Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think the ombudsmen have only 'advised' them to make a comment/statement. And the MP's are saying the fans deserve an explanation for the delays in the process, but again, nothing mandatory.

I guess the hope with Ombudsmen / MP's / Boris getting involved, it makes the PL come out and respond in some form or other, otherwise it looks like they are also treating those parties above with the same contempt they are treating NUFC fans, by refusing to comment at all.

Guest neesy111

This is ridiculous like.  Fans should be an important stakeholder for the PL but they are treated with utter contempt.

This is the PL and it's been like this for a while, under scudamore and now Masters.

I think the ombudsmen have only 'advised' them to make a comment/statement. And the MP's are saying the fans deserve an explanation for the delays in the process, but again, nothing mandatory.

I guess the hope with Ombudsmen / MP's / Boris getting involved, it makes the PL come out and respond in some form or other, otherwise it looks like they are also treating those parties above with the same contempt they are treating NUFC fans, by refusing to comment at all.

But if you didn't have to do something you probably wouldn't.

And when you ignore something long enough,usually it goes away.

I keep seeing the 360 account saying let's turn the screw, rallying calls to Mps, etc etc,

Yes at least they're doing something fair enough,but the elite in this world dont give a shit about anyone, so given the fact they're not forced to respond bothers me a bit.

And will Stavely and Ashley actually bother to drag this through court, or just move on.

As much as I’m no big Wraith fan in fairness to the lad he’s done as much as anyone as far as trying to get a better NUFC. Yes there is a self promotional angle but that just really shows he’s got a bit of get up and go about himself.

There’s nothing stopping anyone on here moaning about him replacing him as a spokesperson for want of a better word. Greg[/member] Heron[/member] has done it several times as have I in the past.

The U.K. media outlets for sport is basically covered nationally by BBC 5 Live and Talksport and Total Sport locally.

Ring them up and if need be say you are member of the main NUFC forum . Tell them you are available to speak to on all matters NUFC.

3 phone calls. Maybe once a week if need be until they give you a try and work out if you can speak coherently.

Either that or just type and moan about it and in general do nothing :lol:

All well and good, but he's almost spun a pro-saudi line, and that's not helpful at all.

Well done to him for building himself up, but he does not represent me or my feelings towards nufc or this takeover.

He should have passed it over to the NUST. They should be our only vehicle to convey fans thoughts atm.

I noted the word almost.

Do something about it. Contact him and NUST and discuss it.

If you’d put yourself up then you could’ve said what you wanted to say.

I've joined the NUST, my backing is there and I will forward my concerns too them.

Your way is basically saying we all should individually ring talksport and local media, further enhancing the split in fans for me.

I'm behind the trust as I believe a single voice with the backing of the majority is the best way to convey our message.

And yeah I say almost as he didn't flat out say I love the Saudis and MBS is propa standup. He was challenged about their lack of morals and didn't distance himself enough.

I can have this opinion on him, I don't despise the bloke. I think he knows his involvement in anything nufc is devisive most of the time and as such should take a quieter role in it all, to avoid the Steve wraith show it always ends up as.

Don't wish to argue with anyone. My thoughts are allow the NUST to fight the cause under one banner.

I keep seeing the 360 account saying let's turn the screw, rallying calls to Mps, etc etc,

Yes at least they're doing something fair enough,but the elite in this world dont give a shit about anyone, so given the fact they're not forced to respond bothers me a bit.

And will Stavely and Ashley actually bother to drag this through court or just move on.

But, now MP's are involved, writing letters, etc. if the PL still stay silent, and don't acknowledge them at all, then it may increase the chances of this actually being raised/debated in Parliament itself, which the Petition, even with 100k of signatures still may not have achieved.

And remember, to wasn't just local MP's writing, it was MP's from further afield, who are arguing for the same transparency from the PL for all clubs, not just us.

Remember when Ashley got hauled in to speak about work practices, etc at S***** D*****? Maybe the same could happen to Hoffman and/or Masters if they maintain their 'no comment' stance.

And will Stavely and Ashley actually bother to drag this through court or just move on.

But, now MP's are involved, writing letters, etc. if the PL still stay silent, and don't acknowledge them at all, then it may increase the chances of this actually being raised/debated in Parliament itself, which the Petition, even with 100k of signatures still may not have achieved.

And remember, to wasn't just local MP's writing, it was MP's from further afield, who are arguing for the same transparency from the PL for all clubs, not just us.

Probably not like but, ya reckon the PL are being silent 'cos the O&D test is actually still ongoing and they're not saything anything because it's a confidential process?..

Probably not like but, ya reckon the PL are being silent 'cos the O&D test is actually still ongoing and they're not saything anything because it's a confidential process?..

