Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This thread also makes reference to potential consequences of PL losing court case.

@5yntax_Err0r

If taken to court and found guilty of breaking competition law the

@premierleague

could be fined 10% of its total income. For an organisation making billions that will be a significant number running into hundreds of millions. #nufc takeover

6:50 am · 14 Nov 2020·Twitter for Android

Retweets

Quote Tweet

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

Replying to

@5yntax_Err0r

And then you still have one of (if not the best) sports QC's waiting in the wings to challenge you on all other aspects of what has gone on.

I wouldn't like to be in Mr Hoffmans and Masters shoes at the moment.

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

They made an almighty mistake in underestimating the response from the fans, let's see if they are about to make an even bigger one.

The waiting games is over and legally you can't hide behind confidentiality.

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

You had no right to fail this takeover so your plan appears to have been to stall indefinitely and frustrate in the hope the problem would just go away...

Well, that hasn't worked, so it's approve the takeover or prepare to face the consequences.

Could be a double whammy for Liverpool and Spurs then.

Important one though for anyone who still thinks deal is dead.

Geordie_Down_Under85

@GeordieInOz85

·

19m

Correct me if I'm wrong but the PL can effectively tell them to piss off as they have no legal right to respond?

Can you see a positive outcome from this Liam and what do you think the next few weeks will bring in terms of progression if any?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@GeordieInOz85

They've been responding, of that there is no doubt. And of course they could.

At the very least this is all adding to the pressure on PL re the deal, which remains live. It could also potentially prove significant.

If the sports writer at the Shields Gazette reckons the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia is still involved, then who are we to argue? I’m sure his sources there are impeccable.

Kennedy is a know-nothing struggling journo regurgitating whatever nonsense he’s being fed by the NCS weirdos. It’s understandable because being a football writer at a tiny regional paper is a tough old gig, and this is the only thing that’s ever got him any attention or recognition or positive feedback, but please don’t take his stuff at face value.

If the sports writer at the Shields Gazette reckons the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia is still involved, then who are we to argue? I’m sure his sources there are impeccable.

Kennedy is a know-nothing struggling journo regurgitating whatever nonsense he’s being fed by the NCS weirdos. It’s understandable because being a football writer at a tiny regional paper is a tough old gig, and this is the only thing that’s ever got him any attention or recognition or positive feedback, but please don’t take his stuff at face value.

If that was the case he would have claimed to be in the know during the summer in the height of takeover talks. Sure he said a few things of note, truth or not. But he didn't talk about it so in depth to what he does now. As always time will tell but I don't think he's doing all of this just to boost his profile.

If the sports writer at the Shields Gazette Telegraph reckons Henry Mauriss is still involved, then who are we to argue? I’m sure his sources there are impeccable.

Kennedy Edwards is a know-nothing struggling journo regurgitating whatever nonsense he’s being fed by the NCS weirdos. It’s understandable because being a football writer at a tiny regional paper is a tough old gig, and this is the only thing that’s ever got him any attention or recognition or positive feedback, but please don’t take his stuff at face value.

It's actually tragic how weird you are.

Alright Penn, nice to see you've lightened up a bit.

Guest reefatoon

Remember that know-nothing struggling journo regurgitating nonsense about his kid wanting to be womanchester United, just to try and get a bit of attention and recognition. Now that was tragic.

I think its a ruse, I want to believe but there are some really strange sources

The gazette

ITK NO posters

If this was in the offing, some of the larger papers, journos would start picking this up. Kennedy, albeit I like him, seems to be out on a limb for me and the idea that he knows and is telling the world the Crown secrets seems a bit far fetched

Add to that weird QCs liking NUFC posts

Its almost gone back to Midhat times!

I think its a ruse, I want to believe but there are some really strange sources

The gazette

ITK NO posters

If this was in the offing, some of the larger papers, journos would start picking this up. Kennedy, albeit I like him, seems to be out on a limb for me and the idea that he knows and is telling the world the Crown secrets seems a bit far fetched

Add to that weird QCs liking NUFC posts

Its almost gone back to Midhat times!

Not sure that is strictly true, Mark Douglas, Caulkin and even Edwards recently stated things are going on. Though it is the Shields Gazette, I actually believe Kennedy has some good sources.

Time will tell though no one  is saying it’s def going to happen, but moves are definitely afoot.

Remember that know-nothing struggling journo regurgitating nonsense about his kid wanting to be womanchester United, just to try and get a bit of attention and recognition. Now that was tragic.

And believing that shit about Henry Mauriss

gary metcalfe

@gazm47

·

2h

@LiamJKennedy23

Can you explain to us how your appeal and the appeal of Mike Ashley are different and what is the point of having two bodies applying legal action?

Thanks

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@gazm47

It's not my action. It's NCSL. The line of attack for NCSL case is anti-competition. MA was initially restriction of trade, I believe. More actions against PL the better I say, more chance of clarity.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@BlackAliblack1

Things are likely to move on this week no doubt. Which direction, who knows?

The NCSL is just a side act to all of this to keep pressure on without the consortium being back in the mainstream media. The letter NCSL sent (with legal help) to the PL cost just shy of £50k. 2 blokes in their bedroom cant afford all this on their own, they’re being “helped” by people on the buyers side.

The guy I get my info from has got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies and knows a lot of interesting people. The confidence from my source is from the buying side, all of whom have a lot of confidence in this being passed. Much more they had in fact before the previous debacle.

The NCSL is just a side act to all of this to keep pressure on without the consortium being back in the mainstream media. The letter NCSL sent (with legal help) to the PL cost just shy of £50k. 2 blokes in their bedroom cant afford all this on their own, they’re being “helped” by people on the buyers side.

The guy I get my info from has got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies and knows a lot of interesting people. The confidence from my source is from the buying side, all of whom have a lot of confidence in this being passed. Much more they had in fact before the previous debacle.

Cheers Mimms.

One question. Kennedy and yourself have both mentioned time limits on this whole deal being key. That being the case, when (month) would you start and fear this deal might not be happening?