Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Call me optimistic but so f***?

15 people travelling on 2 planes owned by the fund ran by the prince??

Yes its a link between PIF (and therefore MBS) and the asassination but its a small link. Very small if you ask me.

You're right, it's difficult to know how much the PL look into this sort of thing, if they were fussed they would severe ties with Saudi full stop (they won't).

I'm not convinced they're back at the table,  but if they are I don't think it's nailed on this would sink it.

Surety this gives the Premier League legal team the exact link they have been looking for and this will be widely reported in the press so I’m pretty sure it will sink in.

I mean, objectively the takeover should absolutely be blocked on moral grounds, even if that's not the actual reason for the PL doing it.  PIF are orders of magnitude worse than Ashley as people, even if they'd be far better for the footballing success of the club and region.

Of course I want a takeover but part of me is relieved. Saudi ownership would be problematic to say the least.

:thup:

Well I can't face a NUFC with Ashley, Charnley and Bruce as that is only going to end one way......down.    And for that reason I am out!  Got better things to do!  I might come back if a new owner is found with a little bit of ambition!

Of course I want a takeover but part of me is relieved. Saudi ownership would be problematic to say the least.

Have to agree. As much as I was caught up in the delirium of having such rich owners, it was almost secondary to getting Ashley out. I'd be more than happy with moderately ambitious owners who may not get us into the top 6, but would bring back that feeling at the beginning of a season of "we could do something here". We all know a new season is met with nothing but apathy and dread these days. Someone shared that video of Rafa taking to the pitch after a game a few seasons ago, hugging the players, applauding the fans. The atmosphere in that video is all I want alongside the right to dream that we could do something. I don't think it takes state-rich Saudi ownership to get that back.

I think that’s it now tbh, this completely ends it and at least we know. I’m done as far as any last hope or care for the club now and Ashley deserves the relegation and years of being stuck in the championship they are on their way.

Well I can't face a NUFC with Ashley, Charnley and Bruce as that is only going to end one way......down.    And for that reason I am out!  Got better things to do!  I might come back if a new owner is found with a little bit of ambition!

I’ve no doubt that this takeover not going ahead will result in Ashley being here a few more years and the hatches being battened down even firmer. We’re heading for a total collapse of this club and something even far worse than the last 14 years. Frightening thought though not a surprise.

So is the argument now that PIF have knowingly facilitated the murder of Khashoggi?

The point is more that the PIF ultimately operates under the absolute control of MBS. So yes day-to-day operations are managed by his appointments, but ultimately if he wants to commandeer PIF-owned planes to facilitate the murder of a journalist then there's fuck all anyone can do about it. So no one can ever push the "fully independent" line with a straight face.

So is the argument now that PIF have knowingly facilitated the murder of Khashoggi?

The point is more that the PIF ultimately operates under the absolute control of MBS. So yes day-to-day operations are managed by his appointments, but ultimately if he wants to commandeer PIF-owned planes to facilitate the murder of a journalist then there's f*** all anyone can do about it. So no one can ever push the "fully independent" line with a straight face.

When are you going to post on other threads which involve matches, Bruce. Ashley etc. Oh wait you won’t because you’re not a Newcastle fan

The point is more that the PIF ultimately operates under the absolute control of MBS. So yes day-to-day operations are managed by his appointments, but ultimately if he wants to commandeer PIF-owned planes to facilitate the murder of a journalist then there's f*** all anyone can do about it. So no one can ever push the "fully independent" line with a straight face.

When are you going to post on other threads which involve matches, Bruce. Ashley etc. Oh wait you won’t because you’re not a Newcastle fan

You've rumbled me - I've been running a decade-long deep cover operation pretending to be a Newcastle fan so I can attempt to undermine a future Saudi-takeover attempt. More gems from the N-O brains trust.

You've rumbled me - I've been running a decade-long deep cover operation pretending to be a Newcastle fan so I can attempt to undermine a future Saudi-takeover attempt. More gems from the N-O brains trust.

Ok Luke show me all your match day posts then I’m sure you can find loads over a decade. Oh wait you didn’t even  have this account 6 months ago  :cheesy:

OK, so how would the EPL actually prove that to be the case? Doesn't the proof of  non-separation need to be more hard wired than anecdotal evidence? Why would that implicate PIF and make the argument EPL trying to make any different to what they're already presenting?

Genuine question bytheway, it just seems the fact MBS is chairman of PIF is more compelling evidence itself than this. 

The point is more that the PIF ultimately operates under the absolute control of MBS. So yes day-to-day operations are managed by his appointments, but ultimately if he wants to commandeer PIF-owned planes to facilitate the murder of a journalist then there's fuck all anyone can do about it. So no one can ever push the "fully independent" line with a straight face.

On this basis, this isn't new information. We've always known that MBS chairs PIF and that there are definite links between it and the state. Everything hinges on whether or not De Marco et al can sufficiently argue against the fact that the link is an absolutely fundamental one.

Nope, the argument is there is a clear link between PIF and MBS. The murder is pretty irrelevant to the takeover.

Almost comic really "Aha, we've discovered that you were in control of PIF when you ordered them to slaughter someone!"

"So I can't take over the club because I'm a murderer?"

"Oh, no, no, it's just that the receipt for the murder ties you to them, and the murderers were illegally streaming footy matches."

On this basis, this isn't new information. We've always known that MBS chairs PIF and that there are definite links between it and the state. Everything hinges on whether or not De Marco et al can sufficiently argue against the fact that the link is an absolutely fundamental one.

Aye, basically this.

Ok Luke show me all your match day posts then I’m sure you can find loads over a decade. Oh wait you didn’t even  have this account 6 months ago  :cheesy:

Here you go: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=11117;area=showposts;start=525