Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Don't understand the confidentiality breach angle, which is obviously something that's being played on. Are they just trying to make the PL look incompetent?

Well it can't do any harm to our cause so fair play. Now the PL look not only like money grubbing wankers, but unprofessional as well.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but saying you are in a legal dispute isn’t a breach of confidentiality.

It is if you entered into it with the confidence of the other party, surely? If the terms of the action are that the action is confidential, then it's confidential?

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but saying you are in a legal dispute isn’t a breach of confidentiality.

It is if you entered into it with the confidence of the other party, surely? If the terms of the action are that the action is confidential, then it's confidential?

You wouldn't enter into a legal dispute in confidence of the other party in that way though? The actual nature of the dispute might be confidential but not that fact there is a dispute.

if i'm understanding it correctly the time line is

NCSL : "Are you now, or have you ever been, in a legal dispute with NUFC?"

PL: "Uh, yeah?"

NUFC: "BREACH! BREAAAAAACH! JUDGE MAKE THEM APPROVE THE SALE"

Seems the point is the PL then leaked it

I'm at a complete loss as to why this is a good thing. Surely they haven't spent £50k on a letter just to get the PL to breach confidentiality? What does that allow? Does it mean that Ashley's legal team can now share information they couldn't before?

Mimms was spot on this is just a sideshow.

@LiamJKennedy23

·

21m

For those asking about #NUFC official club action, PL today confirmed it - but not in way anyone expected. In fact, it's angered many close to #NUFCTakeover for 'breaching confidentiality'.

Now we know TWO legal actions running concurrently.

Loving this regardless of the end result. It's the f***ing international break, and we've got Chelsea coming up after the break, with dinosaur Steve Bruce managing us. This is just as exciting as watching Bruce's face turn red and about to explode losing 5-0 at half time this weekend.