Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

I don’t think this has anything to do with a takeover. Just another pointless shit decision from the never ending list of Ashley. Instead of getting rid of the useless fucker hurtling us towards relegation, let’s play the cheaper route and bring in another pointless coach.

Seems like a compromise to me. Buyers want a new manager but Ashley not wanting to. Either because they can't agree on the pay off to Bruce or because (as we know) Ashley wants to give him more time.

Bring in some help keeps the buyer and seller happy and improves the chance of staying in the league.

I'd be more worried of no movement at all regarding Bruce as that would suggest no input from buyers/Ashley not sweating.

This Jones fella will have absolutely no bearing on wether we stay in the league or not. He won’t pick the team or the tactics

Renrub, any news on red bird capital?

This is boring. I'm not who you think I am. Just leave it now please.

Then how would you know the reference?  O0

He's been on here long enough to know, just can't work out which former member he is. Not penn though.

Agreed this guy replies and seems to be literally trying to burn individuals

Seems like a compromise to me. Buyers want a new manager but Ashley not wanting to. Either because they can't agree on the pay off to Bruce or because (as we know) Ashley wants to give him more time.

Bring in some help keeps the buyer and seller happy and improves the chance of staying in the league.

I'd be more worried of no movement at all regarding Bruce as that would suggest no input from buyers/Ashley not sweating.

This Jones fella will have absolutely no bearing on wether we stay in the league or not. He won’t pick the team or the tactics

Exactly this. Fucking ridiculous idea from the cretins in charge to think anything otherwise

This new coach coming in puts a dampner on any takeover talk for me. You can try spin it positively as much as you want, but you'd think, even if the buyers were to compromise and let Ashley keep Bruce for a while, at least bring someone in up to the supposed standards we are aiming for under new owners. Not some assistant coach of a Championship team.

No way is this takeover anywhere near as some are hoping for. I have been on that train long enough but if this was so f***ing close, Bruce could have been sacked, new buyers could have paid him off and they'll still have some change for new players before January ends.

This just stinks of a Bruce decision that was approved by Charnley and Ashley. Haven't a f***ing clue that baconhead is driving us down the road to relegation.

This new coach coming in puts a dampner on any takeover talk for me. You can try spin it positively as much as you want, but you'd think, even if the buyers were to compromise and let Ashley keep Bruce for a while, at least bring someone in up to the supposed standards we are aiming for under new owners. Not some assistant coach of a Championship team.

No way is this takeover anywhere near as some are hoping for. I have been on that train long enough but if this was so f***ing close, Bruce could have been sacked, new buyers could have paid him off and they'll still have some change for new players before January ends.

This just stinks of a Bruce decision that was approved by Charnley and Ashley. Haven't a f***ing clue that baconhead is driving us down the road to relegation.

I honestly can’t disagree. Bit deflated by all this

At least Clarky has his new 2 year contract though. Everyone has to be happy about that right?

Agreed but conversely, anyone of any quality wouldn't want to come and join under these circumstances. If they are looking for someone to do something to help us scrape enough points to stay up, I don't think they could get anyone with any proven ability or ambition.

Agreed but conversely, anyone of any quality wouldn't want to come and join under these circumstances. If they are looking for someone to do something to help us scrape enough points to stay up, I don't think they could get anyone with any proven ability or ambition.

Aye but if there was a guarantee the takeover was 'imminent' or 'soon' or whatever you want to call it, any big name would be tempted to take the job, get a few signings in and work with players who we already have, who to be fair are not bad, but badly mismanaged by Bruce. As it is, we're plucking some Geordie from the Championship to help with an impostor of a Geordie we currently have as manager and guide us upwards, which I don't see anytime soon, much like any supposed takeover.

I don’t think bringing in a new coach means an awful lot either way for the takeover. I think he will probably be the interim manager in a few weeks or months and is more qualified than any of the Steve’s to do that. He’s a cheap way to try and get an ounce of improvement and make it look like we are doing something about being shit without having to spend millions on a new player.

After today's events, this really does not feel like a club that is getting sold within the next few months.

Agree. If PIF thought they had one foot in the door you'd have thought they'd be putting the squeeze on Ashley by now because this season is only ending one way. Bringing in Jones makes no sense at all on any level regarding a takeover happening any time soon.

Not sure a new coach says anything about the takeover.

Just have to separate the plethora of bullshit ITKs & eye-rolling 'optimism' from the legit ITKs (Ando) who say it's happening. Remember those.

He's been brought in to be a bit more than just a coach. He'll be the main man in the dugout by March I reckon.

It's business as usual, the club still has to operate, regardless of what's going on in the background.

This.

We're sinking into the Championship and something had to be done. Unfortunately for us this is the best Ashley could think of. This has no relevance to the takeover.