Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’m all for putting pressure on but this letter seems like absolutely waste of time without any clout behind it at all.

Good luck to the people involved for trying but I’m really finding it hard to expect anything at all from it.

I’m all for putting pressure on but this letter seems like absolutely waste of time without any clout behind it at all.

Good luck to the people involved for trying but I’m really finding it hard to expect anything at all from it.

Be a right kick in the tits if the QC reads it and says it’s actually all above board

I agree there is a real danger of this happening. 

Just from my own observations about the Premier League as an organisation, I think this is VERY unlikely.

Having said that, neither do I think that the P L will come totally clean with the documents / information they provide. Much further investigation and probably more than one lot of Legal Action (beyond what has already happened) is likely to be needed.

9 pages:

Title page

Contents

Introduction

Waffle x 5

Appendix

Well it clearly isn't the transparent sharing of all the information requested by NCSL. It sounds like a short case explaining why everything was fair and above board. Probably the response expected by NCSL. Off to court with a request of full disclosure next then.

It’s all part of the legal game. They were hardly gonna say ‘oh yeh, you were right lads. Go on, have a takeover’

This, bit like when Masters spoke at the fans meeting, some people just accepted what he said as being true and give up.

I don’t think these lads will roll over that easily. The fact PL have responded tells you there taking this seriously.

Well not really. Not everyone is as optimistic as you manorpark.

On top of that, bar Liam Kennedy/ITKs, what concrete info is there that this is going to get overturned?

Newcastle fans and pessimism go hand in hand.

It’s all part of the legal game. They were hardly gonna say ‘oh yeh, you were right lads. Go on, have a takeover’

Might not happen in the end I don't know...maybe it will.  But fully agree with with this.