Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Masters and the PL will want as much money as they can get...if they can get more by allowing PIF to take us over than they would be pandering to 'Top' 6 they won't just allow but will encourage.

Reputations fade very quickly when there's no success or drama attached . Arsenal are rapidly becoming just another team in the league, Chelsea are becoming a playboy hobby that isn't working out so much now.

Man Utd remain interesting at the moment because of their fairly recent successes, but a few more years without a title and Asia will forget them

City will remain relevant as long as Guardiola is there, but where do they go from there? There's not a better management name around and available at present.

Painfully...Leicester are the way forward...can see them dumping Arsenal or Chelsea out of the 'Top 6', Got a brilliant mix of planning and ambition beyond just raking in the pounds

The Top 6 (at any time) are a totally diffent thing to the Sky-invented "Big 6".

Their names should not be confused.

Following last years 'revealing of their hand' the full name of the Big 6 (even though they don't really exist despite what their 'Sky inventors' incessantly say) is "The Big Picture 6".

This is a response about Ben Jacobs thread alluding there maybe a different set up to the takeover. e.g Aramco or private investors.

Getting sponsed by Aramco would give us huge swing in FPP wouldn't it?

I don't think the deal will be restructed, but surely Aramco will be involved somewhere.

This is a response about Ben Jacobs thread alluding there maybe a different set up to the takeover. e.g Aramco or private investors.

Getting sponsed by Aramco would give us huge swing in FPP wouldn't it?

I don't think the deal will be restructed, but surely Aramco will be involved somewhere.

Ok hypothetically if this were to all happen, it wouldn’t matter who is sponsoring as FFP rules keep a very close eye on what a realistic deal would amount to. Sure it would be an improvement on whatever Fun88 have in place currently but not enough to justify mental spending.

The likes of PSG and City taking the piss have spoiled the party for any new players to the game now. You can’t just have your mates sponsor for a deal that closely matches what you plan on spending.

If they do it properly as a long term project, build value year on year and have short term deals in place so that things can be frequently negotiated, we should be in a much better position

I like Steve Wraith

Wouldn't say I like him or dislike him, but I don't get the pure hatred he gets from a lot of our fans, seems pretty weird

Not really. He's a self-absorbed, self-promoting tosser.