Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

We need to keep our eyes on the prize, NUST meeting with Masters this week be interesting to see what vibe they get from that. Also expect something from consortium this week.

It’s not dead yet.

HOPE you are right.

For me - for the first time - this week I have felt that is dead.

And I am the 'ultimate optimist', it has just felt dead since the Masters letter.

I’m by no means confident but I do believe things are still going on in background with possible political involvement, we might know more this week.

I’m clinging to that thought for now.

We need to keep our eyes on the prize, NUST meeting with Masters this week be interesting to see what vibe they get from that. Also expect something from consortium this week.

It’s not dead yet.

I think it is dead guys. Unless we go nuclear and go a head with the takeover without the PL approval.

HOPE you are right.

For me - for the first time - this week I have felt that is dead.

And I am the 'ultimate optimist', it has just felt dead since the Masters letter.

I’m by no means confident but I do believe things are still going on in background with possible political involvement, we might know more this week.

I’m clinging to that thought for now.

I’ve been watching too much Dark but couldn’t help relate it to this takeover. No matter what happens and who tries to save it, it will eventually lead to the same result Of failure and year after year history will repeat itself. Even in the alternate realities the takeover doesn’t happen.  :lol:

Anyone know if what will happen if the group go a head and control the club? Whats the penalty?

I don’t know why they didn’t just go ahead and do this. Would have forced the PL to make a decision either way, which then would have opened the door to go the legal route.

I’ve been watching too much Dark but couldn’t help relate it to this takeover. No matter what happens and who tries to save it, it will eventually lead to the same result Of failure and year after year history will repeat itself. Even in the alternate realities the takeover doesn’t happen.  :lol:

If this is a Dark spoiler I swear to christ

It just doesn’t seem PIF’s style to take legal action or purchase club without approval. As much as we’d love them to they’re not going to risk their reputation on this deal.

Our best hope remains political pressure behind the scenes to force a compromise, the PL need to be shown up as inflexible and obstructive to investment in the U.K.

If this is a Dark spoiler I swear to christ

Cheers 😖😖