Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Cheesy Beans

This will be the PL’s ‘we tried’ moment.

They can claim they were forced into accepting it upon appeal and look like they were backed into a corner.

It’s on, as it always has been, I await @9Shearergol[/member]’s grovelling apology for our exchange a few weeks back.

Guest neesy111

They can claim they were forced into accepting it upon appeal and look like they were backed into a corner.

It’s on, as it always has been, I await @9Shearergol[/member]’s grovelling apology for our exchange a few weeks back.

God you talk absolute shite in every post.

Guest Cheesy Beans

God you talk absolute s**** in every post.

Apart from the fact I’ve now been proven right? :lol: Okay, petal.

So much for “the Premier League were about to pass it but Ashley started playing games...”

Would love to see PCP and co own the club one day but sadly think it’s dead in the water. Hopefully Masters and Keys’ mate resign on the back of this mess at the least. Scumbags.

Part of me thinking this goes thru on appeal and other part of me thinks it’s done and a lengthy court case won’t come to much

Keep the fucking faith, we’ve waited this long I can wait a bit more, this is fucking still on, one day , one day  O0

Very morbidly curious to see what happens when Ashley's parasitic legal team (maybe supported softly by the Saudi state?) take on the corrupt PL/Qatari juggernaut in a court battle.  :lol: Amazing.

Part of me thinking this goes thru on appeal and other part of me thinks it’s done and a lengthy court case won’t come to much

Any chance that the PL knows that they cant legally block the sale, but decides to reject it knowing they will lose an appeal just so that they can give beIn/top clubs/human right activists the "we tried" speech?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Any chance that the PL knows that they cant legally block the sale, but decides to reject it knowing they will lose an appeal just so that they can give beIn/top clubs/human right activists the "we tried" speech?

:snod:

Statement makes you wonder when the PL officially rejected the takeover. If recent, which the statement doesn't say but which would be logical given the timing of it, makes you wonder why. The PL didn't have to officially reject the proposal did they, with PIF publicly claiming they had lost interest? The PL had ridden the storm and a new season beckons, so why bring it upon themselves to reject it now and invite formal appeals when they could have just let it die a slow and silent death by doing nothing as they have been doing for the past half year basically?

Something fishy going on. I don't want to be overly optimistic, but from the tone of that statement this is far from over.