Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Illogical : Deal is off. MA seeking compensation for lost deal.

Logic: photos of loafs of bread etc . Daft letter writing sod off Twitter. Mimms(rip).

Why are you even in this thread? Obviously allowed to. Just don't see the point...

As an alternative to people baselessly cans and sooning it?

Do you crave to convince people to think the same as you do? If there was a thread for absolute non believers about the takeover I wouldn't be in it that's for sure :lol:

You are entitled to do as you wish, but im pretty sure you've made your point in here over and over again. For some people this is their last hope of something positive. Until it's 100% dead let them believe in weird shit, I mean I just don't see the point of being relentless like you and others. Anyways, enjoy your weekend :thup:

I can well believe PIF aren't necessarily involved in any legal wranglings and have backed away. I also believe that if the PL are found to have acted inappropriately in not approving the O&D test, then they'll be straight back in again.

I assume at that point Ashley will drop his claim for damages and complete the sale.

:'(

Its an absolute mess like.

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

What are you on?  Have you just woke up from a 6 months coma, The Takeover, the big 6 project......Aye the Pl are Snow White. If PIF etc haven't provided what they need, then make a decision and say rejected because of x, y and z.  Don't f***ing hide behind 'no decision has been made'. 

But how do you know the decision process is even structured like that? It could be a case of 'until you provide us with proof of X, Y and Z we can't approve the takeover'. 'We'll approve it when you provide this and that'. Therefore its not a formal rejection, its a case of the PL being willing if certain requirements are met, which as of yet haven't.

Even if the approval process was on a Accept/Reject spectrum, rejecting it could terminate any legal/administrative progress that has been made up to that point. They bidders would essentially have to start the entire process at all.

I can't see a logical reason as to why the PL wouldnt be in favour of a takeover if it met certain requirements. It goes completely again their interests.

Are you on the wind up ? If you can’t see a logical reason I f***ing despair.

Well howay then oracle. Explain to me why it makes any sort of business sense for the PL to block more income and growth in the league and why they haven't done it before?

An answer that consists of more than 'muh corruption' or pasting the f***ing tweets of known lunatic Burnsie into the thread if possible..

What is your definition of the PL ? You do realise it consists of 20 stakeholders of which 6 are clearly calling the shots. Masters and Hoffman have been hand picked by clubs within top 6 to carry out their agenda, once they cease to do this they will be gone.

You don’t seem to accept there’s corruption despite the revelations of the past couple of weeks ? Why would the top 6 want to allow another club to threaten their income , it’s akin to turkeys voting for xmas.

Also who do you believe within the PL wants the income or growth from this takeover Masters, Fenway, Levy ? I’ll tell you who no one.

I actually think a twitter lunatic might have a better grasp on this than yourself to be honest.

Don’t try and re write history, you’re knowledge of this takeover could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Illogical : Deal is off. MA seeking compensation for lost deal.

Logic: photos of loafs of bread etc . Daft letter writing sod off Twitter. Mimms(rip).

Why are you even in this thread? Obviously allowed to. Just don't see the point...

As an alternative to people baselessly cans and sooning it?

Do you crave to convince people to think the same as you do? If there was a thread for absolute non believers about the takeover I wouldn't be in it that's for sure :lol:

You are entitled to do as you wish, but im pretty sure you've made your point in here over and over again. For some people this is their last hope of something positive. Until it's 100% dead let them believe in weird shit, I mean I just don't see the point of being relentless like you and others. Anyways, enjoy your weekend :thup:

Hope it happens as much as anyone. But the truth is apart from those directly involved nobody has a clue about what’s happening. So the stance should remain the deals off until it isn’t

We,re gonna get our club back again soon,I get to some degree a hint of pessimism but trust me judgement day is approaching for the Premier league,keep the faith.

Ando, just for once can you say whether this is just your opinion or whether your team news guy is saying this?

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

What are you on?  Have you just woke up from a 6 months coma, The Takeover, the big 6 project......Aye the Pl are Snow White. If PIF etc haven't provided what they need, then make a decision and say rejected because of x, y and z.  Don't f***ing hide behind 'no decision has been made'. 

But how do you know the decision process is even structured like that? It could be a case of 'until you provide us with proof of X, Y and Z we can't approve the takeover'. 'We'll approve it when you provide this and that'. Therefore its not a formal rejection, its a case of the PL being willing if certain requirements are met, which as of yet haven't.

