Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I Think like the takeover saga itself, this stage will also look promising for a while before ultimately being pointless.

Basically yeah. My only hope from this is that the EPL are forced to be more transparent in their processes, or it leads to future takeovers being subject to an independent review regarding O&D. Naive I know and the whole scenario has destroyed any love of football I had remaining.

Fantastic to see the fan base finally united on something though.

The PL don't need to make a decision now because the deal has been withdrawn. That suits them just fine, no questions to answer.  I know it's not the PL but the Championship have kicked out the takeover at Charlton because of failed director tests (Paul Elliot and a.n.other)  Difference was it was done almost instantly

Nobody has reported anywhere that the papers to withdraw from the O&D test have been submitted though.

The deal ‘expired’ in June, yet the O&D test was (and is) continuing. The PL still have a decision to make which is why Staveley and co have been so bullish in winding up the fans for a response. Which is also why the PL aren’t able to comment on it, the process is still on-going. If the whole process had been withdrawn, the PL would be able to come out and state that.

If the PL green light it, the deal between Staveley and Ashley will be made instantly and the club will be sold.

Wildly optimistic imo. If this was/is the plan why didn't PiF just threaten to walk away if a decision wasn't made by a certain date? Would have got the same reaction from fans imo, maybe even a better one as there would still be definite hope to change things.

They've seen an out and took it imo.

Feel like the PL have overstretched here. They have every right to pull on the piracy thread, but their legal remit would have  been to make it stop and that's what they had achieved, KSA terminating the licencing agreement certainly complicates that matter but had PlF/KSA not tried to buy NUFC, then the PL achieving what they had done upto that point would have been seen as being a very healthy victory for them.

Instead, the PL have tried to capitilise and have pushed way past their legal reach if there's any truth in them asking the KSA to be named as director, then if there's been assurances from the "very highest levels" that the PIF are a separate legal entity, then I imagine those assurances are from a sound legal basis and should make that requirement from the PL null and void.

The interference from other clubs also treads them very close, if not past the point of violation of the Competitions Act and the fact that the allegations have not been vehemently denied by them or the clubs involved within the first few hours of them being made shows there's truth in all these matters as well, again, that will come out in the wash, they won't be able to cover that up, even though its clear to see from Twitter that Keys et al may be trying to...

I think this is on, but inspite of what I've said, I think this is well in the balance, the Broadcasting termination may prove to be the biggest stumbling block here.

Will that do any good?  :lol:

I said someone should do that a week back and was laughed at.

It won’t result in damages, but hopefully it puts the Premier League under intense pressure.

It'll just be laughed off by the PL.

If they 'have the funds' they should have engaged legal representation to prepare a formal pre-action letter which actually set out the grounds on which the claim would be brought. Although, I can't see that there would be likely to be any grounds for someone without a direct financial interest in the deal to take legal action against the PL.

Definitive answer by next week. Still positive signs coming from EPL, as in communication is still flowing.

This your gut feeling or have you been cooking for your lass again to get more info from GC? :lol:

Definitive answer by next week. Still positive signs coming from EPL, as in communication is still flowing.

This your gut feeling or have you been cooking for your lass again to get more info from GC? :lol:

The latter.  :lol:

They've already prepped an appeal for the worst case scenario.

We'll find out either way by next week.

who have? the consortium or the Premier League?

Let’s hope so otherwise she’ll end up the size of a bus :lol:

Thanks for the update. Hope you are doing well. She seems like a keeper :thup:

Best thing about the last week is that we've pulled on the heartstrings of the consortium. If they were ready to give up, we've gave them energy to keep fighting and if next week's definitive decision is a bad one, at least we forced an answer.

We'll just have to survive another season until Staveley finds the next buyer.

Dialogue would still have been going on, think that was fairly obvious like.

Whether or not it'll lead to us finally being free of Ashley, god knows. Back into 'next week' territory again, it's the hope that kills  :(

Will that do any good?  :lol:

I think that letter should have been slightly different -  I think the writers passion has ran away with him.

I would have went along the following lines........ it should have been stressed that despite their societal differences, the UK and SA are close partners. Human rights arguments are the horse that has long since left the barn when it comes the club ownership.

I would also have mentioned the following:

Existing investment has already been made in the north east by members of the consortium. The PL's indecision has potentially put this at risk. Further investment in the local area was also promised. What about mike ashleys investment in the high street with the proceeds of the sale?

Further to the above, the results of the PL's indecision might lead to 'tension' between two countries on a commercial level affecting investment elsewhere.

NUFC's participation in the PL has led to some very memorable games. Surely i dont have to point out which ones? Obviously there are no guarantees but an argument could be made that a stronger NUFC equals a stronger PL.

The lack of transparancy regarding the apparant undue influence of Qatar, BEIN sports and other PL clubs and the relationships now coming to light as a results of the PL's indecision are particularly worrying.

The PL appear to have completely misjudged the depth of feeling that NUFC supporters have for the current regime at NUFC. Would mike ashley pass the O&D test if he were to hypothetically takeover a club now?

The PL's reputation has nosedived. And not just among fans of NUFC. This will have a knock on effect of fewer sky subscriptions, fewer gate receipts, less advertising revenue for PL partners etc etc etc. And again, not just at NUFC.

Other foreign and domestic investers looking at buying clubs may now look elsewhere.

Following approval,  its quite likely that at the first home game with fans in there would have been chants of 'walking in a Masters wonderland'. Quite what the NUFC fans will be singing now, in front of Sky cameras, i couldnt say.

It should also have been asked that with regards the the PL's indecision, is that decision made by commitee or by a single person? Is it votes or points scored?

It basically should have stressed that the benefits outway the negatives.

Perhaps my passion has ran away too  :lol: