Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

c9e3d3a102ac41daac12474d81f3ac2a.jpg

You tell me wtf is going on like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll tell you exactly what’s going to happen, the same as went on nearly every week last year.....people flip flopping at any bit of negative news declaring it’s off, then a week later saying they’re back in again.

I’ll piss off back to the positive thread now, speak soon chaps.

c9e3d3a102ac41daac12474d81f3ac2a.jpg

You tell me wtf is going on like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Biden will only talk to the King of Saudi...that is who is mentioned above.... Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is his son and really is the ruler.He is the one who is in conflict with the PL.

For semblance of balance here is my thoughts on today’s developements.

The USA report isn’t anything we don’t already know.

The fact that PIF were given that aviation company was known years ago. They obviously don’t have any active involvement in the murder as it would be preposterous to think that the reason for travel when booked would have been declared as murder. So it’s not like PIF were knowingly and actively involved in what happened.

We already know the murder has been laid at the door of MBS, various governments and members of the press have already alluded to this. The UN has already said that MBS was to blame in their reports. On top of this the U.K. government has said that they do not have concerns over our proposed takeover, with some reports saying privately they are encouraging it.

You must remember that for cases of human rights abuse to be a reason to reject and owner/director, the U.K. government has to step in, and the government and EPL have so far said that is not happening.

You have to remember that the court case is about separating PIF directly from MBS, and this is not a matter of human rights issues, this is a matter of piracy issues. As pointed out above, nothing we learnt today is any different to what we already know and what has already been alleged.

The Premier League are trying to use our takeover as a way to stop piracy in the MENA region.

Lately there has been some moves towards this, with pretty much reporters saying that allowing BeIn to broadcast in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia’s withdrawal of the appeal to the WTO report would satisfy the EPL.

To me, today very much feels like one of those days where we saw a new letter from Hastice. It feels bad and we start thinking it means the takeover will be blocked, when in reality the EPL don’t care about that issue and if they did, are ultimately powerless to do anything about it without the intervention of the U.K. government.

In terms of SA and USA relations, which matter not in term of our takeover, today’s talks would have been diplomatic.

Biden would have expressed concern over the murder of Jamaal, and would have said that he no longer supports a war in Yemen, as well as saying they won’t sell arms to SA. Ultimately though the king of SA would have pointed to how MBS has lead efforts to bring in more humans rights in SA, and admitted the murder was a mistake.

Sooner or later the US will start selling arms to SA again, the NRA who are basically a lobby group will eventually convince the US that they need the sales. On top of those sooner or later the US will find a new country in the Middle East to pick on where they will call on the help of SA, which would also help enable arms sales again.

The US will also be desperate for their companies to be involved in the massive infrastructure projects in SA.

Biden just needs to be allowed to have his 100 days in office to try and show that he’s different to past US presidents before doing very much the same.

Have noted twitter takeover gurus R E Maine and Barry Saratov had any more to say on this yet? :lol:

Not sure about Bazza, but Harry hasn’t.

Barry/Harry/Gary whatever :lol:

Doesn’t really matter what he calls himself really does it?

What did this have to do with the takeover like?

Is/was there not a sum of money paid 'by her' secured against any money she was hoping for from this case?

I guess it also would have been nice if she/PCP were suddenly £600m richer, incase PIF were unable/unwilling to complete a takeover, as another option.