Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I agree with him that nothing is probably "imminent", but Luke would have you believe that there is zero possibility of the takeover happening in the coming weeks and months which is clearly not true. Things have changed and have changed in our favour (Bein for example).

This is the same Luke Edwards who has been embarrassing himself in recent weeks, but especially recent days, Tweeting utter nonsense about Steve Bruce. He is also a constant troll to Newcastle fans and opening admits to it. While I'm not sure on how reliable every Newcastle Consortium Supporters Tweet is, I know for a fact nothing Edwards says is worth listening to.

Luke is a troll, but he was the first to report the Willock deal and first to confirm Choudry wasn't coming so regardless of the fact  he is a wind up merchant of the highest order it is clear not everything he says is nonsense.

I do agree though that he comes across as having the viewpoint the takeover has no chance when I don't see how that can be the case give arbitration etc.

Means nowt. He's on good terms with Bruce so he could get stuff like that off him no problem. Off field matters such as the takeover are different altogether.

Off field matters are different, but again, he was first to confirm issues with the deal in the summer and the first to confirm it had fallen through so unfortunately on two bits of really s*** news he was right.

We can't just discredit his sources because he's a dick.

Anyway, back to the confirmation we have have about Keith being "in direct contact" with those involved in the bid...

He's probably the only reporter up here still on good terms with Bruce so for transfers and team news he could well have a direct source there. Considering he's been against Staveley and her Consortium from the start I very much doubt they are giving him any inside info.

I don't think he's against them, I just think he took their confidence with a pinch of salt which is what Caulkin etc are now doing. If you look at the piece Caulkin did in the athletic recently, he even said the buyers confidence means nothing anymore as it has proven to be misplaced.

Luke may not have sources with the buyer, he could have sources with the seller or PL. I just think he obviously has a contact somewhere within the deal as he was first to confirm it had collapsed.

I know he's not popular on here and I know he revels in playing the villain. But looking at it objectively, he can't be discredited (Mauriss aside) just because we don't like him when he is proven to have accurately reported on the Saudi takeover at various stages.

Keith on the other hand, was telling Kennedy and anyone that would listen that his case would be done and dusted within the courts with 5 months. We're now well past that deadline and he hasn't even followed up his LBA.

I know he's a fan and on the one hand I admire his perseverance, but on the other hand, I don't understand why he doesn't get questioned on things he said would happen but didn't?

Regarding your earlier comment that Keith's case has nothing to do with the club's case, I'm not sure how true that is. I won't pretend to be well versed on legal matters but it makes sense to me that two parties bringing legal cases against the PL over broadly the same issue would be in contact with each other. If Keith is to be believed, they're trying to get the deal done without arbiration, and if that doesn't happen he'll be pressing on with his case. Reading between the lines there, the implication seems to be that De Marco is orchestrating things and has asked Keith to hang fire for now. None of that seems unfeasible to me. 

I agree with your stance on Caulkin though. I don't see how he "got it wrong last time" either. He relayed the confidence coming from the buyers said and then it didn't happen.

Yeah that is a fair enough position to take. Like you say, none of us know where the legal case stands, how strong it is, when it'll be heard etc so everything is up for debate.

Keith isn't doing himself any favours today mind and my main grip is him and Liam Kennedy clearly jumped the gun with their "PL will be forced to open their books and if they don't it'll be sorted in court within 5 months" headlines they were shouting from the rooftops when NCSL first came on the scene. It is now clear that was never going to be the case.

Like everyone, I'm desperate for the takeover to happen but I'm just trying to be pragmatic. I won't discredit Luke Edwards information just because it's bad news or I don't like him. Equally, it is clear that with arbitration and the Saudi/Qatar peace deal that there is a chance it could happen.

For me, the most frustrating thing is we could be here in April/May and still be in the dark with everything.

I'm not having a pop at the bloke, after all he's put his own time/money in to this but what actual effect has he had?

All we know is that he has a legal case against the PL lined up after the arbitration (if it fails). There is no public proof of this, so it's either you believe him or you don't.

The buyers were apparently given reassurance by the PL that there were no red flags. And reporting that the takeover being fairly close follows on from that.

Just because it didn't go through doesn't mean that the above wasn't true at the time it was reported. Genuinely astounded people still have to defend Caulkin. Do people think he could go to Masters and have it in writing that the takeover was going to sail through so that he could check his source?  :lol:

The buyers were apparently given reassurance by the PL that there were no red flags. And reporting that the takeover being fairly close follows on from that.

Just because it didn't go through doesn't mean that the above wasn't true at the time it was reported. Genuinely astounded people still have to defend Caulkin. Do people think he could go to Masters and have it in writing that the takeover was going to sail through so that he could check his source?  :lol:

Yeah I’m sure the way it was reported was PL said there shouldn’t be a problem then on a certain date they completely changed their stance. Apparently it was after Hoffman came in it all changed.

Caulkin was never reporting wrong information. Things just changed

I'm not having a pop at the bloke, after all he's put his own time/money in to this but what actual effect has he had?

All we know is that he has a legal case against the PL lined up after the arbitration (if it fails). There is no public proof of this, so it's either you believe him or you don't.

I’ll always say fair play for being active and putting quite a lot of his own money in but for me his credibility has completely gone today. (According to a post on here, I didn’t watch it) Just last week he said on wraiths podcast that he thinks it’ll be done by March then today he tweets that he’s “not sure who’s making these ‘reports’ (that it will be done by March) it was literally you mate ffs

Also arguing with journalists about wether he is in touch with one of the buyers is an awful look. He needs to give twitter a by like

Yeah I agree his rants on twitter and his sarcastic tone doesn't come across well, even if he is doing good work for the takeover.

