Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It’s a dead duck. Only the poor fans now desperately trying to keep this alive. It will eventually, quietly fade away.

I know you're wrong.

Because someone told Caulkin, who told someone your missus works with, who told you?

Hearing things first hand from No Red Flags George has proved to be absolutely worthless, so not sure 3rd/4th/5th-hand info is grounds to be confident.

I'm that confident that it'll go through, I bet your account on it.

IP ban for the loser? The Staveley/Reubens/PIF consortium acquire control of NUFC by, what, 30/09/2020? And Penn's reign of terror comes to a swift end. Or they don't and ITK Rocker is banished forever?

NO account on a pole match

It’s a dead duck. Only the poor fans now desperately trying to keep this alive. It will eventually, quietly fade away.

I know you're wrong.

Because someone told Caulkin, who told someone your missus works with, who told you?

Hearing things first hand from No Red Flags George has proved to be absolutely worthless, so not sure 3rd/4th/5th-hand info is grounds to be confident.

I'm that confident that it'll go through, I'll bet your account on it.

Out of interest, what makes you so confident? Genuine question. Have you heard something more substantial than your most recent update?

I know you're wrong.

IP ban for the loser? The Staveley/Reubens/PIF consortium acquire control of NUFC by, what, 30/09/2020? And Penn's reign of terror comes to a swift end. Or they don't and ITK Rocker is banished forever?

Reign of terror :lol:

Luke, you think far too highly of yourself (obvious from your twitter feed).

Any news on Mauriss?

I know you're wrong.

NO account on a pole match

FUCK YES!!!

I know you're wrong.

I'm that confident that it'll go through, I'll bet your account on it.

Honestly don't think this sort of thing helps anyone whether you're for or against the deal. If there's a reliable source name it. If not say nothing as it effectively plays on peoples hopes at a time when absolutely no fan that's been invested of this deserves to be messed around.

so, the chronicle, is the deal dead or not because you seem to have two stories on the same day suggesting that it both is and isn't

I'd love to know the total number of days the Chronicle has had "NUFC Takeover latest" as a title...by conservative estimates it has to be more than 365 days out of the last 3 years  :lol:

It's not gonna be about making money for them like. It's about getting the Saudi brand out there

This...it's the intangibles they'd get back through better reputation and perception. Qatar did the same with PSG. Really  doubt Qatar have made any money directly, from them, but they've got a hell of a lot more companies looking to invest with them now than they did when they were just sitting in the desert digging up oil

Better idea, we ban Penn anyway and club together to buy Rocker a nice big sandwich.

I'm in.

Thing is, there's certain statements in some of Penn's posts which in isolation I think 'yeah, reasonable enough'. But fucking hell if he isn't an arrogant ballbag about it all.

Better idea, we ban Penn anyway and club together to buy Rocker a nice big sandwich.

I'm in.

Thing is, there's certain statements in some of Penn's posts which in isolation I think 'yeah, reasonable enough'. But fucking hell if he isn't an arrogant ballbag about it all.

It really is Edwards, isn’t it?  :lol:

What a sad act.

I'm in.

Wonder why people think he's Luke :lol:

It's not gonna be about making money for them like. It's about getting the Saudi brand out there

Yup, Just look at the Armaco sponsorship the F1 has this season

£450 Million  :frantic: :frantic:

I have no issue with people being very cautious, and to be honest, I even understand people being somewhat defeatist. What I can't understand is the constant arrogance and piss taking towards supporters with even the tiniest slither of hope.

I'm confident because of information I've heard from someone who has direct contact with the buyers. Do I believe this more than I believe some miserable gonk from the forum? Yes, surprisingly.

I love this place and I've been here since the 04/05 season. I wouldn't lead anyone on. If the information turns out to be dud, then I've been had as well.

I'm confident because of information I've heard from someone who has direct contact with the buyers. Do I believe this more than I believe some miserable gonk from the forum? Yes, surprisingly.

:lol: beautifully put, tbh :thup:

You've made your position clear and how you've formed your opinion. It's in public domain to be tore down laughed at etc.

Sometimes other people tear anything down but don't seem to have any credible evidence to suggest otherwise, other than insults.

Put up or shut up Penn basically  :lol:

You've made your position clear and how you've formed your opinion. It's in public domain to be tore down laughed at etc.

Sometimes other people tear anything down but don't seem to have any credible evidence to suggest otherwise, other than insults.

Put up or shut up Penn basically  :lol:

This could equally apply to Caulkin though. And those who are basing their optimism on 3rd party info coming from Caulkin.