Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Now I’m not going to wildly speculate... But...

Is it completely impossible to theorise that the sale is still on but MA is working to the consortium’s requests? I.e buying the lower risk players the consortium wanted, to not totally derail their plans? If the deal doesn’t happen, MA hasn’t spent a huge amount of money and has obtained better players. If it does happen, the consortium have a bit of a head start and haven’t totally missed out in the window.

It was speculated that the consortium would give Bruce a chance, so maybe that’s why he’s also still in post.

These deals are nowhere near what MA would usually give us, so it does seem a bit odd.

So very true, but this analysis will still not be enough for some people to even 'imagine' that things may still be happening.

In a major part, I think this is because they do not want to be 'hurt / disappointed' again.

If Staveley had any sense, she would offer MA to take control of the club by buying 65% or whatever is the controlling stake. She can then hang the carrot of keeping his advertising for another year or so while her, the Reubens and PIF (if they are still interested) can work out a way forward.

The best part for MA is that someone is willing to invest in the club while he can still flog his tat (temporarily).

Dagrosa's deal was 125M up front and then 175M over the next 3 years.  During the 3 years MA gets free advertising.  Doesn't sound like that group is flush with cash unless the plan is to take the 175M and invest it infrastructure and players immediately.

Masters, Hoffman and the top 6 will happily approve this in less than 4 weeks.

Now I’m not going to wildly speculate... But...

Is it completely impossible to theorise that the sale is still on but MA is working to the consortium’s requests? I.e buying the lower risk players the consortium wanted, to not totally derail their plans? If the deal doesn’t happen, MA hasn’t spent a huge amount of money and has obtained better players. If it does happen, the consortium have a bit of a head start and haven’t totally missed out in the window.

It was speculated that the consortium would give Bruce a chance, so maybe that’s why he’s also still in post.

These deals are nowhere near what MA would usually give us, so it does seem a bit odd.

So very true, but this analysis will still not be enough for some people to even 'imagine' that things may still be happening.

In a major part, I think this is because they do not want to be 'hurt / disappointed' again.

Oh dear :lol:

Reminds me of this line from 'The Chronicle of Riddick'

In normal times, evil should be fought by good, but in times like this, well, it should be fought by another kind of evil

Go on Mike, sue the bastards!

Aye, Team Mike for this.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-1/

Newcastle United can confirm that the Premier League has rejected a takeover bid made by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) based on its Owners and Directors test.

This conclusion has been reached despite the club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.

The club and its owners do not accept that Premier League chief executive Richard Masters and the Premier League have acted appropriately in relation to this matter and will be considering all relevant options available to them.

Mike Ashley understands fans’ frustrations and would like to reassure them that he has been fully committed to ensuring this takeover process reached completion as he felt it was in the best interests of the club. Mike continues to be fully supportive to Steve Bruce, the players and all the staff and wishes them well for the upcoming season.