Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

He won,t get away with it,our day is coming

Owh my Ando7[/member] ..you've just ignited a dying spark in this thread i think. Mimms[/member] want to chip in anything too?  What is the bread serving for this week?

No idea what to think about this anymore. There’s a side that will say it’s good when things are quiet because it means things are getting done without the media finding out.

But then also, nothing may be happening and that lawyer chap just might be a massive bread nonce.

Or maybe the way has been cleared but PIF aren’t interested any more.

No idea what to think about this anymore. There’s a side that will say it’s good when things are quiet because it means things are getting done without the media finding out.

But then also, nothing may be happening and that lawyer chap just might be a massive bread nonce.

Personally I think it if it was 100% dead in the water we would have a leak from somewhere saying so or even a statement from seller/club/buyer. The fact that it's been made public that Ashley is trying to get the sale done, along with the fact the buyers are still interested I would say things are still going on in the background, if it was all over we would definitely know about it.

Personally I think it if it was 100% dead in the water we would have a leak from somewhere saying so or even a statement from seller/club/buyer.

But we have had a statement from the buyer. They stated "we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club". I don't see how much more explicit they could be?

The fact that it's been made public that Ashley is trying to get the sale done

This hasn't actually been made public. What's been made public is that Ashley has engaged QCs to potentially pursue the Premier League over the legitimacy of their non-approval of the takeover. These are two very, very different things. The latter does not require the consortium to still be involved or interested.

along with the fact the buyers are still interested

Again, there's been absolutely nothing to suggest that the Saudis are still interested or pursuing this. Genuinely not a single morsel of evidence.

The takeover attempt no longer exists, and there's no good reason beyond blind optimism to think otherwise.

Personally I think it if it was 100% dead in the water we would have a leak from somewhere saying so or even a statement from seller/club/buyer.

But we have had a statement from the buyer. They stated "we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club". I don't see how much more explicit they could be?

This hasn't actually been made public. What's been made public is that Ashley has engaged QCs to potentially pursue the Premier League over the legitimacy of their non-approval of the takeover. These are two very, very different things. The latter does not require the consortium to still be involved or interested.

Again, there's been absolutely nothing to suggest that the Saudis are still interested or pursuing this. Genuinely not a single morsel of evidence.

The takeover attempt no longer exists, and there's no good reason beyond blind optimism to think otherwise.

You’ve joined the wrong forum.....here’s the link to the forum you want..... https://www.readytogo.net/smb/

IMTTS =Is Mightier Than The Sword? Can't imagine who this is.

IMTTS =Is Mightier Than The Sword? Can't imagine who this is.

Jesus, what a spot :lol: