Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This is as dead as a dodo, despite what the mentalists on here say.

PIF is not a separate entity to KSA. MBS is the fucking chairman for fucks sake. Thats the grounds on which the takeover has been rejected and thats the grounds on which the takeover will continue to not be approved.

EDIT: fwiw, I find absolutely no joy in this whatsoever as NUFC are as good as dead without it.

Not to start going around in circles again but the takeover was never rejected. That's the whole issue with this sorry saga. The PL have allowed this to drag on by not laying their own laws down and putting an end to it.

I keep saying the same thing to some of the knackers on here.  The Premier League neither rejected or accepted the takeover.  They did f#ck all.  That's the whole point of Ashley taking them to task.  Because Masters and his mates REFUSED to make a decision without any given reason.

Who says thats even the process?

I think, in order to approve the sale the PL asked PIF to provide 'XYZ' in relation to MBS and PIF and PIF failed to do so. As such, the sale was never approved, but as the PL didnt receive 'XYZ' they didn't have grounds to reject it either.

As far as I can see, despite bluster, buyer confidence and loads of bread, the situation hasn't changed one single bit in about a year. Until PIF can demonstrate that they're a separate entity from KSA the sale will remain unapproved. Whether De Marco can go some way to prove that, remains to be seen. He'll need to be a miracle worker to be able to deny what seems very much blatant.

I didn't think it had anything to do with the sale of the club, only the Owners and Directors test. I thought that was the final hurdle that had to be jumped.

The buyers appear to have not been able to pass it but instead of the PL saying "Sorry, you haven't provided the necessary qualifying evidence in the required time frame therefore you have failed the test", they've just let it drag on and on.

I mean, they are a terrible organisation so it's feasible, but it doesn't seem a very good practice for a multi billion pound organisation to not have a proper closing process to this kind of test. It seems to be either you pass it, or is just sits in a filing tray forever.

Unless the time frame is about five years of course :lol:

PIF is not a separate entity to KSA. MBS is the fucking chairman for fucks sake. Thats the grounds on which the takeover has been rejected and thats the grounds on which the takeover will continue to not be approved.

EDIT: fwiw, I find absolutely no joy in this whatsoever as NUFC are as good as dead without it.

Not to start going around in circles again but the takeover was never rejected. That's the whole issue with this sorry saga. The PL have allowed this to drag on by not laying their own laws down and putting an end to it.

Didn't they claim they were awaiting requested information. And then PIF announced they were pulling out.

My best guess [because that's what it is] is that they requested information that PIF weren't prepared to divulge. Perhaps information that, in their opinion, they have no right to request. Could well be a stalemate.

They did but for a test that is supposed to take 2-4 weeks, you'd think that their internal process would be set that if the necessary information isn't provided within a reasonable time frame, then the test would be rejected and not just left open forever until someone comes up with something.

Supposed to take 2-4 weeks if things go as planned. I'm sure I read in somebody's quote of the process, that they get 5 days to respond to requests for information, but [and I'm not 100% on this] I remember also reading about eventualities that can reset the clock.

I assume that the PL were communicating with Ashley and I wouldn't put it past him to piss about.

I keep saying the same thing to some of the knackers on here.  The Premier League neither rejected or accepted the takeover.  They did f#ck all.  That's the whole point of Ashley taking them to task.  Because Masters and his mates REFUSED to make a decision without any given reason.

Who says thats even the process?

I think, in order to approve the sale the PL asked PIF to provide 'XYZ' in relation to MBS and PIF and PIF failed to do so. As such, the sale was never approved, but as the PL didnt receive 'XYZ' they didn't have grounds to reject it either.

As far as I can see, despite bluster, buyer confidence and loads of bread, the situation hasn't changed one single bit in about a year. Until PIF can demonstrate that they're a separate entity from KSA the sale will remain unapproved. Whether De Marco can go some way to prove that, remains to be seen. He'll need to be a miracle worker to be able to deny what seems very much blatant.

I didn't think it had anything to do with the sale of the club, only the Owners and Directors test. I thought that was the final hurdle that had to be jumped.

The buyers appear to have not been able to pass it but instead of the PL saying "Sorry, you haven't provided the necessary qualifying evidence in the required time frame therefore you have failed the test", they've just let it drag on and on.

I mean, they are a terrible organisation so it's feasible, but it doesn't seem a very good practice for a multi billion pound organisation to not have a proper closing process to this kind of test. It seems to be either you pass it, or is just sits in a filing tray forever.

Unless the time frame is about five years of course :lol:

A terrible organisation vs Ashley. We never really had any right to expect this to be straightforward.

Meanwhile in China a mass imprisonment of a whole race is underway and not a whiff of concern is raised by the rest of the world.

I mean it literally is, unless you don't ever read anything/watch TV.

What Chinese investment funds with links to the government are trying to buy a football club?

Meanwhile in China a mass imprisonment of a whole race is underway and not a whiff of concern is raised by the rest of the world.

What Chinese investment funds with links to the government are trying to buy a football club?

It was more the furore around PIF in relation to ongoing issues around the globe of much higher concern.

All of them considering the Chinese government keep telling their citizens to buy and sell foreign companies (including football clubs) on a whim.

Recently they have told their citizens to sell foreign football clubs. The WBA owner has been told to sell them or pull the plug on them. The Southampton owner has been trying to sell the club for a year.

I find it really weird how people are getting all dramatic over reading something that they already knew about 2+ years ago.

The Americans literally shot up a bunch of journalists from a gunship, hooting about it while it was taking place. They are in no moral position to make judgements on other scummy nations.

This is how extortion happens at the highest level. Once the Saudis start buying more weapons and at a higher rate, all of this will die down.

As for the takeover. Fuck knows, it’s a release to think it’s a dead duck. I can stop caring about the club and the fuckwit managing it. It causes me nothing but stress and frustration. There’s more to life

I still don't think the Khashoggi murder will be a direct reason for the PL to reject it, which from a moral standing says an awful lot about the sort of organisation they are. It'll still be the piracy issue that decides the outcome (if indeed the interest from PIF remains).

:thup:

Do you think if the takeover ever did happen that MBS would even attend one game at SJP?

Not unless it was a high profile game, talking a title challenging game, or a Champions League game against high profile opposition.

Guest reefatoon

Expecting Biden to pull his mask off to reveal it’s really Hatice in a Sunderland top, finally getting the better of those pesky Mags and the takeover.

If the report literally names him and Biden is waiting to speak to the King then it looks like it'll be an ultimatum to bin him off. Deal's dead.

Or you know, it could be that he actually wants to speak to the official ruler of the country.

USA are just postering. Biden needs to be seen to slate the Saudi’s to appease the Liberals who voted for him. The same reason why they are publicly withdrawing from Yemen and saying they won’t sell guns to them.

Sooner or later they will sell guns to them, similar to how the U.K. stopped selling guns to them for a little while.

You can also guarantee that they will want US companies involved in the NEOM and other infrastructure projects.

It’s like how Biden says the U.K. will be at the back of the queue for trade deals, when in fact the Americans will be seen to be very interested in doing deals with us, non the least trying to buy up the majority of the NHS contracts.

Nothing changes, Biden is just wearing a different mask.

I also don’t believe today’s report will matter to our takeover either. The Premier League have already been told by the U.K. government that they do not object to the deal (and allegedly in privately they are in favour of it). A government report means nothing, other countries have also released reports which say what they have said and so has the UN. MBS has to be convicted and that’s just not happening. Even then if our lawyers successfully make the separation between PIF and the state, then it’s all a moot point in anyway.