Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think it's pretty obvious the takeover is not dead in the water, even the journos that are desperate for it to fail admit that it's still swimming around in the background. That is also not to suggest that it's definitely going to go through either. It's frustrating, but stamping your feet and saying it's definitely over or definitely going to go through under the current evidence is baseless. All we can do is #Wait

Monday marks the 1 year anniversary of the WSJ article breaking this takeover. A year out in the public and it's still not done  :lol: Laugh or you'd cry

One year :lol:

When will it be one year since the start of the PL (2-4 week) checks?

Monday marks the 1 year anniversary of the WSJ article breaking this takeover. A year out in the public and it's still not done  :lol: Laugh or you'd cry

Was around the time of this first lockdown wasn't it. Everyone fretting about it being announced before pubs reopened. How foolish we were on both counts. :lol:

Was around the time of this first lockdown wasn't it. Everyone fretting about it being announced before pubs reopened. How foolish we were on both counts. :lol:

Oh aye, that's right. Fuck :lol:

Remember that WSJ article, saw it come up on my Twitter during the middle of a lecture, was taken aback by it even though at the time we all didn't believe it and spent the rest of the lecture lurking on here. :lol: All after the previous weekend where I suffered watching a stream of us drawing 0-0 at home to Oxford. Heady days.

Around 14th April was when stuff on CH came out and PL 'checks' where meant to be happening and take 'between 3-4 weeks'. :lol: Ended up being 4 fucking months.

Expect a middling development later

Please elaborate?

I hope that that wasn't a serious question.

I love the circle of posts which goes on in this thread.

1. Someone pretends to be ITK

2. People react with hope

3. ITK gets called out

4. ITK proved to be talking bollocks

5. Someone else pretends to be ITK

6. People react with hope

7. etc etc

That's just one page :lol:

Yep, all the people pretending to be itk, while they think they are funny, it’s just not.

Likewise, all these people who are believing them need to give their heads a shake.

Slim’s shite even made it into the Positive Optimism thread ffs :lol:

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Yep, all the people pretending to be itk, while they think they are funny, it’s just not.

Likewise, all these people who are believing them need to give their heads a shake.

Why have a go at people for wanting/hoping that some of the takeover info might just have a semblance of truth....most probably not, but many of us live in a world of hope and thrive on anything that might just cheer them up for a brief time, be it ITK/bullshit/twitter bollocks or anything else.......i put Slim’s stuff onto “positive Optimism” thread......it amused me for the rest of the evening and that’s what the thread is for.....you never know, law of averages says eventually one of these titbits may well be correct. I do agree with your first statement of people trying to wind others up with their obvious bating....i agree it’s not funny, but I’m very happy with people who put up possible takeover info, if they believe there might be some substance with the truth.....After all we all want the same result and a bit of optimism, however blind, hurts no one.

Kind of shows how poor this forum is these days compared to what it used to be like before.

There's literally fuck all to discuss when it comes to NUFC unfortunately though. Everything just comes down to Bruce is shite & Ashley is a cunt. It's not even worth discussing players or formations any more.

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Why have a go at people for wanting/hoping that some of the takeover info might just have a semblance of truth....most probably not, but many of us live in a world of hope and thrive on anything that might just cheer them up for a brief time, be it ITK/bullshit/twitter bollocks or anything else.......i put Slim’s stuff onto “positive Optimism” thread......it amused me for the rest of the evening and that’s what the thread is for.....you never know, law of averages says eventually one of these titbits may well be correct. I do agree with your first statement of people trying to wind others up with their obvious bating....i agree it’s not funny, but I’m very happy with people who put up possible takeover info, if they believe there might be some substance with the truth.....After all we all want the same result and a bit of optimism, however blind, hurts no one.

Because it gets people’s hopes up man. I’m all for it if there is a credible source but Slim et al are just on the wind up and I don’t want folk getting disappointed.

We’ve had enough of that and don’t need our own playing a part in that.

If you encourage it then you are gonna get a load of copycats and you’ll lose any real info among all the noise.

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Because it gets people’s hopes up man. I’m all for it if there is a credible source but Slim et al are just on the wind up and I don’t want folk getting disappointed.