I hope it is, but then you kinda think if it is because the talks are back on / O&D test still ongoing, then surely they could come out and say 'something' along those lines, rather than face the online and selective media flack they are getting at the moment.

Aye what happened to Ashley & Keith’s statement?

I don't think it's necessary anymore.

Why’s it not?

I'm just hypothesising. From what I heard he was due on a PR warpath this week if things remained the same. I think he's getting the answers and reassurances he wants.

Just to let you all know, this is fourth hand information (Stavely, Caulkin, ****, then me) I'm getting. It's very succinct and not very wordy at all.

Nobody is sending me updates on this, I'm actively pestering people who aren't really interested in this  :lol: On a Thursday and Friday my partner works closely with a friend of Caulkin's. I will post the updates here and you can choose to believe what I'm hearing, or not.

I mentioned this in a WhatsApp group with a couple of people from here yesterday, but the mad smiley I put in here was a genuine error. I was looking through the smileys while pissed and when I woke up the next day I had a couple of private messages on here and other places. I didn't have the heart to say anything.  :lol:

Anyway, nothing new since my last post.

Why’s it not?

I'm just hypothesising. From what I heard he was due on a PR warpath this week if things remained the same. I think he's getting the answers and reassurances he wants.

Just to let you all know, this is fourth hand information (Stavely, Caulkin, ****, then me) I'm getting. It's very succinct and not very wordy at all.

Nobody is sending me updates on this, I'm actively pestering people who aren't really interested in this  :lol: On a Thursday and Friday my partner works closely with a friend of Caulkin's. I will post the updates here and you can choose to believe what I'm hearing, or not.

I mentioned this in a WhatsApp group with a couple of people from here yesterday, but the mad smiley I put in here was a genuine error. I was looking through the smileys while pissed and when I woke up the next day I had a couple of private messages on here and other places. I didn't have the heart to say anything.  :lol:

Good man

Why’s it not?

I mentioned this in a WhatsApp group with a couple of people from here yesterday, but the mad smiley I put in here was a genuine error. I was looking through the smileys while p*ssed and when I woke up the next day I had a couple of private messages on here and other places. I didn't have the heart to say anything.  :lol:

But if it is as you said before - Staveley and the PL are in talks x 10 than before.. then this should take days/weeks?

As much as I’m no big Wraith fan in fairness to the lad he’s done as much as anyone as far as trying to get a better NUFC. Yes there is a self promotional angle but that just really shows he’s got a bit of get up and go about himself.

There’s nothing stopping anyone on here moaning about him replacing him as a spokesperson for want of a better word. Greg[/member] Heron[/member] has done it several times as have I in the past.

The U.K. media outlets for sport is basically covered nationally by BBC 5 Live and Talksport and Total Sport locally.

Ring them up and if need be say you are member of the main NUFC forum . Tell them you are available to speak to on all matters NUFC.

3 phone calls. Maybe once a week if need be until they give you a try and work out if you can speak coherently.

All well and good, but he's almost spun a pro-saudi line, and that's not helpful at all.

Well done to him for building himself up, but he does not represent me or my feelings towards nufc or this takeover.

He should have passed it over to the NUST. They should be our only vehicle to convey fans thoughts atm.

Got no problem at all with him spinning a pro Saudi line, they are big investors in Britain and the people we vote into govt spin pro Saudi BS. So cry me a river.

Got no problem at all with him spinning a pro Saudi line, they are big investors in Britain and the people we vote into govt spin pro Saudi BS. So cry me a river.

That's your prerogative mate and you do you  O0

That's your prerogative mate and you do you  O0

Cheers mate, same for you. :thup:

I hope it is, but then you kinda think if it is because the talks are back on / O&D test still ongoing, then surely they could come out and say 'something' along those lines, rather than face the online and selective media flack they are getting at the moment.

I just hope this is an ongoing thing, and at some point the consortium will be able to satisfy the PL that they can approve the takeover.  It took 8 months before the PL approved the Southampton takeover so it could be that this could rumble on for another 4 months, so we could be looking at a very nice Xmas present and an enjoyable January transfer window .  Here's hoping.

And will Stavely and Ashley actually bother to drag this through court, or just move on.

There are at least 3 versions of things that an organisation "have to" do - "have to" in the sense of what the law forces them to do; "have to" in the sense of what they are contractually required to do to comply with the agreement"; and "have to" in the sense of what it would be incredibly foolish to not do.

• "Have to" as a matter of law is anything that an organisation has to do or face a criminal sanction (jail time, fines, civil rulings, etc.)  On this front, in respect of the NUFC Takeover matter, there is likely nothing that the Premier League has to do.  Although there are some suggestions that the Premier League may be in contravention of laws around "restraint of trade" or "cartel" behaviors - these could be the basis for Ashley launching legal proceedings against the Premier League.

