Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

LRD[/member]

Thoughts on this bid?

Still in the information-gathering stage. I have not heard of them even a week ago but they are in the top three mainstream media - ST, CNA in the past 2 days and Zaobao, the top local Chinese language newspaper two years ago. The latter mentions they wanted to maintain low profiles so that could be why we don't read much about them.

Avid sports fans, contributes to charities. But then Peter Lim is also that, and I hate for us to be another Valencia.

Currently at the "be careful what you wish for" stage. Even if I want Ashley out.

That's fine for knowing little about them as individuals, but it doesn't explain why nobody can find out anything about their business. It's pretty hard to run a business without a public profile for it. :lol:

The same was said about Mauriss - "Oh, maybe he just stays out the limelight" - Fine, but tell me about ClearTV then?

Like Howard Hughes was the biggest recluse of all, but everyone knew what Hughes Aircraft Company did, what their product was and had a good idea of their revenues.

They're photoshopping pictures of them with Obama, claiming they have 10,000 private jets and putting in bids they know full well won't be accepted.

Fair enough, anything is better than Ashley but there's a bunch of red flags going up here.

They're photoshopping pictures of them with Obama, claiming they have 10,000 private jets and putting in bids they know full well won't be accepted.

Fair enough, anything is better than Ashley but there's a bunch of red flags going up here.

"No Red Flags" :lol:

£280m. :lol:

Doubt they've got £280.

If they really exist I'd immediately have more respect for them if they're hardballing Ashley. Different for PiF for obvious reasons but any normal bidder should be trying to get the club for the best price not filling Ashley's pockets with whatever he asks for

LRD[/member]

Thoughts on this bid?

Still in the information-gathering stage. I have not heard of them even a week ago but they are in the top three mainstream media - ST, CNA in the past 2 days and Zaobao, the top local Chinese language newspaper two years ago. The latter mentions they wanted to maintain low profiles so that could be why we don't read much about them.

Avid sports fans, contributes to charities. But then Peter Lim is also that, and I hate for us to be another Valencia.

Currently at the "be careful what you wish for" stage. Even if I want Ashley out.

That's fine for knowing little about them as individuals, but it doesn't explain why nobody can find out anything about their business. It's pretty hard to run a business without a public profile for it. :lol:

The same was said about Mauriss - "Oh, maybe he just stays out the limelight" - Fine, but tell me about ClearTV then?

Like Howard Hughes was the biggest recluse of all, but everyone knew what Hughes Aircraft Company did, what their product was and had a good idea of their revenues.

Well, that too. Which is why I am less than enthusiatic over this takeover story.

Breaking my nine-year posting duck to offer some light reading on the cousins.

https://www.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/interviews/roulette-spin-leads-cousins-leave-jobs-now-run-asias-largest-medical-aesthetics-chain/

Some other snippets:

1) Although Singaporeans, the Loh cousins are related to one of China's richest car dealers. President Xi Jinping attended the auld geezer's funeral when he passed on, which is saying something.

2) Evangeline Shen is the newcomer - from China and prior to the merger with the DORR group (named after Danny Ocean and whoever was Brad Pitt's character in Ocean's 11), she was running, get this, a jewellery distributorship.

3) The cousins were big in the healthcare market and very likely made a killing from the sale of PPEs and other medical essentials, especially in China, in the Covid crisis.

4) Their "publicist" (for the Bellagraph Novia group), Claire Jedrek, is quite well-known in Singapore. Married to an F1 driver and quite an active driver herself. She's on instagram if you want to venture there and maybe ask a few questions.

Looking up the Lohs in their previous capacity as founders of the DORR Group throws up a good deal more insight than looking up "Bellagraph Novia". This new entity sounds dodgy as fuck, and the standard of English sounds like it was cooked up in China.

Does that give any insight as to the seriousness of the gang in buying NUFC and taking it forward as a club and city? Fuck knows. The only potential positive is that they could be flush with Chinese money, or acting as frontmen for minted (but shadowy) Chinese interests. If you read the article the cousins seem like the types to gamble on unorthodox investments. If you ask me though, it certainly does smack of the lady partner showboating for attention, then thereafter lowballing Mike to scupper the deal.

And for a taste of the men behind the takeover attempt. Turns out their uncle in China wasn't merely a car dealer - he was also Vice-Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Committee.

In before the PL insists on having President of the Peoples Republic of China Xi Jinping named as the Director of NUFC.

And for a taste of the men behind the takeover attempt. Turns out their uncle in China wasn't merely a car dealer - he was also Vice-Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Committee.

In before the PL insists on having President of the Peoples Republic of China Xi Jinping named as the Director of NUFC.

Hope one of them questions in the Jar was why can't you afford a pair of socks?

What a bunch of fickle cnuts, never nice to see people move on from a relationship so quickly. Just wait until Mandy shacks up with Leeds or the Mackems, oh we’ll be fucking sorry for having our heads turned by this younger bit stuff.