Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

You can blame Masters for a lot of stuff around the indecision and lack of comms but he has been inherited a very flawed process by his predecessors.

i don't see how that's anyone's problem but his own, besides which, I'm not sure how that excuses him of anything. Though to be fair the organisation as a whole is equally at fault, he's just unlucky enough to be a public focal point. Do I or should I feel any sympathy for him? No, I don't think so.

Anyone turning up at his house is deranged

Agreed. Any public sympathy is going to disappear the second the media get a shot of some moron shouting abuse at Masters and his family.

What public sympathy? The vast majority of football fans will be on the PL's side if only out of self interest.

Agreed, I think most fans of other clubs are missing the distinction between wanting answers from the PL, and wanting the takeover to go through no matter what.

The petition is for an explanation and answers.

Doxing Richard Masters is a fucking disgrace. Yes he's a cunt but come on, that's too far.

normally i'd agree but he's the figurehead for an absolutely piss-taking, corrupt organisation that have shit all over us and the city...he should be accountable one way or another imo

wouldn't endorse anything daft but standing outside his house with a few banners and tipped off journos as a one off i could get behind, london mag style

Agreed. Any public sympathy is going to disappear the second the media get a shot of some moron shouting abuse at Masters and his family.

What public sympathy? The vast majority of football fans will be on the PL's side if only out of self interest.

Agreed, I think most fans of other clubs are missing the distinction between wanting answers from the PL, and wanting the takeover to go through no matter what.

I think the vast majority of us want the takeover to go through no matter what, and I couldn’t give a flying fuck if someone launches a firework at Masters while he’s sat on the bog.

I think the vast majority of us want the takeover to go through no matter what, and I couldn’t give a flying f*** if someone launches a firework at Masters while he’s sat on the bog.

:lol:

I think the vast majority of us want the takeover to go through no matter what, and I couldn’t give a flying fuck if someone launches a firework at Masters while he’s sat on the bog.

Ooh, very Game of Thrones. Who is King of the North?

In all seriousness key lines.

The Premier League is vulnerable to legal action from Mike Ashley for effectively derailing the Newcastle United takeover, intermediaries in the collapsed deal believe.

Those close to the process believe England's top tier is in an "impossible position" as chief executive Richard Masters comes under sustained pressure to explain why the league's directors and owners' test hit a four-month impasse.

The league has consistently maintained privately that it took an "objective" approach to the proposed £300 million deal, but the Saudi sovereign investment fund behind the takeover is said to feel the delay was a thinly-veiled attempt to make the takeover impossible