Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I heard earlier that the consortium has changed slightly involving someone new but won’t include Amanda Staveley going forward. The ownership percentages have also changed.

I’m hearing this through a golf buddy who’s a member somewhere else where he would definitely be exposed to these sorts of people so have no reason to doubt him. - don’t know the new person but I’m guessing that’s who he’s heard this from (directly or indirectly)

Golfmag is back!

I can confirm my handicap is far far higher than what Golfmags would be ?

It maybe a few weeks before the champagne gets opened, but there will be positive news coming out more and more in the next few days then in the next few weeks.

Not completed yet but everything is going into the final stages.

Must be imminent now then as its been a few weeks since this post?

I've heard from a pretty concrete source MBS favourite ice cream flavour is bubble gum. Who'd have thought it. This person has no reason to lie either before you lot f***ing start.

Clearly a man of taste. Bet he gets it from Di Meo's down Whitley. Probably explains his motivation for the takeover.

The guy who knocked off the Seaton Delaval Ice Cream place?

I wouldn’t even give him the satisfaction of going there. By the way, it’s not the same.

For what it is worth, AS is very much still involved and at the forefront of the takeover.

Good news, good information.

Thanks.

I heard earlier that the consortium has changed slightly involving someone new but won’t include Amanda Staveley going forward. The ownership percentages have also changed.

I’m hearing this through a golf buddy who’s a member somewhere else where he would definitely be exposed to these sorts of people so have no reason to doubt him. - don’t know the new person but I’m guessing that’s who he’s heard this from (directly or indirectly)

Howay, man :lol:

I hope this is a joke.

Nope, Mandy out ?

PIF still in but either with a lesser share (or more ?‍♂️)

I know this lad pretty well and we talk football loads so it came up as a side comment when I was talking about the big picture debacle which of course led to me moaning about the takeover. He doesn’t support any team so he’s got no reason to know any of this otherwise.

He handles investments and image rights for retired sports people in his day job.

Sean will be loving this he’s back in.

I've heard from a pretty concrete source MBS favourite ice cream flavour is bubble gum. Who'd have thought it. This person has no reason to lie either before you lot f***ing start.

Clearly a man of taste. Bet he gets it from Di Meo's down Whitley. Probably explains his motivation for the takeover.

The guy who knocked off the Seaton Delaval Ice Cream place?

I wouldn’t even give him the satisfaction of going there. By the way, it’s not the same.

For what it is worth, AS is very much still involved and at the forefront of the takeover.

Was it not deleval ices disgruntled ex-wife that did her own thing?  Deleval takes some beating like.

I had some stuff a few days ago which I posted to one of the mods. The reason I didn’t post in here is because of the timescales which is exactly what I said to them in the direct message.

One of the things I was told is 50/50, can you imagine some posters on here if the outcome wasn’t right? The abuse I would get would be off the chart.

I said patience because that is the buying parties stance at the minute. Stuff is progressing in a good way.

50/50 as in the deal itself is 50/50?

No, 50/50 as in whether to provide certain information which won’t necessarily have an impact on anything (yet) or to keep quiet for a few more weeks.

So i take it you'll be taking up the option of keeping quiet for a few more weeks in regards to what you know?

Mick Edmondson from Back Page was on a certain show tonight, basically very good pals with Keith Patterson one of the 2 supporters taking legal action.

Well worth a listen to get the thought process behind this action, the upshot being they actually believe this will not reach court and will be settled outside. Apparently the penalties for the PL and certain clubs if found guilty of anti competition rules is something like 10% of worldwide turnover.

The basis of the action is that due to competition rules the PL cannot say the process is confidential and must make information available. This could implicate PL, Bein and certain clubs.

Keith Patterson has previously taken part and won anti competition cases in U.K. and USA bigger than this, and if I heard right already knew QC Robert O’Donoghue.

Worth a listen whether you like a certain person or not.

Mick Edmondson from Back Page was on a certain show tonight, basically very good pals with Keith Patterson one of the 2 supporters taking legal action.

Basically well worth a listen to get the thought process behind this action, the upshot being they actually believe this will not reach court and will be settled outside. Apparently the penalties for the PL and certain clubs if found guilty of anti competition rules is something like 10% of worldwide turnover.

The basis of the action is that due to competition rules the PL cannot say the process is confidential and must make information available. This could implicate PL, Bein and certain clubs.

Keith Patterson had previously taken part and won anti competition cases in U.K. and USA bigger than this, and if I heard right already knows QC Robert O’Donoghue.

Worth a listen whether you like a certain person or not.

How far in is it?

What are NUST up to theese days?

Haven't heard about them for a while.

Fuck all. Absolutely pointless. They just want to be best mates with the Premier League and FA. They don’t want to ruffle any feathers.

I'm not sure about that like.

I'm a member but not sure exactly what they are doing, all I seem to see from them is touting for more members which is fair enough but don't see them doing alot more.

Calling Bruce's attack on fans intelligence would be a good start imo.

Held a live meeting on YouTube and Facebook yesterday on the future of football governance with Ian Mearns MP and Kevin Miles, CEO of the Football Supporters Association.

Pretty active in terms of getting PPV scrapped working with the FSA and other trusts, plenty of other things too, if you are members you are clearly not reading your emails.

The first meeting of the new member Council on Sunday - over 100 members far more directly involved in the direction and running of the trust.

Forced the club into finally giving refunds (twice).

Got a survey going on at the minute - would urge you to complete if you are a member.

Lots of people rant on here and Twitter but the amount of people that actually reach out through proper channels with constructive feedback is incredibly low - though there has been some good feedback on here previously.

Don't know. I joined up about 18 months ago. Didn't renew my 1 year subscription but they still gave me voting rights at the last round of elections. Does anyone know what's happened to the £40k or whatever they've taken from the 15,000 lifetime and 1 year memberships they sold?

Don't know. I joined up about 18 months ago. Didn't renew my 1 year subscription but they still gave me voting rights at the last round of elections. Does anyone know what's happened to the £40k or whatever they've taken from the 15,000 lifetime and 1 year memberships they sold?

In the Trusts bank account......

Then every year NUST produce annual accounts to show what the money is spent on, what's in the bank etc.

Then they are professionally audited by a chartered accountant.

Then they are submitted to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Then every year NUST produce annual accounts to show what the money is spent on, what's in the bank etc.

Can you divulge if the trust are still in touch with consortium, not asking you to reveal details but would be interested to know ?

Think they had their chance to really make their mark when they were given the opportunity to grill Masters but I think most people were left a bit disappointed by the outcome there.

Tbf NUFC were always legally obliged to refund season ticket holders anyway and the Premier League PPV was doomed to failure before it got going due to the amount of objections to it right across the country.

Good luck to them but it's not something I'd consider signing up to again.

Can you reveal if the trust are still in touch with consortium, not asking you to reveal details but would be interested to know ?

Alex has spoken with Amanda Staveley previously a number of times, she knows where he is if she/they want to get in touch again.