Even if the approval process was on a Accept/Reject spectrum, rejecting it could terminate any legal/administrative progress that has been made up to that point. They bidders would essentially have to start the entire process at all.

I can't see a logical reason as to why the PL wouldnt be in favour of a takeover if it met certain requirements. It goes completely again their interests.

Well howay then oracle. Explain to me why it makes any sort of business sense for the PL to block more income and growth in the league and why they haven't done it before?

An answer that consists of more than 'muh corruption' or pasting the f***ing tweets of known lunatic Burnsie into the thread if possible..

What is your definition of the PL ? You do realise it consists of 20 stakeholders of which 6 are clearly calling the shots. Masters and Hoffman have been hand picked by clubs within top 6 to carry out their agenda, once they cease to do this they will be gone.

You don’t seem to accept there’s corruption despite the revelations of the past couple of weeks ? Why would the top 6 want to allow another club to threaten their income , it’s akin to turkeys voting for xmas.

Also who do you believe within the PL wants the income or growth from this takeover Masters, Fenway, Levy ? I’ll tell you who no one.

I actually think a twitter lunatic might have a better grasp on this than yourself to be honest.

Don’t try and re write history, you’re knowledge of this takeover could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

That was your response? You genuinely think that the takeover hasnt gone through because 'the top 6' have hand picked the CEO of PL to carry out their agenda.

You're sitting there saying, the PL chief exec, would be against further income and growth within the league. Thats the basis of them rejecting the takeover.

You're a moron.

That was your response? You genuinely think that the takeover hasnt gone through because 'the top 6' have hand picked the CEO of PL to carry out their agenda.

You're sitting there saying, the PL chief exec, would be against further income and growth within the league. Thats the basis of them rejecting the takeover.

You're a moron.

They're obviously in Qatar's pocket. As every other major sporting body in the world. It's part of Qatar's foreign policy.

You're a moron.

I could drag up any number of articles to support my argument, however your naivety is staggering I think you’d struggle to understand them.

I think you must have had you’re head up your arse when project big picture broke, or the mountain of evidence to show top clubs lobbied against takeover was in the press.

Why do you think an anti competition QC has been taken on.

You’re a clown.

IMTTS shouldnt be banned either. Just because he's saying what people dont want to hear. Whether he's correct or not.

There's another thread on here called 'Positive Optimism' btw.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104159.msg7192461#msg7192461

He can offer his opinion without slating everyone surely? He can engage in healthy conversation?

His contributions are that of "I'm right, every other fucker is taking the piss out of you", whilst offering nothing to backup his claims.

In fact, he doesn't evennhave to backup his claims, just holding a discussion would be a start.

This goes back to my post a few pages ago, there is two sets of fans in here arguing with such authority that their opinion is right. None of it is based on facts, ever.

Come on goofballs, chill a bit.

We all want it to go through, everybody on here is guessing. Rightly, wrongly, mentally....just don't turn on each other, we all want the same thing.

Agree to disagree, move on and just hope there's a shining light soon.

IMTTS shouldnt be banned either. Just because he's saying what people dont want to hear. Whether he's correct or not.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104159.msg7192461#msg7192461

No but he'll be sitting there like that meme from South Park with the guy sat at his PC covered in spunk.

He's a classic internet troll (who I thought were generally regarded as pretty low on the social scale) who gets off on winding people up and he'll be sitting there loving that he's dropped his anti-takeover hand-grenade and watched everyone else start bickering. It's their MO and is as pathetic as any pro-takeover stance that you may dislike.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9153099/amp/AHEAD-GAME-Big-Sams-Albion-contract-land-10-million.html

Saudi boost to Newcastle bid

Broadcaster beIN Sports have held positive talks with the Saudi Arabian government about lifting their ban on broadcasting there — which could help revive the Public Investment Fund's proposed takeover of Newcastle that was blocked by the Premier League last summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Premier League is beIN Sports' biggest offering and they extended their contract for the Middle East and North Africa region in a £367m deal last month, despite currently having their signalled blocked in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi's decision to end their three-year blockade of Qatar earlier this month has led to progress in the long-running TV dispute, however, and a return to legal broadcasting would remove a key part of the Premier League's opposition to the Newcastle bid.

The dots are joining.....

