Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

https://youtu.be/cQ3uSj5xkHE

This has been really worth watching in terms of what could be going on with DeMarco and arbitration etc.

In what way?

Yeah not particularly enlightening IMO.  She doesn't really seem to have her finger on the pulse of what's gone on to be honest.  "If they [Premier League] had ongoing dialogue with PIF within a reasonable timeframe its difficult to prove they delayed the test"..  What gives her the impression this was a reasonable time frame?  I mean its to be proven either way obviously but she's saying that as if it seems very likely it was reasonable, which it doesn't at all.  Wether it was or wasn't looking in from the outside, going by all previous OD tests, it looks excessively long in the extreme.  That's before we even talk about info we've heard about the question they were asking being answered numerous times and still asked again repeatedly.  Now people can say the answer might not have been acceptable to the PL, but the response to that is to make a decision based on that unacceptable answer.  Not to just keep repeating the question again and again, that's absolutely a delaying tactic in anybody's book.

I disagree here and I think this is one of the reasons she’s come under so much flack on Twitter. She’s offering an opinion on what’s likely from a legal perspective not her own personal opinion. She isn’t claiming to have her finger on the pulse on the deal or what’s happening in the arbitration process. She’s consistently pointed out legal flaws in what the fan group has claimed what was possible with the separate legal proceedings, taken flack for it only to be proven right.

I’m all for being hopeful about the takeover/legal proceedings but it has to be based in realism. Anyone offering anything that doesn’t tow the line that’s happening (especially on Twitter has been getting hounded).

That said, I thought the vid was hopeful and  informative on the position of DeMarco, what the arbitration process was and the many outcomes that could potentially come from it. She said it wouldn’t be hard to create a legal argument that the decision had been influenced from outside sources.

Luke hasn't been wrong once tbf

In fact he's been far closer than fan favourites Kennedy and Caulkin

All rather disappointing really

How's your mate Trump doing with the overturning of these votes btw?

Christ, talk about not letting it go! Woking hell!

I mean, it's pretty strong evidence that everything you post on here is absolute bollocks :lol:

More from Mimms' bessie: Lots happening behind the scenes, moving rapidly. Confidence very high but not completed. Solicitors working but not necessarily on cases v PL...

No idea what that means.

The confidence is always high with the buyers. I wish we can atleast know whether the PL have changed their stance on anything with these developments.

She’s a wad

Proper!

what's a wad?

I'm guessing 'a smart looking lass, that you defintiely 'Wad' (or would)'.

And yes, she is.  :naughty:

Ah, gotcha,  takes on a whole new meaning does the group showaddywaddy in that case  :cheesy:

Find it strange how Mimms said Liam Kennedy has a very good source and is worth listening too, along with the NCSL are just a side show to keep the main consortium out of the media.

Yet Liam Kennedy literally brings news up from last year (and has regular big stories about what's going on) and makes out its breaking news, all bringing the consortium back into the media spotlight.

That just doesn't add up.

I think the only news/ leaks that matter are how the PL are viewing everything. Are they willing to negotiate or are they still not wanting this to happen under no uncertain terms. That is crucial info that as far as I know nobody has had any "reliable" info on.

Find it strange how Mimms said Liam Kennedy has a very good source and is worth listening too, along with the NCSL are just a side show to keep the main consortium out of the media.

Yet Liam Kennedy literally brings news up from last year (and has regular big stories about what's going on) and makes out its breaking news, all bringing the consortium back into the media spotlight.

I think the only news/ leaks that matter are how the PL are viewing everything. Are they willing to negotiate or are they still not wanting this to happen under no uncertain terms. That is crucial info that as far as I know nobody has had any "reliable" info on.

I hope that there is zero negotiation and we take them for everything they have. It should either be a yes or no, not a negotiation. The fuckers have said no, seemingly purely down to greed, corruption, and influences which shouldn’t be allowed or permitted.

I hope that there is zero negotiation and we take them for everything they have. It should either be a yes or no, not a negotiation. The fuckers have said no, seemingly purely down to greed, corruption, and influences which shouldn’t be allowed or permitted.

They haven't said no, and that's all conjecture.

They haven't said no, and that's all conjecture.

An indefinite wait is the same as saying no, in my view.

Didn't it come out that the bid was officially rejected a while after PIF withdrew? I thought I saw that somewhere a few months back but I could have simply misread something.

Ashley said it was rejected in his statement. The PL/masters said it wasn’t

Nope. Well, it did say so in our statement I think?

Didn't it come out that the bid was officially rejected a while after PIF withdrew? I thought I saw that somewhere a few months back but I could have simply misread something.

Ashley said it was rejected in his statement. The PL/masters said it wasn’t

Ah, that's right. Ashley said it was and the PL said otherwise :thup:

Pot and kettle with those 2 mind :lol:

Sick of hearing how confident the buyers are. They'd say the glass is half-full when its empty.

Burnt too many times.

This, basically.

LOL....please remind me when you’ve EVER been confident, and subsequently burnt! From day one, you’ve been a grey cloud over the whole thing.

Couple of interesting bits in this if you can get past Starforth’s drab voice.

From 13 minutes onwards.

Seller positive about this weeks developments in Middle East.

Arbitration panel still not chosen, sounds like games at play and big concern FA chooses 3rd member.

Possibly most interesting, Kennedy has seen documents that show after PIF walked the o&d test has been changed.