Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So is the argument now that PIF have knowingly facilitated the murder of Khashoggi?

The point is more that the PIF ultimately operates under the absolute control of MBS. So yes day-to-day operations are managed by his appointments, but ultimately if he wants to commandeer PIF-owned planes to facilitate the murder of a journalist then there's f*** all anyone can do about it. So no one can ever push the "fully independent" line with a straight face.

When are you going to post on other threads which involve matches, Bruce. Ashley etc. Oh wait you won’t because you’re not a Newcastle fan

You've rumbled me - I've been running a decade-long deep cover operation pretending to be a Newcastle fan so I can attempt to undermine a future Saudi-takeover attempt. More gems from the N-O brains trust.

Ok Luke show me all your match day posts then I’m sure you can find loads over a decade. Oh wait you didn’t even  have this account 6 months ago  :cheesy:

Here you go: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=11117;area=showposts;start=525

So you had a different account did you. Even then you have about two posts in the last fours years relating to actual footballing matters. All you’re interested in has been the failure of the takeover and taking great delight in it. There is certainly a sound basis that you’re Edwards.

Hahahaa. f*** beIN getting reinstated in Saudi. f*** that they Saudis and Qataris are buddies again. f*** that we have a bread loving lawayer who is an expert in sport cases taking charge of our case against the PL. f*** that things were going on in the background.

It was never happening and this Saudi-MBS issue was always going to come back to light. There you have it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/24/politics/saudi-top-secret-documents-khashoggi-bin-salman/index.html

The filing lays out how ownership of Sky Prime Aviation was ordered to be transferred into the country's $400 billion sovereign wealth fund in late 2017. The company's planes were later used in the October 2018 killing of Khashoggi.

The Kingdom's sovereign wealth fund, known as the Public Investment Fund, is controlled by the Saudi crown and is chaired by the crown prince, who is known as MBS. The documents establishing the link between the planes and the prince were filed by a group of Saudi-state owned companies as part of an embezzlement suit they opened last month in Canada against a former top Saudi intelligence official, Saad Aljabri.

Planes owned by the Public Investment Fund were used to transport the Khashoggi assassins, on the specific orders of MBS.

"fully independent"; "irrelevant"; "nothing the PL can do to stop this" etc etc

Here he is! :lol:

As with the previous US intelligence report (which concluded that MBS ordered Khashoggi's murder), the content of this one is very damning but thе timing and the general tone of Biden's administration indicate that MBS is no longer tolerable as a partner to the US. And when that happens it's usually coup time at House of Saud. So we're closer to the end of MBS, than any of his 2030 fairytale projects, which unfortunately include our takeover.

This is as dead as a dodo, despite what the mentalists on here say.

PIF is not a separate entity to KSA. MBS is the fucking chairman for fucks sake. Thats the grounds on which the takeover has been rejected and thats the grounds on which the takeover will continue to not be approved.

EDIT: fwiw, I find absolutely no joy in this whatsoever as NUFC are as good as dead without it.

PIF is not a separate entity to KSA. MBS is the fucking chairman for fucks sake. Thats the grounds on which the takeover has been rejected and thats the grounds on which the takeover will continue to not be approved.

EDIT: fwiw, I find absolutely no joy in this whatsoever as NUFC are as good as dead without it.

Not to start going around in circles again but the takeover was never rejected. That's the whole issue with this sorry saga. The PL have allowed this to drag on by not laying their own laws down and putting an end to it.

As with the previous US intelligence report (which concluded that MBS ordered Khashoggi's murder), the content of this one is very damning but thе timing and the general tone of Biden's administration indicate that MBS is no longer tolerable as a partner to the US. And when that happens it's usually coup time at House of Saud. So we're closer to the end of MBS, than any of his 2030 fairytale projects, which unfortunately include our takeover.

Would be mental to think someone with absolute power would be dethroned over the death of one person. Would it really end the vision on PIF and ksa though? Or has enough foundations been put in for it all to be a good idea for their future?

Guest reefatoon

Well let's hope Ashley can win a bit compensation, tie Bruce down to an 8 year contract and hand him a healthy transfer budget of 500k. Things are not all doom and gloom.

Agreed, not a chance this is ever going to happen.

Only hope now really is AS and the Reubens pooling together to try to buy the club on their own, but it remains to be seen if they have the means or interest in doing that.

Not to start going around in circles again but the takeover was never rejected. That's the whole issue with this sorry saga. The PL have allowed this to drag on by not laying their own laws down and putting an end to it.

I keep saying the same thing to some of the knackers on here.  The Premier League neither rejected or accepted the takeover.  They did f#ck all.  That's the whole point of Ashley taking them to task.  Because Masters and his mates REFUSED to make a decision without any given reason.

Didn't they claim they were awaiting requested information. And then PIF announced they were pulling out.

My best guess [because that's what it is] is that they requested information that PIF weren't prepared to divulge. Perhaps information that, in their opinion, they have no right to request. Could well be a stalemate.

Didn't they claim they were awaiting requested information. And then PIF announced they were pulling out.

My best guess [because that's what it is] is that they requested information that PIF weren't prepared to divulge. Perhaps information that, in their opinion, they have no right to request. Could well be a stalemate.

PIF provided legal evidence and court documents to say they were legally so stated from the Saudi State. The Premier League kept asking for documents to say they were separated by the Saudi state. How can you gain more evidence then what they provided.

PIF provided legal evidence and court documents to say they were legally so stated from the Saudi State. The Premier League kept asking for documents to say they were separated by the Saudi state. How can you gain more evidence then what they provided.

I don't know. What I do know is that the PL haven't backed down, in a year. And I'm sure they have legal advisors too. Maybe they'll employ the legal advice team that secured the purchase of Burnley. That would be interesting.

They did but for a test that is supposed to take 2-4 weeks, you'd think that their internal process would be set that if the necessary information isn't provided within a reasonable time frame, then the test would be rejected and not just left open forever until someone comes up with something.

I keep saying the same thing to some of the knackers on here.  The Premier League neither rejected or accepted the takeover.  They did f#ck all.  That's the whole point of Ashley taking them to task.  Because Masters and his mates REFUSED to make a decision without any given reason.

Who says thats even the process?

I think, in order to approve the sale the PL asked PIF to provide 'XYZ' in relation to MBS and PIF and PIF failed to do so. As such, the sale was never approved, but as the PL didnt receive 'XYZ' they didn't have grounds to reject it either.

As far as I can see, despite bluster, buyer confidence and loads of bread, the situation hasn't changed one single bit in about a year. Until PIF can demonstrate that they're a separate entity from KSA the sale will remain unapproved. Whether De Marco can go some way to prove that, remains to be seen. He'll need to be a miracle worker to be able to deny what seems very much blatant.