Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

And however shitty and sanctimonious the PL have been, they WERE going to approve it. Had approved it even, I believe.  That’s what I was trying to tell Twitter last night. But as soon as the exclusivity ran out, MA saw the opportunity to pocket the 17 million and an extra 50 million from the American.

Curious that Staveley, while crying on the phone to journalists this afternoon, hadn't mentioned an incredibly significant and relevant detail like this. Completely contradicted it, in fact.

Fucking hell lads, I know Golfmag knew about Pardew's appointment a decade ago, but it's time to let go of the idea he's got a scooby. Please, just use your heads  :(

So Ashley has gone and agreed £350m with the unknown Americans then? Or is he looking for £350m now?

Clutching at a massive pile of straws but could them pulling out be trying to force Ashley to accept the initial bid?

You would like to think so but surely very unlikely they'll want to deal with him again after he's pocketed 17m of their money and absolutely took the piss :lol:

So, does the O&D test now come to an automatic end? Unless Ashley has already agreed a sale elsewhere he can’t possibly be so stupid to try and renegotiate terms with the Saudis?

The fans have been done over but I’m not entirely sure by who.

So either:

(a) PL gave their approval but Ashley agreed a higher price with Mauriss, which PIF wouldn't match

(b) PL didn't give their approval but it was because of Saudi involvement, rather than piracy.

Is that right?

So the blame is with both Premier League and Ashley.

Premier League asked way too many questions. The last one about Saudi involvement was one too far. This went on long enough for exclusivity to end, giving that snake Ashley a chance to get a bigger bid.

Enraged by the relentless questioning and Ashley moving the goalposts, PIF/Staveley/Reubens walked away.

Just have to pray there's another twist to this, or it's a chess move. But probably not.

Just can't get my head around him shooting for more money after dropping the price when covid hit :lol:

Because the American bid 350m which he accepted.

The problem is now if the American pull the plug Ashley will have nothing but shit.

So Ashley has gone and agreed £350m with the unknown Americans then? Or is he looking for £350m now?

Clutching at a massive pile of straws but could them pulling out be trying to force Ashley to accept the initial bid?

You would like to think so but surely very unlikely they'll want to deal with him again after he's pocketed 17m of their money and absolutely took the piss :lol:

Yea what a cunt that bloke is.

Yep, bang on that was what happened.

Time ended the exclusivity. The deal was essentially off between Mike and the consortium. The league also was still no closer to approving. PIF said fuck this, we're tired of having to sit back and take this shit from the PL and its allies (Qatar, other top PL clubs) and the seller is trying to rake us over fire.

I'm no lawyer, but surely to fuck the contract would state exclusivity to last "the length of time of external checks". It's not rocket science surely?

Something else happened.

Out from Caulkin yet?

He's been shown to know very little about the whole episode tbh.

No he's been shown to have a line into the buyers, who are sticking to their guns about what happened.

Given Ashley is involved and the PL have taken the amount of time they have I know who I believe personally regardless of all this made up bollocks about Staveley being a chancer or whatever.

We have years of evidence of what Ashley is like.

I think them 'pulling out' is face saving exercise.  Think they either knew were going to be knocked back or weren't willing to jump through some of the hoops, this way they're leaving 'on their own terms'.  Just don't think there's any way it's down to the length of time the PL took, why wait until the seasons over then decide it's took took long when for all they knew it could have been approved tomorrow.

Just can't get my head around him shooting for more money after dropping the price when covid hit :lol:

Because the American bid 350m which he accepted.

The problem is now if the American pull the plug Ashley will have nothing but s***.

We're just accepting "the American" is real and has no issue with chucking 50m more than an existing deal that was agreed?

If they're that cash rich could be good times ahead :lol:

I wonder if the premier league were asking about MBS and his potentially role and the PIF were replying with answers stating this is a very small fraction of our portfolio which will be handled by Al Rumayan.

PIF feel the questions is answered but the PL feel the answer isn’t satisfactory.

Hes a two bit chancer cunt who gambles,  he has other offers and tried it on with the Saudis for more cash and fucked the deal up.