Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Why is it a dream that an owner might build a new stadium?  Has it never happened?

Couldn’t think of anything worse than an out of town stadium. Imagine getting off the metro at palmersville or similar and walking through an industrial estate to get to the ground man.

Why is it a dream that an owner might build a new stadium?  Has it never happened?

The cost for one. The club would have to have a sustained period of significant on the field, trophy-winning success before any owners would contemplate building a new stadium in another area of the city. The second issue is, how much of a risk it would actually be moving the stadium out of the city centre. I think people seriously underestimate how tied-in SJP attendances are to the fact that its situated where it currently is.

If we get sold, a deep pocketed and ambitious owner will figure out how best to maximize the current ground or move to one that fits their business plan.

If someone was to kill all the cows on the town moor then we would have no issue building a new ground. 

The cost for one. The club would have to have a sustained period of significant on the field, trophy-winning success before any owners would contemplate building a new stadium in another area of the city. The second issue is, how much of a risk it would actually be moving the stadium out of the city centre. I think people seriously underestimate how tied-in SJP attendances are to the fact that its situated where it currently is.

So not a dream, far from it, just your opinion.

I don't think it'll happen by the way, just don't agree with people flying in all condescending stating their opinion as unerring fact.

If I do say some stuff (s**** 3.00pm patter etc. aside)  it’s posted because I’ve been told something and share it (whether right or not/bollocks or not/on here, in private groups/PMs/with friends) with an understanding that I’M NOT being misled. I reiterate, this will happen, and very soon hopefully and good things are coming our way, as the saying goes good things come to those who wait...

I want to believe you, and I want you to be right, god knows I do, but it's very much like the boy that cried wolf. Because of the inane 3PM stuff etc, I don't give credence to anything you say.

Sorry.

That’s fine mate, I’d be the same but again, the s**** patter aside, I would never, ever, wind people up on here just for kicks intentionally. Not on matters like this. WE all want this, we all need this, as fans, as a region/city/forum etc. Even the most sceptical, the real wind up merchants, because at the end of the day this is our only club and we want the same thing, our club back, a club to be proud of we can enjoy and support win lose or draw with some fu king pride and love thrown in. I desperately want my boys to be part of what we have all been part of before Ashley, especially my youngest who i may lose to f***ing Arsenal and who has been scouted by our club 3 times in a year and truthfully right now, it’s the last place I’d want him to be at.

Fingers crossed this happens soon and I think it will, and it genuinely appears those really involved are fighting for this to paraphrase KK and I’d love it, love it, we all would.

Could this legal breakthrough be anything to do with a letter that Ashley’s legal team have got hold of that states by Dominic Rabb that the British Government see PIF and the Saudi state as separate entities and that in the meeting with the Premier League the Government said they were in favour of the Saudi takeover and investment in the North East and that they were concerned about outside intervention in the ODT process from other competitors i.e teams and broadcasters. And that Qatar actually contacted Dominic Rabb and were told politely to stay out of the process. Don’t know if it’s true but that is something I have heard.

I like the way its gone from 'there's no outside influence on the O&D test, Qatar is not influencing the process' to 'Well, Qatar are getting what they want so this might go through now'.

If I do say some stuff (s**** 3.00pm patter etc. aside)  it’s posted because I’ve been told something and share it (whether right or not/bollocks or not/on here, in private groups/PMs/with friends) with an understanding that I’M NOT being misled. I reiterate, this will happen, and very soon hopefully and good things are coming our way, as the saying goes good things come to those who wait...

I want to believe you, and I want you to be right, god knows I do, but it's very much like the boy that cried wolf. Because of the inane 3PM stuff etc, I don't give credence to anything you say.

Sorry.

That’s fine mate, I’d be the same but again, the s**** patter aside, I would never, ever, wind people up on here just for kicks intentionally. Not on matters like this. WE all want this, we all need this, as fans, as a region/city/forum etc. Even the most sceptical, the real wind up merchants, because at the end of the day this is our only club and we want the same thing, our club back, a club to be proud of we can enjoy and support win lose or draw with some fu king pride and love thrown in. I desperately want my boys to be part of what we have all been part of before Ashley, especially my youngest who i may lose to f***ing Arsenal and who has been scouted by our club 3 times in a year and truthfully right now, it’s the last place I’d want him to be at.

Fingers crossed this happens soon and I think it will, and it genuinely appears those really involved are fighting for this to paraphrase KK and I’d love it, love it, we all would.

Could this legal breakthrough be anything to do with a letter that Ashley’s legal team have got hold of that states by Dominic Rabb that the British Government see PIF and the Saudi state as separate entities and that in the meeting with the Premier League the Government said they were in favour of the Saudi takeover and investment in the North East and that they were concerned about outside intervention in the ODT process from other competitors i.e teams and broadcasters. And that Qatar actually contacted Dominic Rabb and were told politely to stay out of the process. Don’t know if it’s true but that is something I have heard.

I like the way its gone from 'there's no outside influence on the O&D test, Qatar is not influencing the process' to 'Well, Qatar are getting what they want so this might go through now'.

Devils advocate, because I firmly believe that there was outside pressure from the "big 6" and Qatar, however this could be seen as if the case is dropped and piracy is no longer an issue then there's no reason to want to know if PIF and the state are separate entities.

Renrub, any news on red bird capital?

This is boring. I'm not who you think I am. Just leave it now please.

Then how would you know the reference?  O0

He's been on here long enough to know, just can't work out which former member he is. Not penn though.

Or maybe it points to something happening.

Ashley wouldn’t ordinarily allow another coach in.

If something was happening I would hope we would be aiming a lot higher than this.

He’s worked closely with Martinez.

Also let’s not forget that behind the scenes theirs lots of coaches who don’t exactly have glamorous careers at bigger clubs.

Don't think you can make huge inferences from this regarding the takeover; it's hardly a major investment and it beats signing players. It might not be for long but Ashley is still here and Bruce will be his man for as long as he is.

Or maybe it points to something happening.

Ashley wouldn’t ordinarily allow another coach in.

If something was happening I would hope we would be aiming a lot higher than this.

If Ashley has spoken to the prospective buyers about the slump in form and the potential sacking of the manager, perhaps they’ve agreed that bringing on another coach (who is significantly cheaper than a manager) is a good compromise.

Don't think you can make huge inferences from this regarding the takeover; it's hardly a major investment and it beats signing players. It might not be for long but Ashley is still here and Bruce will be his man for as long as he is.

True, but people have been hoping that Bruce's sacking was imminent as the takeover was about to go ahead. This Bournemouth story ends that hope. Bruce will be given at least another month or two to turn this around.

True, but people have been hoping that Bruce's sacking was imminent as the takeover was about to go ahead. This Bournemouth story ends that hope. Bruce will be given at least another month or two to turn this around.

Sure, it certainly doesn't do anything to suggest that a takeover is imminent. But I doubt he'd have been jettisoned the moment the new owners came in in any case.

Makes no difference, the club is going to need some coaches on the training ground even if Bruce does get sacked.

If he is sacked the moment he comes in then this guy being here makes it more likely his mates follow him out of the door.

Seems like a compromise to me. Buyers want a new manager but Ashley not wanting to. Either because they can't agree on the pay off to Bruce or because (as we know) Ashley wants to give him more time.

Bring in some help keeps the buyer and seller happy and improves the chance of staying in the league.

I'd be more worried of no movement at all regarding Bruce as that would suggest no input from buyers/Ashley not sweating.