Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’ve been watching too much Dark but couldn’t help relate it to this takeover. No matter what happens and who tries to save it, it will eventually lead to the same result Of failure and year after year history will repeat itself. Even in the alternate realities the takeover doesn’t happen.  :lol:

If this is a Dark spoiler I swear to christ

Cheers 😖😖

I haven't seen it yet but it's one of the next things I'm going to watch.

It just doesn’t seem PIF’s style to take legal action or purchase club without approval. As much as we’d love them to they’re not going to risk their reputation on this deal.

Our best hope remains political pressure behind the scenes to force a compromise, the PL need to be shown up as inflexible and obstructive to investment in the U.K.

What reputation? :lol: you not been paying attention? Every cunt hates the Saudis

I’ve been watching too much Dark but couldn’t help relate it to this takeover. No matter what happens and who tries to save it, it will eventually lead to the same result Of failure and year after year history will repeat itself. Even in the alternate realities the takeover doesn’t happen.  :lol:

Cheers 😖😖

Me too it’s my next week viewing when getting in at 11

It just doesn’t seem PIF’s style to take legal action or purchase club without approval. As much as we’d love them to they’re not going to risk their reputation on this deal.

Our best hope remains political pressure behind the scenes to force a compromise, the PL need to be shown up as inflexible and obstructive to investment in the U.K.

What reputation? :lol: you not been paying attention? Every c*** hates the Saudis

They might well hate them but most businesses and govts seem happy to deal with them, apart from one notable exception.

What reputation? :lol: you not been paying attention? Every c*** hates the Saudis

They might well hate them but most businesses and govts seem happy to deal with them, apart from one notable exception.

That’s totally irrelevant.

Cheers 😖😖

Me too it’s my next week viewing when getting in at 11

Thought it would be safe considering it’s been out 3 years.  :lol:

It’s brilliant btw, first few episodes are slow, but end of S1 is perfect and all of S2 is up there with the best stuff on tv this millennium.

Obviously that's a load of bollocks; but it would be fucking hilariously thick if a new regime came in and made the exact same fucking rod for their own back that the departing and detested current owners did. Appoint a legend for the cheap PR points and you leave yourself open to total and irreparable revulsion.

One would assume that said legend wouldn't be treated with the same contempt at in the Ashley/Keegan case, but it would still be a brainless move regardless, particularly if it were Shearer who has absolute no managerial resume to speak of. Would literally be safer to appoint Chopra himself.

I wouldn’t go reading too much into a website. They’ll have hired some company to do all that for them.

Populating a new website with content from shutterstock is standard practice. It doesn’t mean they don’t have a pot to piss in, just that they were in a rush to have a web presence for the new company.

But they are not PIF.. that’s for sure.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I wouldn’t go reading too much into a website. They’ll have hired some company to do all that for them.

Populating a new website with content from shutterstock is standard practice. It doesn’t mean they don’t have a pot to p*ss in, just that they were in a rush to have a web presence for the new company.

Or have they just received a substantial KSA investment... :lol::azn:

Populating a new website with content from shutterstock is standard practice. It doesn’t mean they don’t have a pot to p*ss in, just that they were in a rush to have a web presence for the new company.

Based on nothing but my gut feeling, I think this is just a Mike Ashley tactic to try and draw PIF back in.

They won’t want someone coming in to take up what they almost had (and still could)

in the face of flagging retail sales during the pandemic mike ashley offers dodgy gimps everywhere the chance to up their profile by "putting in a bid" for the club and getting some newspaper column inches in return for the "non-refundable fee" as a way to keep income coming in. as conspiracy theories go it's not my worst.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

Based on nothing but my gut feeling, I think this is just a Mike Ashley tactic to try and draw PIF back in.

They won’t want someone coming in to take up what they almost had (and still could)

They'll see through that shite with their eyes closed

That’s totally irrelevant.

Not really I said PIF would not want to suffer any further damage to reputation, you said every cnut hates the Saudis.

I think your reply was the irrelevant one.

Obviously that's a load of bollocks; but it would be f***ing hilariously thick if a new regime came in and made the exact same f***ing rod for their own back that the departing and detested current owners did. Appoint a legend for the cheap PR points and you leave yourself open to total and irreparable revulsion.

One would assume that said legend wouldn't be treated with the same contempt at in the Ashley/Keegan case, but it would still be a brainless move regardless, particularly if it were Shearer who has absolute no managerial resume to speak of. Would literally be safer to appoint Chopra himself.

Arteta, Pirlo, and Lampard have lots of experience right? Bollocks it is a sign of time to hire club legends without any experience.