If you encourage it then you are gonna get a load of copycats and you’ll lose any real info among all the noise.

Agree entirely but i don’t know Slim or HTT enough (even though I’ve been on this board for 10 years) to gather that they are complete windup merchants...i have always enjoyed HTT’s ramblings and didn’t realise that he is capable of outright bullshit......that’s perhaps the problem, some of us, me in particular, can’t differentiate between the wind up merchants and those who are genuinely trying to relay info......Is there a bullshit emoji to help us poor suckers😀

I’m absolutely not having a go at those who are desperate for good news and the takeover to happen. God knows, I’m one of them. Without it this club is dead.

It’s usually pretty obvious I think when someone’s on the wind up. Just look at their posting history and it tells you a lot. Otherwise, there’s people on here who will call it if it’s an obvious wind up before folk get carried away.

I got burned pretty badly myself by Odin-gate so am probably a bit more sensitive to it :lol:

I got burned pretty badly myself by Odin-gate so am probably a bit more sensitive to it :lol:

Fuck all compared to those who were prepared to sacrifice their first born for mimms!

I’m absolutely not having a go at those who are desperate for good news and the takeover to happen. God knows, I’m one of them. Without it this club is dead.

It’s usually pretty obvious I think when someone’s on the wind up. Just look at their posting history and it tells you a lot. Otherwise, there’s people on here who will call it if it’s an obvious wind up before folk get carried away.

Pretty good advice.....I’ll follow the “wind up” warning in future........

Kind of shows how poor this forum is these days compared to what it used to be like before.

There's literally fuck all to discuss when it comes to NUFC unfortunately though. Everything just comes down to Bruce is shite & Ashley is a cunt. It's not even worth discussing players or formations any more.

You're correct to some degree, but a lack of talking points shouldn't have people acting like weirdos, or even idiots in some cases. Or being relentless about convincing/telling others what to believe or not to believe. Some people post more or less exactly the same thing over and over again, as if their point wasn't made a hundred times already. Some just say it to get a reaction..

Guest Howaythetoon

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Agree entirely but i don’t know Slim or HTT enough (even though I’ve been on this board for 10 years) to gather that they are complete windup merchants...i have always enjoyed HTT’s ramblings and didn’t realise that he is capable of outright bullshit......that’s perhaps the problem, some of us, me in particular, can’t differentiate between the wind up merchants and those who are genuinely trying to relay info......Is there a bullshit emoji to help us poor suckers😀

I spout shite, but I don’t bullshit about stuff I have genuinely been told that I personally hold credence with. The 3.00pm stuff, #soon, Mexicans etc. is windup lifting patter, this stuff isn’t. I maintain I am 100% confident this deal goes through by the end of this month or February and my post about positive legal news forthcoming, all I will say is watch this space.

I’m no ITK and think the whole moniker is bollocks anyway, but it’s not out of the ordinary someone like me has a source or two in business/sport...

Glad you enjoyed my ramblings though, when this takeover happens and my interest in all things NUFC resumes, I’ll be back to my tl;dr great with tactical posts, player ratings, maybe who the fuck are... etc. Might even start my own main site back up...

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Slim’s s**** even made it into the Positive Optimism thread ffs :lol:

I spout s****, but I don’t bullshit about stuff I have genuinely been told that I personally hold credence with. The 3.00pm stuff, #soon, Mexicans etc. is windup lifting patter, this stuff isn’t. I maintain I am 100% confident this deal goes through by the end of this month or February and my post about positive legal news forthcoming, all I will say is watch this space.

I’m no ITK and think the whole moniker is bollocks anyway, but it’s not out of the ordinary someone like me has a source or two in business/sport...

Glad you enjoyed my ramblings though, when this takeover happens and my interest in all things NUFC resumes, I’ll be back to my tl;dr great with tactical posts, player ratings, maybe who the f*** are... etc. Might even start my own main site back up...

Good work HTT, you bring a bit of banter if nowt else. You're not wrong that it's not out of the ordinary for an average bod to know someone linked to the footy business, don't let em get you down.