Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Barry Glendenning has to the most annoying cunt ever like, thick as fuck

:lol: I like Barry a lot but know that he, like many other Guardianers, have been very condescending towards Newcastle fans on this topic. What's he said now?

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291812600779608066

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291822826077540352

The bloke is a complete moron man, how can you have such a reductive outlook on sporting competition when your profession is literally sports journalism? You can essentially distill his argument to - if you're not at the bottom of the football pyramid, you've got nothing to moan about

Heaven forbid fans actually have ambitions for their team to be successful

His Mackem blinkers heavily inform his contrarian rhetoric and it's so painfully obvious. He'll still be pleading for sympathy for them without the esteemed logic that he applied to us.

Urgh, shame that. Clueless comments. There are worse teams so stop whinging. Ridiculous logic.

It's just such ridiculous logic, I hear it all the time and it relies on circular logic of you look closely. It boils down to

"Your team finished 13th, therefore they're the 13th best club. So because the 13th best club finished 13th, you finished where you should so you have nothing to complain about and should therefore be grateful you finished 13tb"

It works for any club who finish in any position as a way to tell them they shouldn't desire improvement, but looked at closely it's a bullshit argument

Barry Glendenning has to the most annoying cunt ever like, thick as fuck

:lol: I like Barry a lot but know that he, like many other Guardianers, have been very condescending towards Newcastle fans on this topic. What's he said now?

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291812600779608066

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291822826077540352

The bloke is a complete moron man, how can you have such a reductive outlook on sporting competition when your profession is literally sports journalism? You can essentially distill his argument to - if you're not at the bottom of the football pyramid, you've got nothing to moan about

Heaven forbid fans actually have ambitions for their team to be successful

His Mackem blinkers heavily inform his contrarian rhetoric and it's so painfully obvious. He'll still be pleading for sympathy for them without the esteemed logic that he applied to us.

Can someone make a bot that just replies 'ingrate' every time he complains about anything at all that happens with sunderland.

My thoughts this morning are this has been a great week in terms of supporters uniting, I think if anything we’ve underlined why this is still a mighty club. This has clearly not gone unnoticed by the consortium and has probably reaffirmed their determination to buy the club.

More importantly I always believed the PL would take what they perceived as the easy option, I think Masters and co will now be realising that they have underestimated the impact shitting on us would cause. We may not get this takeover through but it has highlighted the conflicts of interest and potential corruption at the heart of the PL.

Why does this matter, well the cartel of clubs at the top might just find that the PL lose their authority to decide ownership, it’s not beyond the realms that this leads to an independent body being appointed to oversee this in future. The decision making process at present lends itself to breaking competition rules and an even playing field. Masters and Hoffman may have just brought about major scrutiny on their organisation, here’s hoping.

How does this benefit us if takeover doesn’t go through, well who’s to say Staveley doesn’t return with BZG money or Maktoum money behind her. What would stop the top 6 objecting again and claims that the Dubai govt should be  made directors.

It certainly doesn’t motivate me to be fighting this for other clubs benefit down the line, but it may be that we have another takeover that doesn’t appeal to the top 6, that’s the reason we need to fight for transparency, and if these rules are going to be strict, they should be applied at the start of every season with current ownerships. If our takeover is unacceptable based on ownership structure then why is Man City’s structure acceptable for example.

I certainly don’t think this attempt is dead in the water, and wouldn’t be surprised if negotiations are still ongoing in background. It may be that the Saudis reducing their ownership % with a view to increasing in future may be agreed. Who knows but I’m certain the Rubens and Staveley at least will have the keys in coming months by hook or crook.

My thoughts this morning are this has been a great week in terms of supporters uniting, I think if anything we’ve underlined why this is still a mighty club. This has clearly not gone unnoticed by the consortium and has probably reaffirmed their determination to buy the club.

More importantly I always believed the PL would take what they perceived as the easy option, I think Masters and co will now be realising that they have underestimated the impact shitting on us would cause. We may not get this takeover through but it has highlighted the conflicts of interest and potential corruption at the heart of the PL.

Why does this matter, well the cartel of clubs at the top might just find that the PL lose their authority to decide ownership, it’s not beyond the realms that this leads to an independent body being appointed to oversee this in future. The decision making process at present lends itself to breaking competition rules and an even playing field. Masters and Hoffman may have just brought about major scrutiny on their organisation, here’s hoping.

How does this benefit us if takeover doesn’t go through, well who’s to say Staveley doesn’t return with BZG money or Maktoum money behind her. What would stop the top 6 objecting again and claims that the Dubai govt should be  made directors.

It certainly doesn’t motivate me to be fighting this for other clubs benefit down the line, but it may be that we have another takeover that doesn’t appeal to the top 6, that’s the reason we need to fight for transparency, and if these rules are going to be strict, they should be applied at the start of every season with current ownerships. If our takeover is unacceptable based on ownership structure then why is Man City’s structure acceptable for example.

I certainly don’t think this attempt is dead in the water, and wouldn’t be surprised if negotiations are still ongoing in background. It may be that the Saudis reducing their ownership % with a view to increasing in future may be agreed. Who knows but I’m certain the Rubens and Staveley at least will have the keys in coming months by hook or crook.

I'm feeling exactly that same.

