Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

His main aim is to p*ss off the PL. He described it as a like an annoying fly buzzing around and not going away.

He's managed to get some important info and used it as evidence in the clubs case which, I don't think anyone can deny, is a big help.

He wants the takeover and is using his knowledge, experience, and contacts to help it along. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's harsh to say he's not doing anything.

Cheers, so what’s he put his money into mate?  And why

His main aim is to p*ss off the PL. He described it as a like an annoying fly buzzing around and not going away.

He's managed to get some important info and used it as evidence in the clubs case which, I don't think anyone can deny, is a big help.

He wants the takeover and is using his knowledge, experience, and contacts to help it along. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's harsh to say he's not doing anything.

The QC he has hired. Robert O'donoghue i think he is called. He is an expert in competition law which is the angle NCSL have attacked the PL on, anti-competition.

The QC he has hired. Robert O'donoghue i think he is called. He is an expert in competition law which is the angle NCSL have attacked the PL on, anti-competition.

Yep, this.

NCSL received a BEIN headed letter asking what the difference is between him lobbying for the takeover and BEIN lobbing PL clubs to reject it. NCSL didn't know what to make of it, showed it to the lawyer he'd hired and was told one was illegal and one wasn't. That was the passed on to the club to aid them in their case.

It's little things like this that could really help us win arbitration and lead to the takeover.

Anyone questioning Keith Pattinson really needs to watch the first hour of the NUFC Matter show last week (Yes it has Wraith on but you can just ignore him). There is no way you could come away from it thinking that he has anything but the best interests of the club and fans at heart. His passion for the club reminded me of how it used to feel and made me angry at the charlatans who destroyed it over the last decade.

As for calling that lass not a fan, my take was that he was saying she wasnt a fan of his/NCSL, if I can be arsed ill dig out the timestamp later

EDIT 7m40s in, "clearly that person isnt supporter of what I do" nothing that questions here being a fan of the club

Hold on - just because Keith has put an indeterminate amount of money into a project that may or may not have any bearing whatsoever on the takeover, it doesn’t mean he is totally immune from any well meaning questions or criticism at all.

I don’t think he’s doing any harm and, quite frankly, he can crack on as far as I’m concerned but blindly following him and expecting him to not be asked any questions is a bit strange.

Hold on - just because Keith has put an indeterminate amount of money into a project that may or may not have any bearing whatsoever on the takeover, it doesn’t mean he is totally immune from any well meaning questions or criticism at all.

I don’t think he’s doing any harm and, quite frankly, he can crack on as far as I’m concerned but blindly following him and expecting him to not answer any questions in a civil and detailed fashion is a bit strange.

A lot of it isn’t well meaning tho. That lawyer lass has said he & Kennedy are misleading fans etc from day one and she’s not let it go since.

What Keith is essentially saying is if you don’t believe or agree with what he’s doing then let him get on with it and we’ll see what happens.

I don’t think he’s doing any harm and, quite frankly, he can crack on as far as I’m concerned but blindly following him and expecting him to not be asked any questions is a bit strange.

Of course not but by the same token, he is using his own money so he doesn't have to answer to any fan or questions or comments or criticism.  He should just use NCSL twitter account for updates etc and not engage with the twitter fans etc.  Its really not worth it and I think that is what he said he would do.

Yep, this.

NCSL received a BEIN headed letter asking what the difference is between him lobbying for the takeover and BEIN lobbing PL clubs to reject it. NCSL didn't know what to make of it, showed it to the lawyer he'd hired and was told one was illegal and one wasn't. That was the passed on to the club to aid them in their case.

It's little things like this that could really help us win arbitration and lead to the takeover.

Cheers lads I get it now , ah well fair play to him if he effects anything, so why are folk having a go at him ffs.

Why should he be criticised and questioned? is he taking anything from the fans? If no then I don’t see what is the big issue let him crack on.

I haven’t followed enough of it to be honest, but as long as the links with the crowdfunding thing are above board and there’s no move to request any money whatsoever from fans in the future, then I can see your point.

It’s up to him as to whether he engages with fans or not, but if he has a public presence people will ask questions (and should be allowed to) and you can’t stop that. But he shouldn’t get offended by questions and start abusing people - it’s embarrassing and really unprofessional. If he doesn’t want to engage and offer answers to questions, then ignore them.

I don’t think he’s doing any harm and, quite frankly, he can crack on as far as I’m concerned but blindly following him and expecting him to not answer any questions in a civil and detailed fashion is a bit strange.

A lot of it isn’t well meaning tho. That lawyer lass has said he & Kennedy are misleading fans etc from day one and she’s not let it go since.

What Keith is essentially saying is if you don’t believe or agree with what he’s doing then let him get on with it and we’ll see what happens.

To be honest, from what I saw there was little that the lawyer said that was incorrect and she was bringing a dose of reality to proceedings. I don’t know if she’s self-promoting or not - I can’t see much upside for her if she is.

But I don’t see an issue with her offering fans her informed opinion on the information that NCSL or Kennedy are putting out. She doesn’t need to agree with NCSL and that’s her right to offer her view in a public forum without abuse.

To be honest, from what I saw there was little that the lawyer said that was incorrect and she was bringing a dose of reality to proceedings. I don’t know if she’s self-promoting or not - I can’t see much upside for her if she is.

But I don’t see an issue with her offering fans her informed opinion on the information that NCSL or Kennedy are putting out. She doesn’t need to agree with NCSL and that’s her right to offer her view in a public forum without abuse.

