Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry lads, I'm gonna have to break kayfabe.

I don't understand why people are downplaying this. This is big news for several reasons.

1. It's confirmation that buyer and seller are currently entrenched in a legal battle with the PL and that De Marco QC is involved. This wasn't known this morning. We only had optimistic suspicion.

2. Mimms' claims that the NCSL is just a front looks to have been proven true. The PL, in their 9 page letter, advised NCSL not to pursue action at this time as their dual legal battle with PIF and Fat Ash are ongoing.

3. The fact that Mimms has been proven correct should give everyone cause for optimism since his overall tone is generally very positive. "Confident the deal will go through."

4. I also don't fully understand the significance or the technicalities surrounding the breach of confidentiality but if the best sports lawyer in Britain is on the case and going to hedge my bets and say it is significant.

Any shreds of confidence I had in this are ebbing away :lol: Such a fuckin shambles.

again, what were you expecting? As far as I can tell it’s all going to plan.

Also it’s been confirmed De Marco is involved in a legal battle with the PL from what I can see the man works wonders.

but aye this all might take a good while which is very frustrating

Quite enjoying having some reliable ITKs mind. It’s usually utterly bollocks but it’s quite nice getting bits of info here and there and Ando dropping the team news about an hour early 😂

I’m still not getting excited by this fan action but desperate for any sort of pressure to help or at least make those pricks at the PL have something to think about.

1. It's confirmation that buyer and seller are currently entrenched in a legal battle with the PL and that De Marco QC is involved. This wasn't known this morning. We only had optimistic suspicion.

Where has it been confirmed that the Staveley/Saudi consortium are currently party to a legal dispute with the Premier League?

"Nowhere" is the answer, if you're wondering.

Any shreds of confidence I had in this are ebbing away :lol: Such a fuckin shambles.

Also it’s been confirmed De Marco is involved in a legal battle with the PL from what I can see the man works wonders.

It's not really a direct result of todays, erm, news.  It's just the whole thing seems a fucking mess and this is just adding to it, I have been pesimistic for a while basically because we don't get good things, and this farce isn't making me feel much better about it.  Not sure where everyone is getting the confidence from tbh. 

If I heard something from NDM about how his work is coming along, I'd probably feel different but this other stuff is being played out far too publically which never ends well.

It's not really a direct result of todays, erm, news.  It's just the whole thing seems a fucking mess and this is just adding to it, I have been pesimistic for a while basically because we don't get good things, and this farce isn't making me feel much better about it.  Not sure where everyone is getting the confidence from tbh. 

If I heard something from NDM about how his work is coming along, I'd probably feel different but this other stuff is being played out far too publically which never ends well.

Fair enough.

Sorry lads, I'm gonna have to break kayfabe.

I don't understand why people are downplaying this. This is big news for several reasons.

2. Mimms' claims that the NCSL is just a front looks to have been proven true. The PL, in their 9 page letter, advised NCSL not to pursue action at this time as their dual legal battle with PIF and Fat Ash are ongoing.

3. The fact that Mimms has been proven correct should give everyone cause for optimism since his overall tone is generally very positive. "Confident the deal will go through."

4. I also don't fully understand the significance or the technicalities surrounding the breach of confidentiality but if the best sports lawyer in Britain is on the case and going to hedge my bets and say it is significant.

Answer your PM’s for fuck sake!

It's not really a direct result of todays, erm, news.  It's just the whole thing seems a f***ing mess and this is just adding to it, I have been pesimistic for a while basically because we don't get good things, and this farce isn't making me feel much better about it.  Not sure where everyone is getting the confidence from tbh. 

Fair enough.

I don't get the idea that it's somehow a farce.  This is a legal battle against a incredibly stubborn entitled organisation.  It was never going to be straight forward or cordial.  They seem to be trying to create a overwhelming legal storm.  If its correct that the fans group are working with club and buyer approval, which seems pretty certain.  That's never going to be pretty, but might work.  Masters might run out of flop sweat blocker and just settle for fear of dying of dehydration.

Where has it been confirmed that the Staveley/Saudi consortium are currently party to a legal dispute with the Premier League?

"Nowhere" is the answer, if you're wondering.

My mistake. I misread Kennedy's part about two ongoing legal battles.

I still think this great news though. The club/Ash is being represented by De Marco and they're working the case now. How is that not a good thing?

Mimms' claims and predictions have lined up too. Let's hope he's right about the other good stuff he said.