Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just to be clear when this takeovers announced I’m going to have a f***ing field day in here. You can stick you’re 48 hr ban, I’m predicting a lifetime ban for myself.  :lol:

A f***ing field day of celebrating whilst others are doing the same? Woo. Radical.

Do you seriously think there's any member on here that does not want to be taken over?

Just because we're not all fully fledged members of that Keith Daftcunt Brigade doesn't mean we want it any less.

That daft c*** is doing a lot more than yourself. You just sit back and let it play out, we’ll ignore the fact he is in contact with vital players in this process.

Why do you continually argue with people who want the same thing as you?  :lol:

You need to take a break my man.

You speak on Keith's name, Keith gon' clap back.

Just to be clear when this takeovers announced I’m going to have a f***ing field day in here. You can stick you’re 48 hr ban, I’m predicting a lifetime ban for myself.  :lol:

A f***ing field day of celebrating whilst others are doing the same? Woo. Radical.

Do you seriously think there's any member on here that does not want to be taken over?

Just because we're not all fully fledged members of that Keith Daftcunt Brigade doesn't mean we want it any less.

That daft c*** is doing a lot more than yourself. You just sit back and let it play out, we’ll ignore the fact he is in contact with vital players in this process.

You speak on Keith's name, Keith gon' clap back.

:lol:

It just needs to play out, minus the cheerleading from people like the NCSL knobhead, imho.

Bit harsh Minhosa[/member] he’s took a year off work and sunk a lot of his own personal money into what seems to be part of a clever strategy in forcing the pace of pre arbitration negotiations and arbitration itself, as the EPL have to answer his claims and likely to lose costing them a lot of money therefore making them more keen along with BeIn who are equally as guilty of anti competition involvement of sorting before answering the charge. They’ve made it clear they can only answer it once arbitration is completed so it must take place unless sorted before arbitration.  Certainly amounts to more than cheerleading.

Am I right in thinking he must be the owner of Keith Pattinson estate agents?

Well, I'm not going out of my way to sensationalise nor give anyone false hope, so there is that.

You'd have maintained far more credibility if you didn't engage because, every time you do, a little bit of belief you know what you're doing disappears forever.

Your patter on here is also relentlessly boring. If you've got positive ITK then share it, if you're just a signed up member to shout 'soon' then know that it's reassuring no fucker.

No break needed my man.

I’ve disagreed with a point of view, this place would be boring if we all agreed.

It just needs to play out, minus the cheerleading from people like the NCSL knobhead, imho.

Bit harsh Minhosa[/member] he’s took a year off work and sunk a lot of his own personal money into what seems to be part of a clever strategy in forcing the pace of pre arbitration negotiations and arbitration itself, as the EPL have to answer his claims and likely to lose costing them a lot of money therefore making them more keen along with BeIn who are equally as guilty of anti competition involvement of sorting before answering the charge. They’ve made it clear they can only answer it once arbitration is completed so it must take place unless sorted before arbitration.  Certainly amounts to more than cheerleading.

Am I right in thinking he must be the owner of Keith Pattinson estate agents?

IF this happens, it's not because a couple of blokes have chucked £50k at it and made a song and dance. As much as Whitley would like to believe that to be the case.

Well, I'm not going out of my way to sensationalise nor give anyone false hope, so there is that.

You'd have maintained far more credibility if you didn't engage because, every time you do, a little bit of belief you know what you're doing disappears forever.

Your patter on here is also relentlessly boring. If you've got positive ITK then share it, if you're just a signed up member to shout 'soon' then know that it's reassuring no f***er.

I’m not here to reassure you pal and this false hope line is embarrassing.

If you want to insult someone proactively assisting this takeover then crack on.

But you’re own contribution is zero.

Your patter on here is also relentlessly boring. If you've got positive ITK then share it, if you're just a signed up member to shout 'soon' then know that it's reassuring no fucker.

Always enjoy reading Whitley Mag, Rocky, Scotty66, reefatoon and others who try and look forward to the good times ahead with their lively posts. Honest debate is what this forum is all about.The many positive rants will always bring out the opposite feelings in others. I doubt many, if any, don't want this takeover to happen, its just that having seen so many disasterous attempts previously, people naturally feel this is going to be yet another one. I for one, though, enjoy the positive vibes of the many posters who, may not offer any itk info but through the many tweets, articles, hearsay etc try to make our day that much more cheerful. Yes, members have just as much right to disagree/disregard these posts and this is what makes the forum so interesting...lively debate. What I can't stand are the posters who deliberately wind up people just to get a reaction...fortunately these are few and far between. Let's continue with the heated dialogue, keep it civilised, whichever point of view you follow and lets hope it all ends up positively...oh and f*** off Bruce.

How does it work with the PL selling the licence to broadcast their games in KSA to another country? That always seemed a bit odd to me.

Yes they own the product - but not the national airwaves.

Just because the PL says ‘company x’ is the licencee, that puts the countries arbitrarily involved in the region under no legal obligation to allow them to do so.  (Does it?)

How does it work with the PL selling the licence to broadcast their games in KSA to another country? That always seemed a bit odd to me.

Yes they own the product - but not the national airwaves.

Just because the PL says ‘company x’ is the licencee, that puts the countries arbitrarily involved in the region under no legal obligation to allow them to do so.  (Does it?)

I've always wondered that myself.

