Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Assuming this Bellagraph Nova interest is real I can't figure out why they would want to buy a football club.  I'm not even sure what a 360 degree lifestyle platform is tbh.

The only people who believe the Loh bid is real are the same wankers posting professing love for Rafa while hoping the fairies will bring us new owners who will just keep improving us while investing their £30m spending pot wisely while Man City and Chelsea piss themselves laughing.

Yeah, a bit of digging suggests its all nicely presented but there's actually very little behind it. They don't own these surgery centres etc, and their home office is actually a tiny base in a corporate building. I'm guessing that bullshit about them managing so many assets is precisely that. I'd suggest Chopra's been taken in like a gullible fool for some publicity.

This is Henry Mauriss, but actually making an effort to actually look like something rather than being invisible beyond the takeover stories.

We boycoutting delicious bowls of laksa or not?

I was at Sungei road Laksa last week :lol:

According to Google Maps many, many years ago I stopped in the hostel two streets over. I’m taking this as a positive or at least an omen to have some laksa.

We boycoutting delicious bowls of laksa or not?

I was at Sungei road Laksa last week :lol:

According to Google Maps many, many years ago I stopped in the hostel two streets over. I’m taking this as a positive or at least an omen to have some laksa.

I’m sure you will be back, when you return I can highly recommend it.

I'd like to know what their plans are for the club.  If they have a bit of ambition then fair enough but if we're just going to be used as a marketing tool again we'll only be slightly better off than under FMA.

I've been dipping in and out since the deal was shelved, but to clarify the events, which seem to be corroborated by both parties:

The PL's lawyers couldn't determine the difference between PIF and KSA

They asked KSA to go through the owners and directors test (you'd imagine this would bring piracy of intellectual property into play)

PIF refused and talks became deadlocked

The PL offered arbitration, but PIF refused. This process would take another 12 to 18 months and is usually only offered in the event the deal is rejected

PIF withdrew

So in other words, its totally dead in the water. While PIF were unhelpful, it does appear to be a total distortion of the owners and directors test, to allow analysis of the piracy issue.

It's a real shame and I'm annoyed at myself for being sucked back in by this. Even if Mike is as desperate as he claims to get rid, it'll take months to set up another deal. I don't think I'll bother with the PL this season, let alone Newcastle. It's just a shame the larger clubs and their monsterous budgets are sucking the quality out of other leagues too.

This should still be the only deal we’re interested in, anything else is a distraction. If Ashley can get the Saudis to pursue arbitration, it might be a long way off but in my view they’d get the club in the end, and would be worth waiting for.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

This should still be the only deal we’re interested in, anything else is a distraction. If Ashley can get the Saudis to pursue arbitration, it might be a long way off but in my view they’d get the club in the end, and would be worth waiting for.

Faint and silly hope but what if Masters is happy for someone else ( arbitration ) to say yes then hes got no comeback from Qatar , Bein etc ?

Made the local news.

Football: Singaporean businessmen Terence and Nelson Loh in takeover bid for Newcastle United

SINGAPORE - Ten years after Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim made an ambitious attempt to buy English Premier League (EPL) giants Liverpool, local entrepreneurs Terence Loh and Nelson Loh are now spearheading a bid to take over another English club, Newcastle United.

The cousins are co-founders of Bellagraph Nova (BN) Group - along with Ms Evangeline Shen - which owns over 30 entities across 100 countries in major business fields, including finance, sports, healthcare, luxury goods, entertainment and robotics. The Paris-based firm is worth an estimated US$12 billion ($15.6 billion).

In a statement to the media, BN Group confirmed on Saturday (Aug 15) that its co-founders "are at an advanced stage of negotiation" for the takeover, having already provided a letter of intent and proof of funds last Monday.

It added that its co-founders are "willing to massively contribute to the development of the club through their solid and international structure and a combined business/sport devoting mindset".

The BN Group has also engaged Newcastle legend and former England captain Alan Shearer and former Magpies forward Michael Chopra to back their bid.

Citing "confidentiality given the highly sensitive nature of the transaction", a representative declined further comment when contacted by The Straits Times.

Previously investment bankers at JP Morgan, the Loh cousins are known to be keen sports fans, having sponsored local professional race driver Yuey Tan, the national muay thai team, and the St Michael's Soccer Association.

If BN Group's bid gets the green light, the Lohs will be the first Singaporeans to own an EPL club. Lim, who now owns Spanish La Liga side Valencia, saw his takeover attempt for Liverpool falling through in 2010, while Singaporean businessman Bill Ng had offered to buy Scottish Premier League side Rangers in 2012, but eventually withdrew his offer.

Founded in 1892, Newcastle are a strongly supported club that have won four first division/League titles and six FA Cups. The Magpies finished 13th in the 2019-2020 season.

BN Group's interest provides Newcastle owner Mike Ashley with an alternative after a £300 million (S$538.2 million) bid funded by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund fell through.

English Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said the proposed takeover collapsed after the group declined to take up the Premier League's offer of independent arbitration to decide who would own the club.

Newcastle fan Terence Ong, 34, called the takeover bid by the Lohs "a potential breath of fresh air after 13 horrible years with Mike Ashley", citing the owner's concern about the bottom line and "lack of ambition".

"Although finances matter, football cannot be run like a business and I hope the new owners realise that and engage the fans better, considering that successful teams always manage to get fans on their side," said the Singaporean, who works as a marketing manager.

"The nationality of the prospective owners doesn't really matter. As long as they can prove their credentials and show they have the best interest of the club at heart, it is something worth considering. Of course, if having Singaporean owners means the team will have more of a presence here, that is also good for the Newcastle fan base here."

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/football-singaporean-businessmen-terence-and-nelson-loh-in-takeover-bid-for-newcastle?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2020-08-16%2019%3A08%3A17