It seems anyone who has a different point of view or different take on the things than him, get immediately shot down, followed by a load of laughing faces and zebras  :lol:

From seeing him on the podcast I think he's a decent bloke with good intentions. It's just his social media presence that is poor. Like I've said before though, I genuinely think it's because it's all new to him and its like he's 10 years behind when it comes to knowing how to deal with it.

Regarding Keith's recent tweets, the only explanation I can think of here is that Keith has been told by Amanda or some one that side that they've completely cut ties with journalists so that nothing gets out this time round. This also fits in with Caulkin's own admission that he hasn't had as much contact with Amanda this time round. Thus Keith sees Caulkin's claims that he's spoken to the buyers as an insult to Amanda.

"Then why is Keith leaking stuff?" I hear you say. Well, from his perspective, he'll be thinking, "I talk to the buyers. I know what I can and can't say." He might not be wrong.

You can specualte on the details but I reckon that's broadly what we're looking at here.

Also remember Edwards previously said Mike Ashley is done with the deal and has given up.

Absolute shit because as we know he got a legal team involved and started a case against the PL almost straight away.

Edwards is an enemy of this club. He spends most of his time trolling the fans and his desperation for this takeover to fall through is there for all to see. I don't know if he has any inside info or if Keith doesn't know as much as he lets on but I'll always side with the person who is with me, not against me. Whatever the outcome, it won't be because of anything Luke Edwards or Keith has done.

Keith is letting himself down on Twitter, like. Really appreciate the efforts and money that he’s put in, and got no problem with him putting updates out on Twitter but when he’s getting into petty arguments and then going on Wraith’s show and they’re all putting a sob story on for half an hour about trolls and social media it is boring and pathetic.

He seems like a bloke that has so much passion for the club and I hope that in 2-3 months time he is known for being one of the key people involved in getting us the dream takeover.

Also remember Edwards previously said Mike Ashley is done with the deal and has given up.

Absolute s*** because as we know he got a legal team involved and started a case against the PL almost straight away.

Edwards is an enemy of this club. He spends most of his time trolling the fans and his desperation for this takeover to fall through is there for all to see. I don't know if he has any inside info or if Keith doesn't know as much as he lets on but I'll always side with the person who is with me, not against me. Whatever the outcome, it won't be because of anything Luke Edwards or Keith has done.

If we get beat today I bet he will be straight on Twitter saying “I suppose that’s down to Jones also”. At the end of the day it all boils down to what happens with the arbitration, anyone who says it won’t happen or will happen are purely guessing, as nobody can say with any degree of certainty how that will play out. One it has I’ve no doubt all the facts will start to emerge. We just have to wait unfortunately.

I admire what Keith is doing from a legal point of view but I'm just going to ignore most of the arguing he does on twitter.

He keeps saying that he is only going to post updates, yet within a few days he’s back on arguing and accusing again. He really needs to step away and just provide updates only.

How are these leveraged buyouts legal?  I really don't get it.  It seems you don't actually need to have any money at all to buy a company, you just promise that the company you're buying will take out a loan after you've taken control.

Regarding Keith's recent tweets, the only explanation I can think of here is that Keith has been told by Amanda or some one that side that they've completely cut ties with journalists so that nothing gets out this time round. This also fits in with Caulkin's own admission that he hasn't had as much contact with Amanda this time round. Thus Keith sees Caulkin's claims that he's spoken to the buyers as an insult to Amanda.

"Then why is Keith leaking stuff?" I hear you say. Well, from his perspective, he'll be thinking, "I talk to the buyers. I know what I can and can't say." He might not be wrong.

You can specualte on the details but I reckon that's broadly what we're looking at here.

I personally think you're holding Keith and his "status" with the buyers in far too high a regard.

I admire what Keith is doing from a legal point of view but I'm just going to ignore most of the arguing he does on twitter.

He keeps saying that he is only going to post updates, yet within a few days he’s back on arguing and accusing again. He really needs to step away and just provide updates only.

He doesn't have anything to give as far as updates as he knows nowt, and of course he can't resist going on Twitter and biting at fans behind an 'official organisation' moniker because he's an absolute amateur.

Ive been over this time and time again, one of the arguments that the PL are making against the NCSL legal action is that it is a route only available to product customers and that NCSL is clearly a couple of individuals with private interests.

NCSL therefore need to demonstrate that they are a fan (customer) ahead of private interests.

So all this Twitter behaviour, appearing on podcasts with Steve Wraith etc is all part of the long game. They aren’t this unprofessional really.

He doesn't have anything to give as far as updates as he knows nowt, and of course he can't resist going on Twitter and biting at fans behind an 'official organisation' moniker because he's an absolute amateur.

He may do as we don’t know what info he has and who he actually in contact with, but, we will find out for sure once the arbitration has concluded. As I said earlier nobody really knows what is happening apart from a very select view. No doubt it will come all out in the wash when after the arbitration case.

Waiting for whitley mag (Keith) to come on and start weirdly defending himself while telling others that at least Keith (himself) is doing something about the takeover.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny because it's true.

Beat me to posting this, @Sho'Time :lol:

The “ive done more than you” brigade sound a lot like the “I’m more of a fan of the club because I’m from here” gang