Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Fuck George Caulkin. He’s shown he knows fuck all about this and is still trying to get clicks off his overly inflated reputation with nufc supporters.

He’s let us down here.

It’s the hope that kills isn’t it. Am utterly deflated by today’s events.

He can only report what he’s told and he was told the buyers were given private assurances it was getting passed

Can anyone give a breakdown of this? I don't mean copy & paste.

15KF4jq.jpg

So the issue is that PIF is not independent enough from the Saudi State?

While that is true, wouldn't the same apply to Manchester City and UAE? Don't really see how our situation is different from theirs.

no expert but with City there appears to be enough of a polite fiction thats its privately owned by Sheikh Mansour as an individual (and he's not the ruler after all) which while complete bollocks is just enough bollocks to get away with it clearly whereas with this its kinda hard to have a polite fiction that is not KSA calling the shots when its the public investment fund of saudi arabia and their chairman is literally the heir to the throne.

Fuck George Caulkin. He’s shown he knows fuck all about this and is still trying to get clicks off his overly inflated reputation with nufc supporters.

He’s let us down here.

Caulkin has a line to Amanda. Just because it didn’t turn out the way we hoped, it doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

f*** George Caulkin. He’s shown he knows f*** all about this and is still trying to get clicks off his overly inflated reputation with nufc supporters.

He’s let us down here.

He's clearly very close to Staveley,  and from what's been said today they, the consortium were given verbal assurances the deal would go through. 

Most journalists are full of shit but i think he genuinely believed the info he was receiving,  I still believe him and the consortium.

Caulkin has been fine throughout. He was always honest where his information was coming from.

Caulkin got his info from the buyers, who got their info from the PL. Who's the bullshitter in that line up ?

15KF4jq.jpg

While that is true, wouldn't the same apply to Manchester City and UAE? Don't really see how our situation is different from theirs.

no expert but with City there appears to be enough of a polite fiction thats its privately owned by Sheikh Mansour as an individual (and he's not the ruler after all) which while complete bollocks is just enough bollocks to get away with it clearly whereas with this its kinda hard to have a polite fiction that is not KSA calling the shots when its the public investment fund of saudi arabia and their chairman is literally the heir to the throne.

Mansour has great power in UAE, he’s also allegedly in line to the thrown.

This is nothing more than a fuck you to us.

He’s let us down here.

He can only report what he’s told and he was told the buyers were given private assurances it was getting passed

now whether that was complete horse shit being fed to him or not is another matter. Personally I have severe doubts that they were ever given private assurances on it getting passed when there was the clear red flag from day one of beoutq which anyone with half a brain cell could see would pose an issue.

15KF4jq.jpg

It really did come down to that, it seems. Staveley pissed that the PL “tried to make the state of Saudi a director”. The PIF statement saying it was autonomous.

City is different because their state owners weren’t pissing off the PL’s commercial partner at the time of the bid. The PL looked deeper at the behest of BeIn than they did with City, because no one complained about Abu Dhabi piracy.

I’ve always been sceptical of the prospect of legal action if the bid failed because the issue isn’t that the PL is not applying its rules properly. The issue is that it hasn’t applied those rules consistently in the past.

As far as I'm aware, the UAE haven't been accused of allowing the piracy of televised Premiership matches. That seems to be the main reason why the PIF needed to distance themselves from the Saudi government. But clearly the link is there.

Caulkin has an interview with Staveley and that fellow who is on Twitter, he’s just accidentally tweeted it. Assume it’s meant to be in drafts for the morning. I don’t have the Athletic subscription so dunno if it’s a rehash of the earlier article

pretty much more of the same, no issue with ashley and according to her the premier league saying the ultimate beneficial owner of nufc would be the state of saudi arabia so they wanted them as a director