Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What would be wrong with this takeover like?

Their entire online persona was created in the last 2 months and almost all of it was just written by themselves.

They claim to have 10,000 private jets. I work in aviation all around the world - they don't, I've never heard of them. The tweet claiming all these jets used shutterstock imagery rather than one of their supposed 10,000 private planes, seems they like I couldn't even find 1 of them.

The woman looks like she did at some point meet Obama at some function or other, but they've taken legitimate photos of her and him and photoshopped others in and into different locations.

It just screams "dodgy as fuck" and "publicity stunt". Clearly just a bunch of penniless chancers and by the looks of what they've done so far, borderline fraudsters. Or at the very least, fantacists.

I really don't fancy the idea of Shearer being manager. He'll probably appoint Bruce as head coach or something.  In his last spell he appointed Iain  Dowie  who was another donkey

Similar feelings. Also I want someone who is proven to be successful in management.

Guest reefatoon

Have a feeling the Premier league would let any old cunt takeover as long as it stops all the hoo haa around the Saudi bid.

The test is supposed to be there to protect the club being purchased.  No doubt the saudis will be knocked back and well end up with some fraud that piles on debt and we end up like Portsmouth.

Yup. Takeover that could genuinely progress the club is knocked back due to concerns that turn just as geopolitical as football-related. Then they rush through someone without the public controversy to say 'here you go; you got what you wanted' but they have nowhere near the finances/nous and the club gets run in to the ground. Just feels like the inevitable conclusion if a takeover were to happen now.

The test is supposed to be there to protect the club being purchased.  No doubt the saudis will be knocked back and well end up with some fraud that piles on debt and we end up like Portsmouth.

Yup. Takeover that could genuinely progress the club is knocked back due to concerns that turn just as geopolitical as football-related. Then they rush through someone without the public controversy to say 'here you go; you got what you wanted' but they have nowhere near the finances/nous and the club gets run in to the ground. Just feels like the inevitable conclusion if a takeover were to happen now.

Yep, well spend a shit load and it'll all look rosy then we'll get relegated, fail to come back up and be unable to service the debt and go into administration.  Administration within 4 years is my prediction.

Listened to first 20 mins and no idea where your coming from. They are saying a lot of similar things said on here

You say this like on here we're not a bunch of gimps who haven't a clue.

Clinton is The Little Waster back under a new username.

Explains a lot

Without wanting to jump on the misery train (even though that’s exactly what i’m doing), this is what i can see happening aswell.

Without wanting to jump on the misery train (even though that’s exactly what i’m doing), this is what i can see happening aswell.

Oh well. Even easier to walk away then.

Got to the anyone but Ashley stage now. Something that just isn't the same boring, monotonous bilge.

Also the idea of Shearer coming in as manager is a non starter for me. Arteta and Lampard have had some experience either at a Championship club or working under one of the most successful managers in the world. Only way I think it would be worth a shot is if he's brought in as a number 2 or a coach under a successful manager. Whether he'd take that I don't know.

Shields Gazette reporting that BN group have made an offer of £280m, and they're apparently at "an advanced stage". Surely they can only be at an advanced stage if their offer has been accepted? Looks like Henry Mauriss has well and truly vanished into thin air, taking his £350m bid with him...

Ignoring the fact it's a non-starter anyway, I wouldn't even want to guess the kind of sum Shearer would need to be offered to consider moving from punditry in to football management. It's clear he's not interested or he would've tried it even just one more time since his stint with us. Ignoring the lack of experience and the concerns of who he seems to rate in football management (bringing Dowie as he number two, didn't he majorly rate Souness too?), the lack of interest alone should be enough to not want to pursue him.

Seeing as though Ashley tried to get more money out of the Consortium, i'd imagine they'll get a short, sharp "fuck off" for offering £280 million.

Depends on how desperate he is I guess. I'm sure they could sell a few thousand aircraft to make up the difference.

... and why am I talking about this like it's credible!