The one thing that is playing on my mind is where will the club be in another 4 months time, I would expect looking down the barrel of a relegation due to the manager and a fairly poor squad.squad

Why do folk think Staveley has asked us to do this? As in, what do we think her strategy is? (if there is one).

Do we really think the PL will approve the deal because of fan and MP pressure?

I said give it 2 weeks, see what the fallout was and we’re a week in to that. Momentum has been good and the fans response brilliant, but I think something really needs to happen this coming week or it’s not going to happen at all. So big week coming up, really is make or break time as if it rolls in to a 3rd week without any answer or resolution then the PL will just stay silent and ignore everything that is thrown at them.

Why do folk think Staveley has asked us to do this? As in, what do we think her strategy is? (if there is one).

It won't make a difference to the PL's stance as admirable as it has been from everyone.  They've already made their mind up and it's not going to change.

So what if Newcastle and its football fans are unhappy?  As long as Liverpool, spurs, qataris and the rest don't get upset.

It's going to be ignored until it goes away and the likes of sky etc will allow it to disappear.

It won't make a difference to the PL's stance as admirable as it has been from everyone.  They've already made their mind up and it's not going to change.

So what if Newcastle and its football fans are unhappy?  As long as Liverpool, spurs, qataris and the rest don't get upset.

It's going to be ignored until it goes away and the likes of sky etc will allow it to disappear.

But they haven't made their minds up.  This is the whole point of this process that NUST have instigated.

Not sure about that, they haven't said anything, I suspect because their grounds for rejection are not sound legally.  What this should do is flush out an answer, then the shit could really hit the fan, pardon the pun

Not sure about that, they haven't said anything, I suspect because their grounds for rejection are not sound legally.  What this should do is flush out an answer, then the s*** could really hit the fan, pardon the pun

Your right flushing out a statement appears to be the plan.

Not the most important point here but I hope Bruce gets absolutely fuck all. £30m would make for the second highest summer spend since Ashley arrived and would probably make us one of the more spendy clubs in the league behind the biggest teams. He deserves to be scrabbling around the loan market like the bloody chump he is.

Fully accept why people oppose the deal too by the way and not on board with it all.

I don't accept why people oppose the deal unless they stop talking s*** about human rights and admit this is about money. So if you have a Khashoggi advatar in your profile you can f*** right off.

Everybody knows the PL's decision or non decision is about the piracy and money. That doesn't mean it has to be about that for us

I should really stop replying to your absolute nonsense

The PL don't need to make a decision now because the deal has been withdrawn. That suits them just fine, no questions to answer.  I know it's not the PL but the Championship have kicked out the takeover at Charlton because of failed director tests (Paul Elliot and a.n.other)  Difference was it was done almost instantly

Guest Cheesy Beans

The PL don't need to make a decision now because the deal has been withdrawn. That suits them just fine, no questions to answer.  I know it's not the PL but the Championship have kicked out the takeover at Charlton because of failed director tests (Paul Elliot and a.n.other)  Difference was it was done almost instantly

Nobody has reported anywhere that the papers to withdraw from the O&D test have been submitted though.

The deal ‘expired’ in June, yet the O&D test was (and is) continuing. The PL still have a decision to make which is why Staveley and co have been so bullish in winding up the fans for a response. Which is also why the PL aren’t able to comment on it, the process is still on-going. If the whole process had been withdrawn, the PL would be able to come out and state that.

If the PL green light it, the deal between Staveley and Ashley will be made instantly and the club will be sold.

The glimmer, very faint glimmer in me is going now.I can’t for the life of me understand why they can’t get back at the table with the PL and call them out on this.Pride? Don’t need to? It’s the gift back for us for at least giving it one last go.....I just don’t get it, the PL will have nowhere to wriggle to if they went for it.

Fucking sick

The glimmer, very faint glimmer in me is going now.I can’t for the life of me understand why they can’t get back at the table with the PL and call them out on this.Pride? Don’t need to? It’s the gift back for us for at least giving it one last go.....I just don’t get it, the PL will have nowhere to wriggle to if they went for it.

Fucking sick

Why would they get behind the table for more of the same. There has to a be a shift in attitude from the PL. hence the call for pressure

I think piracy was a convenient road to go down for them. It’s clear it can’t be proven that the state ran BeoutQ so they are just pissing in the wind there.

I suspect Amanda Staveleys case against Barclays was not insignificant here. And generally Qatar just not wanting Saudi to be able to flex their muscles in an area they thought they had sorted.

So collusion and corruption are what’s going to get the PL in trouble here. Imagine the sorts of emails that have been exchanged since March, or minutes taken from meetings about it.

An enquiry would expose everything we’ve suspected about them.

f***ing sick

I think they’ve probably tried all that and the PL have still refused to make a decision or give a timeline. Maybe the only way of going public was to withdraw the bid, by all accounts they did consider releasing a statement on the Tuesday, but thought better of it for whatever reason.

I was optimistic throughout the takeover saga, but I can't help but be sceptical here.

The PL have shown they're hard nosed bastards who are willing to bunker down for months on end. Ultimately they're a private company who can hide behind their confidential process without any real accountability. It does make you wonder what's stopping them from just flat out rejecting it.

It's a superb effort from the fans piling on the pressure though -  and I wish anyone continuing to do so the best of luck, but I can't help but feel it will be futile.