Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

News today or tomorrow...

We’re still waiting...

Give it to Friday...

Give over man. Don't do this to those who are already on the edge. Banter has a limit. You just never know when someone finally caves in when we're joking around.

Guest Howaythetoon

We’re still waiting...

Give it to Friday...

Give over man. Don't do this to those who are already on the edge. