Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Frankly I think the whole thing is theatre from all parties:

• PL don't want to be seen as being complicit in "sportswashing" so they couldn't approve.
  • An immediate rejection ran the risk of being resolved before the season started and we would have become too strong.
  • A deal was struck between PL, PIF, Stavely, RB, NUFC et al that the PL would dawde until it was too late and then reject
  • However, the deal also outlined that the PL would now hand over (guaranteed) approval to the appeals committee, an even more opaque and impenetrable group/process, thus saving face
  • The Big Six shadow cabal has approved this plan of action and the 2020/2021 season script setting up for NUFC ascension is wild.

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

• PL don't want to be seen as being complicit in "sportswashing" so they couldn't approve.
  • An immediate rejection ran the risk of being resolved before the season started and we would have become too strong.
  • A deal was struck between PL, PIF, Stavely, RB, NUFC et al that the PL would dawde until it was too late and then reject
  • However, the deal also outlined that the PL would now hand over (guaranteed) approval to the appeals committee, an even more opaque and impenetrable group/process, thus saving face
  • The Big Six shadow cabal has approved this plan of action and the 2020/2021 season script setting up for NUFC ascension is wild.

Doesn’t fit with Caulkin’s cryptic tweets though.

Been trying to catch on last few pages.... Has anything been said about why the pl have rejected it now?  Thought this was dying a slow death. Surely in their interest just to ignore it (like they have been) and concentrate on new season, getting some fans back in etc.  Why open themsel up to possible legal action?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Caulkin is either playing dumb or this is being conducted in total secrecy and he’s getting no tip offs.

At least he’s quite clear that he doesn’t know.

Best thing about this announcement for me is the fact that the pricks who were buzzing off constantly telling everyone that the deal was dead and buried were wrong.

My view was that they probably were talking in the background but they wouldn’t find a way to get it passed as the PL wouldn’t budge on their stance and that’s proven to be the case, It’s now been officially rejected. I don’t get the crowing of the ‘it’s still on’ crowd.

Bar a lengthy court case or appeal process at this moment the deal has been rejected. Dead

There's a appeals process before any legal battle.  But I think the crowing is firstly because this is proof that the whole "Its dead and nobody is still talking" claims for the last few weeks have been proven to be wrong.  Secondly because a conclusion is always better than none.  A formal rejection at least allows the possibility of recourse.  I think it's clear the Premier League have tried their best over the last several months to allow no recourse by refusing to make that final decision.  Now they've been forced to do that.  Before it was limbo and no certainly of the deal even being on or off.  Now we have a confusion and the possibility of appeals and challenges.  In the world of no hope that is NUFC even a long shot is worth crowing about.

I'm also 3 sheets to the wind at 5pm on a wednesday, I wouldn't sweat that post too much

It’s all part of the plan. Premier league have told them they will initially reject it but it will fly through on appeal, so we will just go through the motions. In the meantime the new owners have been bringing in the new players ready for the appeal approval. Solved it. The sneaky bastards.

They could have spent a bit more then, the greedy twats  :whistle:

His tweets are pretty clear. Talks have been going on behind the scenes. PIF came back to table. PL rejected the takeover and here we are

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Yea I’m a bit baffled by this. That’s how I see it too.

His tweets are pretty clear. Talks have been going on behind the scenes. PIF came back to table. PL rejected the takeover and here we are

What’s this suggestion then of the consortium being confident of approval and THEN this statement comes out, out of the blue? It’s all very weird.

The fact that this all happened out of the public eye is a positive. They still want it to happen, they’re prepared to appeal it, we’ll get there in the end.