Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

Wraith is there for his own self promotion, that's about it.

Got him on LinkedIn. Yes he may be shameless self promoting cock, but away from NUFC he's actually very good at what he does, even if it is just a Sayers book every 6 months.

There's no doubt he's a good at promotion, the issue many fans have is that he's become the self defacto fans spokesman.

SkySports changing their social media policy as a result of the petition is the best thing possible for the petition.  Whenever something has been banned, or those in control try and hide something, the general public is immediately drawn to that thing.

What needs to happen now is for everyone to be tweeting about how SkySports is changing their social media police because of the Newcastle United petition, and providing a link to the petition.

For example:

It can re-energise the petition and drive the number even higher.

He veered too close for pro Saudi for me and from then the conversation was done.

That's not the message we need at all.This isn't about us clamouring to be rich beyond our wildest(yes that would be great, and most other fans probably hope for similar), but more about the contempt and disregard the prem hold for its member clubs.

If this was rejected from the start then all of this doesn't exist, yes we are left worse for wear as a fanbase but the club at least has direction(laughable).

As it is the Prem has left NUFC on life support with an owner who has eventually checked out and new owners unable to satisfy their demands, of which could be reasonable or unreasonable because we know fuck all.

I'm all for pestering the league but as someone said on the NUST talk, this needs to be reciprocated by the buyers and sellers. We need some indication that we aren't just being played along for nothing( Happy Pennwards noises)

So I've had some information of sorts (albeit filtered through my Celtic supporting fiancee).

Dialogue is now 10 x what it was before the 'bid withdrawal' between the consortium and the PL, both positive and negative. This is very good news, as apparently they'd go weeks without any interaction  :lol:

Ashley, or should I say Keith, will be releasing a statement of such this week to journalists regarding the takeover financially costing the retail industry due to him not being able to reinvest his money, or lack thereof.

Nothing we didn't already know, so apologies.

Still?

Alreet Dre.

Wraith is there for his own self promotion, that's about it.

Got him on LinkedIn. Yes he may be shameless self promoting cock, but away from NUFC he's actually very good at what he does, even if it is just a Sayers book every 6 months.

There's no doubt he's a good at promotion, the issue many fans have is that he's become the self defacto fans spokesman.

Issue is that our fans have allowed him to. Those that speak the loudest are heard, even if they're talking balls. TBF the NUST could do with someone like him, who isn't afraid to embarrass themselves in public, as long as they are articulate and putting across the right message.

His intentions are good, just doesn't have the ability to deliver when it comes to a whole fan-base. Promoting some so called Newcastle gangsters, and the odd boxing match is very different to speaking for thousands

Guest neesy111

Simple question.

Are the premier league obliged to respond. Must they?

If they have to I'm back in, if not, I cant be arsed, because its just another 1000 pages of nothingness in here, and extreme twitter attention posts.

I don't believe so.  This is why the process is so flawed.

Simple question.

If they have to I'm back in, if not, I cant be arsed, because its just another 1000 pages of nothingness in here, and extreme twitter attention posts.

They don't have to, but can you imagine the reaction we'd be seeing if it was Man U/Tottenham/Arsenal that PIF were trying to buy. It would never be off the Skysports front page, and Masters would have been hauled up before a Parliamentary Comittee already to explain

As much as I’m no big Wraith fan in fairness to the lad he’s done as much as anyone as far as trying to get a better NUFC. Yes there is a self promotional angle but that just really shows he’s got a bit of get up and go about himself.

There’s nothing stopping anyone on here moaning about him replacing him as a spokesperson for want of a better word. Greg[/member] Heron[/member] has done it several times as have I in the past.

The U.K. media outlets for sport is basically covered nationally by BBC 5 Live and Talksport and Total Sport locally.

Ring them up and if need be say you are member of the main NUFC forum . Tell them you are available to speak to on all matters NUFC.

3 phone calls. Maybe once a week if need be until they give you a try and work out if you can speak coherently.

Either that or just type and moan about it and in general do nothing :lol:

As much as I’m no big Wraith fan in fairness to the lad he’s done as much as anyone as far as trying to get a better NUFC. Yes there is a self promotional angle but that just really shows he’s got a bit of get up and go about himself.

There’s nothing stopping anyone on here moaning about him replacing him as a spokesperson for want of a better word. Greg[/member] Heron[/member] has done it several times as have I in the past.

The U.K. media outlets for sport is basically covered nationally by BBC 5 Live and Talksport and Total Sport locally.

Ring them up and if need be say you are member of the main NUFC forum . Tell them you are available to speak to on all matters NUFC.

3 phone calls. Maybe once a week if need be until they give you a try and work out if you can speak coherently.

All well and good, but he's almost spun a pro-saudi line, and that's not helpful at all.

Well done to him for building himself up, but he does not represent me or my feelings towards nufc or this takeover.

He should have passed it over to the NUST. They should be our only vehicle to convey fans thoughts atm.

This. I think he's a tool, but is choosing to put himself in firing line

Simple question.

They don't have to, but can you imagine the reaction we'd be seeing if it was Man U/Tottenham/Arsenal that PIF were trying to buy. It would never be off the Skysports front page, and Masters would have been hauled up before a Parliamentary Comittee already to explain

Simple question.

In reference to the recent ombudsman and political or MP interactions, PM and local Mps?

Must a response be given? I think if not they're untouchable and only a legal battle in court settles this.

Simple question.

Simple question.

In reference to the recent ombudsman and political or MP interactions, PM and local Mps?

Must a response be given? I think if not they're untouchable and only a legal battle in court settles this.

I don't believe there is anything that obliges them to say anything - but the risk they run by not responding is if they piss enough MPs off those MPs may enact legislation or regulatory rules that do oblige them to things they don't want.

Wraith is an awful spokesperson for the fans. Someone needs to be out there calling out the league for accepting money from all kinds of dreadful places and then turning round and saying us being taken over is beyond the pale. The league should be taken to task for doing nothing to encourage proper fan ownership of clubs, of doing nothing to discourage owners like mike ashley treating fans like cash machines and lastly taken to task for refusing to even take a stand on any principles and instead just delaying the decision endlessly. As I have said before, why don't (or indeed didn't months ago) the league say the piracy is too big an issue, reject the takeover but say come back in a year and we'll have a look and see if your house is in order then, if the piracy is a categorical fail on the test. Of course would be awful for us, and they may not come back in a year but at least the league would have actually put something on the record that made some sense rather than dodging any and all decisions.

This seems to me the obvious response to the morality argument when questioned by the press. Say it's fair enough if the premier league and it's members are going to put down a marker and be an ethical league going forward, no longer dealing with human rights abusers and companies owned by human rights abusers. But that's not going to happen is it? Wraith didn't even really criticise the premier league, even when talking to a presenter that didn't seem to understand the basics, and then gave the Saudi's the "great bunch of lads" treatment.

Guest neesy111

Wraith can get fucked with pro saudi stuff, it's clear from his tweets over last few months he's pro KSA as he'll benefit from it.  Didn't he defend that Kate Stewart account?

All well and good, but he's almost spun a pro-saudi line, and that's not helpful at all.

Well done to him for building himself up, but he does not represent me or my feelings towards nufc or this takeover.

He should have passed it over to the NUST. They should be our only vehicle to convey fans thoughts atm.

I noted the word almost.

Do something about it. Contact him and NUST and discuss it.

If you’d put yourself up then you could’ve said what you wanted to say.