Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

Oh dear , not good

Aye, don’t want it going down that route at all.

Yeap, no need for it to be personal.  We'll lose the moral high ground once anything like that happens.

Oh dear , not good

Aye, don’t want it going down that route at all.

I do, hope some radge cunt TPs his house.

Don't see anything wrong with someone knocking his door for more information.  Neighbors have knocked on my door for worse reasons than that tbh

Meh. Right or wrong its what the smug cunt deserves. Thinks he's untouchable, might change his tune when there's a few fans camped outside his door. I'd rather it not go down that route, but i'd rather it not take 17 weeks and wasted countless hours of my time.

Next season is the new next week.

August 30th 2029: Following the departure of Paul Jewell, caretaker manager Andy Carroll has been told he'll need to sell to buy, as Mike Ashley tightens the club purse strings and PIF confirm they see no red flags for their latest takeover push. Carroll, who had been coaching the Toon Army's under 9s before their disbandment for budgetary reasons, has been cited as 'the only man for the job'.

Yeah, Carroll's on a pay-as-you-coach contract. Has a bad back and some niggling injuries that might keep him out of the away games. His assistant Kinnear is on standby on the away games as he lives in London and 75% of the opposition are based in London.

Just have to hope that we can scrape another season with this lot. Buy a striker, a few loans and Jeff Hendrick.

:lol:  Jeff Hendrick can save us! He's tall, determined and up for the fight with his Irish pluck.

I guess it could be viewed that those bleating negativity over the actions of fans wanting to get answers through proactive means aren't really that bothered about a takeover happening or just like to sit on the fence with everything so they can always claim to be morally superior to everyone else, regardless of outcomes. Of course, I wouldn't think that myself though.

... I do however think my mouse is on it's way out from constant use of refreshing potential news source  :hmm:.

What would happen if we were relegated and then were no longer subject to the PL O&D tests?

Could PIF theoretically then takeover with the EFL as the governing body and then should we be promoted, there's fuck all the PL can do about it?

What would happen if we were relegated and then were no longer subject to the PL O&D tests?

Could PIF theoretically then takeover with the EFL as the governing body and then should we be promoted, there's fuck all the PL can do about it?

PL would doubtless still influence it.

I don't think PIF will be hanging around that long personally. Staveley probably would but not the Saudis.

Anyone turning up at his house is deranged

Agreed. Bloke is a cunt but the minute we resort to that we lose the PR battle and any wider sympathy is lost.

That address should NOT come out into the public domain.

Agreed. Any public sympathy is going to disappear the second the media get a shot of some moron shouting abuse at Masters and his family.

PL will pay some knob to wear a Newcastle shirt to do that while flying a Saudi flag. All hope is lost.

Agreed. Any public sympathy is going to disappear the second the media get a shot of some moron shouting abuse at Masters and his family.

What public sympathy? The vast majority of football fans will be on the PL's side if only out of self interest.

Personally, I don't see how it affects a PR battle in the slightest, the general public, certainly fans from other clubs generally have no sympathy for us. How this situation has affected each person individually is down to them and their conscience. If they want to knock on the door of someone who's address is most likely a matter of public record anyway is not different to the press doing the same. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, I don't see any mileage in taking moral high ground over people that don't have any morals themselves - I was always told to treat people how you expect to be treated yourself.

Personally, I don't see how it affects a PR battle in the slightest, the general public, certainly fans from other clubs generally have no sympathy for us. How this situation has affected each person individually is down to them and their conscience. If they want to knock on the door of someone who's address is most likely a matter of public record anyway is not different to the press doing the same. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, I don't see any mileage in taking moral high ground over people that don't have any morals themselves - I was always told to treat people how you expect to be treated yourself.

Doesn't your last sentence contradict the rest of what you've said, unless you actually want strangers turning up at your house :lol: