which they have confirmed is no longer happening.

Confused.com