Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Going of that Matt slaters tweets filling the article he has published, we are absolutely in the same position we where when the buyers pulled out months ago, going around in circles he describes it, and absolutely no end in sight.

I thought the going round in circles comment was in reply to someone's asking about the Derby situation?

Going of that Matt slaters tweets filling the article he has published, we are absolutely in the same position we where when the buyers pulled out months ago, going around in circles he describes it, and absolutely no end in sight.

He was talking to a derby fan.

True, no way to tell that was about Derby like.

Read all the comments in reply to his tweet, he’s not exactly positive about our takeover in his other tweets.

Neither am i mate, I've lost all hope with it to be honest.

Read all the comments in reply to his tweet, he’s not exactly positive about our takeover in his other tweets.

Same.

Same, I don’t see anyways it happens tbh.

I know Ashley's an idiot, but even he must realise that with Bruce in charge, his £320 million business is looking very fragile...this is one reason why I'm still confident that a takeover will happen.He's not wasting any money sacking Bruce as he believes the takeover is going to happen and the problem then moves across to new owners to solve. If it's going to take a bit longer than February/early March, then see Ashley putting Graeme Jones in charge...A cheap way of keeping PL survival, in his opinion.

I know Ashley's an idiot, but even he must realise that with Bruce in charge, his £320 million business is looking very fragile...this is one reason why I'm still confident that a takeover will happen.He's not wasting any money sacking Bruce as he believes the takeover is going to happen and the problem then moves across to new owners to solve. If it's going to take a bit longer than February/early March, then see Ashley putting Graeme Jones in charge...A cheap way of keeping PL survival, in his opinion.

That would be a valid point if we didn’t know Ashley and his history of not caring at all about the club and always gambling we will have enough. I don’t think him not sacking Bruce has anything to do with a takeover being close, more that he is willing to risk it again because we aren’t in the bottom 3 yet so he doesn’t see us in major trouble and as a result saving himself money.

basically I can't be arsed keeping up.  I'll wait for a club announcement on the outcome of arbitration.  Anything else is guesswork and conjecture by people try to getting clicks or whatever and its just so mind numbingly frustrating. At least we have good football to take our minds off it............

Jacobs completely contradicting Kennedy then, stating arbitration has started.

Don’t think it’s that simple. I think Jacobs is meaning all the prep and choosing of the panel is part of arbitration where as I think Kennedy is meaning the actual hearing

So In a sense they are both right

That would be a valid point if we didn’t know Ashley and his history of not caring at all about the club and always gambling we will have enough. I don’t think him not sacking Bruce has anything to do with a takeover being close, more that he is willing to risk it again because we aren’t in the bottom 3 yet so he doesn’t see us in major trouble and as a result saving himself money.

That is very much Ashley’s way. I just think this time, he is a willing seller, and believes he and his Lawyers will win the argument with the PL. I remain positive but may have to review my optimism if nothing happens by early March and Bruce is still here.

Ashley doesn’t sack managers unless he has to. He’s sacked 3 managers one because he wanted his own man, one because behind the scenes/dressing room issues and mcclaren because we were deep in the shit

Jacobs completely contradicting Kennedy then, stating arbitration has started.

Don’t think it’s that simple. I think Jacobs is meaning all the prep and choosing of the panel is part of arbitration where as I think Kennedy is meaning the actual hearing

So In a sense they are both right

Possibly. But why not just say that?

Kennedy leaves everything far too open for interpretation, whereas Jacobs is always very clear and to the point.

basically I can't be arsed keeping up.  I'll wait for a club announcement on the outcome of arbitration.  Anything else is guesswork and conjecture by people try to getting clicks or whatever and its just so mind numbingly frustrating. At least we have good football to take our minds off it............

Which is the right answer, no point getting worked up either way  until that process has been completed.