I agree. That’s fine but it’s the constant digs is just childish. Very much hints of I told you so when something she said gets confirmed. Then both sides followers just pile on. I just don’t get it

It's that Red Rose Michelle lass on twitter who kicked off most of the animosity towards Keith. She has a band of desperate male followers who'll back her regardless in some pathetic attempt to get noticed or a like off her.

Thing is what people forget is that she got almost everything wrong the 1st time around and when someone put her CV onto twitter the other week it showed that she's a very inexperienced solicitor with no experience in this field.

It's that Red Rose Michelle lass on twitter who kicked off most of the animosity towards Keith. She has a band of desperate male followers who'll back her regardless in some pathetic attempt to get noticed or a like off her.

Thing is what people forget is that she got almost everything wrong the 1st time around and when someone put her CV onto twitter the other week it showed that she's a very inexperienced solicitor with no experience in this field.

Her rage at wasting MP time during a pandemic is a bit rich aswell, she openly admits she sent a letter the 1st time round. I’m quite sure they have enough spare time to deal with multiple issues, and likewise govt ministers.

Has that Keith bloke put his own money in?

Wasn’t there a group of people asking for others to donate to take legal action?

I appreciate what he’s done, however something never adds up with him.

I don’t think he knows what’s going on with the clubs case against the Premier League as much as he lets on.

Whats he actually done ?

Going from your last two posts you are talking negatively about the guy, lowkey accuse him of being a mackem. without researching who he is or what he has or hasn’t done?

:lol:

If you really want to know what he has done, go on to You Tube and listed to him on the 3 Amigos show dated 8th January 2021.

If you listen to that, then you will know.

What's his backstory?

Has that Keith bloke put his own money in?

Wasn’t there a group of people asking for others to donate to take legal action?

I appreciate what he’s done, however something never adds up with him.

I don’t think he knows what’s going on with the clubs case against the Premier League as much as he lets on.

Whats he actually done ?

Going from your last two posts you are talking negatively about the guy, lowkey accuse him of being a mackem. without researching who he is or what he has or hasn’t done?

:lol:

If you really want to know what he has done, go on to You Tube and listen to him on the 3 Amigos show dated 8th January 2021.

If you listen to that, then you will know.

Yep, this.

>>>>>IGNORE THE BELOW POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ A NON-OPTIMISTIC APPRAISAL OF THE TAKEOVER OF NUFC<<<<<

Neither of those things are illegal (obviously).

Here's what has actually happened, and what will come to light when this sorry saga finally peters out for good: this Keith Patterson bloke and his pal have spunked some money up the wall to pay for a letter from a very expensive QC. The letter had no impact on anything because its argument (that the Premier League not approving a takeover of a club by the biggest pirates of Premier League IP was a violation of competition law) was nonsense. That's where Robert O'Donoghue's involvement began and ended - he knew it was nonsense but someone paid his fees so he had little choice but to put together a nonsense argument (note that the talk of 'letters before action' and legal action being imminent disappeared into the ether...).

The idea that Patterson is part of a co-ordinated legal attack concocted by some mixture of Ashley, Staveley, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia and the Reuben brothers is genuinely insane. Recruiting local gobshites to pen appallingly-written letters to MPs is not how billionaires pursue legal strategies. Patterson, like Wraith, is a know-nothing gobshite using the desperation of fans to raise his profile for reasons we can only speculate on.

The Saudi takeover of NUFC no longer exists as a going concern. Ashley is pursuing damages on the grounds of restraint of trade. No-one should give a shit whether he gets what he wants on that front.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yep, this.

>>>>>IGNORE THE BELOW POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ A NON-OPTIMISTIC APPRAISAL OF THE TAKEOVER OF NUFC<<<<<

Neither of those things are illegal (obviously).

Here's what has actually happened, and what will come to light when this sorry saga finally peters out for good: this Keith Patterson bloke and his pal have spunked some money up the wall to pay for a letter from a very expensive QC. The letter had no impact on anything because its argument (that the Premier League not approving a takeover of a club by the biggest pirates of Premier League IP was a violation of competition law) was nonsense. That's where Robert O'Donoghue's involvement began and ended - he knew it was nonsense but someone paid his fees so he had little choice but to put together a nonsense argument (note that the talk of 'letters before action' and legal action being imminent disappeared into the ether...).

The idea that Patterson is part of a co-ordinated legal attack concocted by some mixture of Ashley, Staveley, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia and the Reuben brothers is genuinely insane. Recruiting local gobshites to pen appallingly-written letters to MPs is not how billionaires pursue legal strategies. Patterson, like Wraith, is a know-nothing gobshite using the desperation of fans to raise his profile for reasons we can only speculate on.

The Saudi takeover of NUFC no longer exists as a going concern. Ashley is pursuing damages on the grounds of restraint of trade. No-one should give a shit whether he gets what he wants on that front.

So wrong!

The rest, well,I don’t know Kieth Pattison so can’t comment and Ashley, I’d never trust any motive of his, ever. PCP/PIF/Reubens they want NUFC and are working away to make sure the takeover happens.

I'm dubious about Keith Patterson but re the last paragraph, if Mike Ashley is doing the arbitration only to seek damages to himself, why is Newcastle United one of the parties in arbitration? Why isn't it just Mike Ashley Vs the PL?