Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Saying anything exciting?

Yeah he’s very confident - in touch with Staveley etc too

A few of my mates who haven’t been confident are now after this!

Sweet, cheers :thup:

Still ongoing? Wouldn't mind a link if so, thanks.

The won't get to caught comment was strange, surely that implies this will all be settled before it gets that far or an agreement will be made. No idea what it could be though if he is still continuing with his action?

I like Steve Wraith

Wouldn't say I like him or dislike him, but I don't get the pure hatred he gets from a lot of our fans, seems pretty weird

Not really. He's a self-absorbed, self-promoting tosser.

Hes a promoter TBF

Thats all we've heard for about 10 months from a range of people. Granted, its dipped as low as 'still confident' but seemingly, despite all the confidence in the world, here we are, one journalist saying one thing, another saying another and still seemingly no further forward. 

Thats all we've heard for about 10 months from a range of people. Granted, its dipped as low as 'still confident' but seemingly, despite all the confidence in the world, here we are, one journalist saying one thing, another saying another and still seemingly no further forward. 

It wasn’t a journo - it was one of the two members of NCSL on!

I personally found it quite interesting. He is telling us as much as he can within reason. I like how he said he had been warned before coming on that the EPL will be watching this, if true it shows they're rattled.

Yep!

I like Steve Wraith

Wouldn't say I like him or dislike him, but I don't get the pure hatred he gets from a lot of our fans, seems pretty weird

Not really. He's a self-absorbed, self-promoting tosser.

Hes a promoter TBF

Doesn't matter. Enjoy the sermon.

Good to put a face to the name. Good half hour of sob about getting criticism which is a bit overindulgent. Par for the course so you have to rise above. Partly projection from Wraith on that one a bit. Interesting now he’s become a visible figurehead and behind the efforts despite a few missteps.

Most important line of all is he expects both cases to begin this month.

Unbelievable passion, sacrifice and commitment to the cause, whatever you think of his letter writing skills.

Says it'll probably all kick off this month In terms of the legal cases. Reckons it'll be done around March. His opinion obviously. Enjoyed listening him.

Unbelievable passion, sacrifice and commitment to the cause, whatever you think of his letter writing skills.

Says it'll probably all kick off this month In terms of the legal cases. Reckons it'll be done around March. His opinion obviously. Enjoyed listening him.

An added bonus if he helps this get done, he’s a Durham Mag and we all know how mackems love them. Can you imagine the level of hatred if one has contributed to making us the richest club in the world.

That was a very uplifting listen. Hopefully he'll get less abuse on twitter after people watch it. He was getting himself quite worked up about it all.

If the takeover does go through, the PL will be going through everything we do with a nit comb. They obviously hate our guts at this point.

Just finished watching the show with NCSL,I always supported what they are doing, but criticised his letter that it didn't come across as professional enough,which in my opinion you needed when writing to the PM.

However after seeing his enthusiasm and passion for not just the takeover, but Newcastle United itself, I can fully understand why that letter was written in that way. He comes across as a top bloke and some of the things he said are answers that we've been wanting for months.

Things are really going to heat up soon it seems.

An added bonus if he helps this get done, he’s a Durham Mag and we all know how mackems love them. Can you imagine the level of hatred if one has contributed to making us the richest club in the world.

Complete rage on wearside!

Feel like I really need to avoid NUFC Twitter now, like. Things are being retweeted onto my feed constantly from 'personalties' moaning about others.

Just seen someone from "NE1's game" (wtf is that?) moaning he's been verbally abused by someone from NCSL in that Wraith feed (again, not watched it). Everyone needs to step back and grow the fuck up.

I’ve just seen that, I love that he is at pains to say he hasn’t watched it but that’s what he’s been told was said. People then point out it’s still on YouTube to watch if he wants to make his own mind up. Of course, he doesn’t want to watch it. All in all, a tremendous endeavour.