• "Have to" as a matter of contract law (complying with an agreement) is something they must do or risk the other party(ies) suing them for breach of contract, and demanding damages to compensate for any losses or losses of revenue.  There has been some (in my opinion, robust) suggestion that there are requirements within the O&D Test portion of the rules of the Premier League that require (must do) the league to respond and provide answers as a result of a sale of club being agreed - this may be the basis for Ashley launching action against the Premier League on the basis that those rules form part of the contractual agreement that NUFC have with the Premier League, as a member club of that league; that by not complying with those rules the Premier League have violated the terms of the contract thereby opening the opportunity for Ashley(NUFC) to sue the league for that breach of contract.

• "Have to" as a matter of risk avoidance is something that they would be foolish not to do lest a greater impact come to pass as a result of not doing it.  This is the area where pressure from the MP's, the Prime Minister, councilors, fans, and other interested parties resides.  The intention is to show the league that they have to do what is being asked of them or a greater cost will befall them (e.g. loss of sponsors, cooperation, introduction of new regulations from MP's, commissions of inquiry, etc) - that is to say that the threat is that if the League doesn't do what is being asked then, for example, MP's may commission an inquiry into foreign interference in the running of English football that may put Masters under oath for questioning (a result he would not want).

This is why NUFC fans, and the buying consortium need to be doing everything they are in parallel - it's about backing the league into a corner that makes them believe that not doing what is being asked risks a worse outcome than if they do it.  Ashley will push the first and second points hard with the league (threatening them with regulatory breach investigations and lawsuits based on commercial agreement breaches); MP's will push the first and third points (threatening investigations into regulatory breach investigations, hearings, investigations, new regulations, etc); and fans will push the third point (that the league, the league's sponsors, the league's supporters, the league's partners will all be targeted and their operations interfered with, and anything else the fans think of doing). If all of these things are done together the league may be convinced it is better to concede than to keep resisting.

Guest reefatoon

Rocker[/member] the premier league have got to you haven’t they. Masters made it his personal mission to silence you and anyone that speaks out. Nobody is safe.

I'd love to count all the predictions so far in terms of announcements since the start of the takeover. There must have been about 500 and all of them have been wrong.

Including the Premier league's own prediction  :lol:

I noted the word almost.

Do something about it. Contact him and NUST and discuss it.

If you’d put yourself up then you could’ve said what you wanted to say.

I've joined the NUST, my backing is there and I will forward my concerns too them.

Your way is basically saying we all should individually ring talksport and local media, further enhancing the split in fans for me.

I'm behind the trust as I believe a single voice with the backing of the majority is the best way to convey our message.

And yeah I say almost as he didn't flat out say I love the Saudis and MBS is propa standup. He was challenged about their lack of morals and didn't distance himself enough.

I can have this opinion on him, I don't despise the bloke. I think he knows his involvement in anything nufc is devisive most of the time and as such should take a quieter role in it all, to avoid the Steve wraith show it always ends up as.

Don't wish to argue with anyone. My thoughts are allow the NUST to fight the cause under one banner.

Good that you joined the NUST.  Forwarding your concerns is a positive step.

I’m saying the people who aren’t happy and think they can do better should give it ago. Even if you ask the NUST to brief you so you are fully prepared etc. Basically remove the dependence on them contacting Wraith by showing you are better on radio than he is with stronger more original thinking. Wraith gets the gig because he can speak confidently and has a general good knowledge of all things NUFC.

I agree that a single voice is important but unfortunately for you and a handful of others that single voice has been Wraith for many years before even Ashley came along. Producers will have him on speed dial as it’s an easy way to set up a show. I doubt he rings up demanding to be on these days.

I don’t disagree with that either but again it is tricky to fully distance yourself from it without being ignorant.

Don’t shy from an argument. You haven’t today. Even the NUST will do things you won’t fully agree with. Nothing is perfect. I just want people to be doing what they can for the cause and try to be positive of others doing likewise.

It’s things like the Immobile quote that make me realise this is dead. If PIF thought they’d be successful now you’d think they’d have given him the nod or assurances it’ll happen.

Or they're just putting any plans for potential signings & managers on hold whilst they throw all their eggs in one basket and try and push the takeover through.

Guest reefatoon

It’s things like the Immobile quote that make me realise this is dead. If PIF thought they’d be successful now you’d think they’d have given him the nod or assurances it’ll happen.

If not dead (which it probably is) then months away from any kind of decision. Definitely not for this transfer window anyway.

It doesn’t mean it’s completely dead at all. It may just not go thru in time before the window shuts. Can’t expect players to hang about