Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Did we not decide that account purporting to be staveleys husband was fake two days ago?

Lol...Stifler did because the guy said he was watching a tv rerun and enjoying it, and Stifler said he couldn’t have as he was in Iran when it first came out. Or something like that?! Lol.

If this NCSL campaign was all legal and airtight it wouldn't be needed, we already have one of those.  Their remit is clearly to keep this in the public eye, publically put pressure on in a way the 'official' legal team are unable to.

These lads are doing a job, it's just another facet to the overall strategy.

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

I don’t think people understand what is going on here, the legal route that NCSL are going down is through the CMA. This route is only open to customers.

The PL in their arrogance believe they can fight off any anti-competition fight because it is extremely difficult for customers to band together and raise the capital to fight the case. In fact in the initial legal salvo the PL told NCSL that they were unwilling to engage in a legal battle because NCSL can’t afford it.

Therefore if NCSL do have the money, the PLs argument to block the legal case will be that NCSL aren’t customers, but in fact a private organisation attempting to abuse the process to further its own market objectives.

Therefore NCSL have to move from a position of zero presence six months ago to outwardly appearing and behaving like a supporter’s group so are deliberately behaving dumber and like a fan.

Guest neesy111

Well I only went into this thread again yesterday to see what the fuss was about

and if there was actually any update.  Easily the worst thread on the forum that is regularly inhabited by idiots.  Goodbye.

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

You're  O0

Well I only went into this thread again yesterday to see what the fuss was about

and if there was actually any update.  Easily the worst thread on the forum that is regularly inhabited by idiots.  Goodbye.

See ya

Did we not decide that account purporting to be staveleys husband was fake two days ago?

Lol...Stifler did because the guy said he was watching a tv rerun and enjoying it, and Stifler said he couldn’t have as he was in Iran when it first came out. Or something like that?! Lol.

Aye, the theory was the good people of the Gulf weren't exposed to "Challenge Ant", "Mr Lee" or "Chums" in their prime. Nor were they cutting about Tehran rubbing their stomachs shouting "Pikachuuuuuuuuu" and therefore for Staveley's husband to be reminiscing of those halcyon days, it must be a fake account.

Guest reefatoon

Love Neesy like. All this post was missing was seeing him jumping on his penny-farthing and peddling through Hackney. “You are all idiots. Goodbye” flounces down Hackney street on his penny-farthing, straight into a DPD van.

*You're

Also, there's a big difference between writing a post on an internet forum and writing a letter to the Prime Minister as representatives of an entire fan base.

I support what they're doing, but that doesn't make them beyond reproach. This isn't some binary "with or against" situation where we must be entirely partisan in our thoughts. Their letter could've been a lot better and there's nothing wrong in pointing that out.

Anyone remember the article Ryder did about what Tammy Abraham said after hitting the post? It was barely a sentence long and just pointed out that Tammy hit the post and said “damn”. :lol: I mean he actually posted that as a article.

Anyone remember the article Ryder did about what Tammy Abraham said after hitting the post? It was barely a sentence long and just pointed out that Tammy hit the post and said “damn”. :lol: I mean he actually posted that as a article.

The irony is Ryder has come out of this takeover shite better than the majority of them (if not all) Edwards was on the verge of being committed.

Maybe it should look like it's by just two fans. It's a damn sight more genuine than some polished up letter they certainly wouldn't write.

That was my thought but I couldn’t be arsed arguing.

Love Neesy like. All this post was missing was seeing him jumping on his penny-farthing and peddling through Hackney. “You are all idiots. Goodbye” flounces down Hackney street on his penny-farthing, straight into a DPD van.

:lol: top reference

*You're

Also, there's a big difference between writing a post on an internet forum and writing a letter to the Prime Minister as representatives of an entire fan base.

I support what they're doing, but that doesn't make them beyond reproach. This isn't some binary "with or against" situation where we must be entirely partisan in our thoughts. Their letter could've been a lot better and there's nothing wrong in pointing that out.

Well if the letter could have been a lot better, why don’t you write one to Boris and stick it up on here ?

That would be a constructive way of making a contribution, instead of nit picking over a letter that certainly doesn’t need to be polished. It’s very easy to ‘point out’ as you put it, but the stick these lads have been getting from elements of the fan base is disgusting.

Good job they seem to have broad shoulders, as currently they’re a great source of information and are keeping this in the media spotlight.