Why are the dots joining? That presumes the PL blocked the takeover for piracy when most people think it was because they weren't prepared to submit various people involved in PIF including the only one that matters to the OD test.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9153099/amp/AHEAD-GAME-Big-Sams-Albion-contract-land-10-million.html

Broadcaster beIN Sports have held positive talks with the Saudi Arabian government about lifting their ban on broadcasting there — which could help revive the Public Investment Fund's proposed takeover of Newcastle that was blocked by the Premier League last summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Premier League is beIN Sports' biggest offering and they extended their contract for the Middle East and North Africa region in a £367m deal last month, despite currently having their signalled blocked in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi's decision to end their three-year blockade of Qatar earlier this month has led to progress in the long-running TV dispute, however, and a return to legal broadcasting would remove a key part of the Premier League's opposition to the Newcastle bid.

Why are the dots joining? That presumes the PL blocked the takeover for piracy when most people think it was because they weren't prepared to submit various people involved in PIF including the only one that matters to the OD test.

They wanted people in government to be named as directors, then they could directly link the consortium to piracy. That was the PL's aim.

It might be just me but my view is that you can report, speculate and project as much positivity as you want but ultimately I've been hooked in far too many times by legitimate sources to fall for it again.

Unless I see an official statement saying the club has changed hands, I will retain my right to call bullshit on any positive ITK or journalist with the"inside track" because we have heard it all before.

If the takeover goes through, we can always look back and say "this person got it right".

You're a moron.

I mean, there are a couple of examples of corruption in football, not least around one of the parties involved here :lol:

ADVERTISEMENT

The top 6 have hidden behind piracy as excuse to block this takeover, however we know they simply don’t want their gravy train gate crashed.

Once Qatar drop their claims against Saudi for piracy, the PL will have no reason and very little to fall back on in regards to that as a reason.

The shadow director issue is simply a delaying tactic by the PL to derail the deal, and once Bein is restored in Saudi another obstruction will be gone.

The so called big 6 will then have nothing to fall back on to block this takeover, De Marco and Shaheed Fatima will detangle PIF/Govt link, and this will be settled either before or during arbitration.

All my opinion, but that’s how it will play out.

He was previously banned on a different account

Yeah but it wasn't particularly warranted. He (or she) is no worse than many on here, just a bit more smug about it.

Unless I missed a meltdown of course  :lol:

Being a blind faith believer is all that some of us have left. The scepticism of others is completely understandable and valid though as long as those people don't snigger at the optimists. Having said that, I want to see something concrete develop over the next few weeks as this smoke and mirrors stuff is just tedious now. If we are still going off rumour and hearsay by early February then I might have to join the cynics gang.

Takeover still on track,things going on behind the scenes ,keep the faith.

Can confirm positive talks have taken place,watch this space

He won,t get away with it,our day is coming

Respect to Mimms, we should be positive things are happening in the background just let it play out,I,m confident we are finally going to get positive news soon,just chill lads we,ll get our club back.

Things are progressing nicely,keep the faith

For months now Ando has been getting people excited with talk of things being just round the corner. If fuck all happens in January, will his inevitable February one-liners still promote optimism?

Why do you care so much? Seriously, why? We’re just a bunch of idiot Newcastle fans on the internet, what’s it to you what we think?

Takeover still on track,things going on behind the scenes ,keep the faith.

Can confirm positive talks have taken place,watch this space

He won,t get away with it,our day is coming

Respect to Mimms, we should be positive things are happening in the background just let it play out,I,m confident we are finally going to get positive news soon,just chill lads we,ll get our club back.

Things are progressing nicely,keep the faith

For months now Ando has been getting people excited with talk of things being just round the corner. If fuck all happens in January, will his inevitable February one-liners still promote optimism?

Fuck off mate.

You clearly don’t want this takeover to happen, nor do you want others to believe and/or take pleasure in belittling those who do.

Ask your employers to send you back to London where you can cover the Glory of Leyton Orient and tell your fellow fans what they should and shouldn’t expect.

Everyone is sick of your shit. If you don’t believe it will happen then stay off this thread.

I don't usually have a problem with your posts but you really shouldn't tell people to keep out of the thread unless they believe that the takeover is going to happen. That's some kind of fascist take on the freedom of expression. I don't believe the PIF takeover is going to happen, they publicly announced they were withdrawing their bid and have said nothing since.