Perhaps the rights holders negotiate some form of commission/fee based on  per country subscriptions?

If that is right about KSA still blocking BEIN, then according to Keith yesterday wasn’t that a requirement he felt had to happen for the takeover to be approved?

Pretty sure he said he was hoping on positive news on this by next week. Doesn’t look like that has happened looking at Ben Jacobs tweets.

I’ll be pleased when this arbitration is done then we can be done with it once and for all.

Always enjoy reading Whitley Mag, Rocky, Scotty66, reefatoon and others who try and look forward to the good times ahead with their lively posts. Honest debate is what this forum is all about.The many positive rants will always bring out the opposite feelings in others. I doubt many, if any, don't want this takeover to happen, its just that having seen so many disasterous attempts previously, people naturally feel this is going to be yet another one. I for one, though, enjoy the positive vibes of the many posters who, may not offer any itk info but through the many tweets, articles, hearsay etc try to make our day that much more cheerful. Yes, members have just as much right to disagree/disregard these posts and this is what makes the forum so interesting...lively debate. What I can't stand are the posters who deliberately wind up people just to get a reaction...fortunately these are few and far between. Let's continue with the heated dialogue, keep it civilised, whichever point of view you follow and lets hope it all ends up positively...oh and f*** off Bruce.

Excellent post Jinky !

If that is right about KSA still blocking BEIN, then according to Keith yesterday wasn’t that a requirement he felt had to happen for the takeover to be approved?

Pretty sure he said he was hoping on positive news on this by next week. Doesn’t look like that has happened looking at Ben Jacobs tweets.

I’ll be pleased when this arbitration is done then we can be done with it once and for all.

It would have made things a lot "smoother" but it's not dead.

It could be that now KSA have the ball well and truly in their court and are saying - get the takeover done, and then we'll allow Bein to broadcast.

That's just pure speculation atm but it's a theory that Jacobs has and imo would be a perfect move. If that is the case we can expect Bein to want this moved along quickly.

If not then there basically paying the PL to broadcast in KSA, and not actually doing it...

It could be that now KSA have the ball well and truly in their court and are saying - get the takeover done, and then we'll allow Bein to broadcast.

That's just pure speculation atm but it's a theory that Jacobs has and imo would be a perfect move. If that is the case we can expect Bein to want this moved along quickly.

If not then there basically paying the PL to broadcast in KSA, and not actually doing it...

Ok, I just got the impression last night that Keith thought it had to happen for the takeover to go ahead. Nothing is going to be concluded until this arbitration is done either way, which hopefully will be by February/March.

But wouldn’t this stance prove the PL’s case that PIF have government involvement?

The Saudi’s can’t say the government would have no control over the club in one breath and then claim allowing the takeover will support a government decision to allow the broadcast of a banned provider.

How would anyone in PIF influence governmental decisions if they aren’t linked? And vice versa.

Ok, I just got the impression last night that Keith thought it had to happen for the takeover to go ahead. Nothing is going to be concluded until this arbitration is done either way, which hopefully will be by February/March.

AFAIR the idea was that BeIN being unblocked could end up making arbitration unnecessary.  Wouldn't necessarily be required to make the deal possible as a arbitration panel could decide that PIF are separate legally to the state rendering that a none issue.  The panel don't have to take BeIN's opinions/pressure into account after all, they aren't the PL.

If the consortium maintain they have done nothing wrong then it’s not getting settled without the arbitration and by then we won’t be a premier league team.

We will JUST if it is completed by March. However, the question has to be asked if PIF will then wait until the end of the season, to make sure they are taking over a Premier League team if arbitration does bear fruition. Ashley playing stupid games as it's going to be at least 5 weeks (probably more) before we get a decision  - quite a few games to be played during that time period.

AFAIR the idea was that BeIN being unblocked could end up making arbitration unnecessary.  Wouldn't necessarily be required to make the deal possible as a arbitration panel could decide that PIF are separate legally to the state rendering that a none issue.  The panel don't have to take BeIN's opinions/pressure into account after all, they aren't the PL.

I may have to watch part of it again, but, the impression I got on first watch is he thought the feed had to be turned on again for the takeover to ultimately go ahead. I agree he said that turning it back on may result it agreement before arbitration.  Doesn't look like the feed is coming back any day son anyway, so we have to wait for the arbitration to play it's course.

But wouldn’t this stance prove the PL’s case that PIF have government involvement?

The Saudi’s can’t say the government would have no control over the club in one breath and then claim allowing the takeover will support a government decision to allow the broadcast of a banned provider.

How would anyone in PIF influence governmental decisions if they aren’t linked? And vice versa.

It's s a good question, however we know that the media minister is also on the PIF board, this has seemed to not be a problem and could explain the offer to get the deal done and then allow broadcasting.

I think the PL's main concern was who was responsible for the piracy, if they blame the government then they also blame PIF, but why if PIF are seperate? This is why needs to be proved, just because a government minister is on the board doesn't necessarily mean he's involved. (Presumably this is what Shaheed fatima has been hired for)

Also Bein opposed the takeover publicly, I doubt the government were happy about this so then have every right to demand that it gets rectified before they then allow the broadcasting.

Im absolutely no expert in this and I may be speaking complete bs, it's just the way I'm seeing things at the minute. One thing I do know is it's very very complicated, but it's still not dead.