Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What would be wrong with this takeover like?

Too many people wed to the idea of the Saudis imo. I think the PL and their approach to this stinks of smoke and mirrors nigh on corrupt behaviour but the Saudis are shady as clearly too. At the end of the day - we need someone who isn’t Ashley and give a shit.

I will not let myself have any confidence a takeover is going to happen until it's actually announced as happened after premier league checks passed, and presume most takeovers who haven't yet agreed a price with ashley are not going to. They want to talk it up in media, get ashley to drop the price £100m and then maybe get a bargain. Ashley will not drop price. Once it goes to the premier league i will accept it as serious.

Whether Shearer came in as manager under a new regime or not, I'm curious as to why so many people don't rate his abilities on here? I mean, if it's solely because we were relegated after he got brought in are people remembering that it was for less games than Rafa had when we got relegated last time, eight to Rafa's ten? If I recall correctly, prior to his very brief stint, Shearer had been touted as having a great deal of potential and had passed his managerial exams at the top of his class. I'm not saying I'd prefer Shearer as manager over Rafa, or even as manager necessarily at all, I just wonder how people are coming to their opinions and what it's based on. Incidentally, as an aside, how old are people that are writing Shearer off, just wondered if it's the younger fans compared to the older fans or something.

It’s worth taking into account that he inherited an uninterested, disjointed squad that was already heading for relegation.  But the reality is the results and performances under Shearer simply weren’t good enough.  And the fact he appointed Dowie as his number 2 was a concern for me straight away.  That appointment didn’t indicate any sort of forward-thinking or innovation, he simply appointed a mate who had some managerial experience.  Also, if he was serious about management he should’ve gone elsewhere to prove himself instead of sitting on a sofa every Saturday.

Fairly sure Shearer has subsequently said he is not interested in management, and it seems they want him in some sort of ambassadorial role anyway. I am not sure he would accept if it interfered with his punditry anyway which seems to be going well (most non nufc fans I talk to used to dislike him but think he's got a lot better)

I’ll admit I’ve not bothered to look in to it to much but from just reading on here. Pretty much every article written about the group is by the group, Photoshopped pics with Obama, nonsense about owning 10,000 private jets, Michael Chopra bring a figurehead and reports of wanting Shearer as manager all just seems amateur hour.

Staveley and co had a proper vision for the club and area it’s gonna be hard for folk to accept different

I’ll admit I’ve not bothered to look in to it to much but from just reading on here. Pretty much every article written about the group is by the group, Photoshopped pics with Obama, nonsense about owning 10,000 private jets, Michael Chopra bring a figurehead and reports of wanting Shearer as manager all just seems amateur hour.

Staveley and co had a proper vision for the club and area it’s gonna be hard for folk to accept different

Meanwhile in premier league HQ, an absolute shower of amateurs is taking over newcastle? Perfect sign them up!

Listened to first 20 mins and no idea where your coming from. They are saying a lot of similar things said on here

You say this like on here we're not a bunch of gimps who haven't a clue.

Clinton is The Little Waster back under a new username.

I mean clearly anyone would be better than ashley, at least with the saudis though you knew they weren't bluffing about being loaded. If they are legitimate, even if they're not mega rich just anyone interested in running us at all reasonably is welcome. However until they have got an agreement for sale with ashley it is hot air.

I mean clearly anyone would be better than ashley, at least with the saudis though you knew they weren't bluffing about being loaded. If they are legitimate, even if they're not mega rich just anyone interested in running us at all reasonably is welcome. However until they have got an agreement for sale with ashley it is hot air.

Yep.

Oh yeah, but kinda expecting the fit and proper persons test to pass through fine the owners who are actually broke hucksters looking for something to load all their debt on

"Hey NUFC fans, I thought that's what you wanted?"

"Be careful what you wish for"

"Your expectations are too high - why would anyone with money want to own you?"

"You asked, we delivered"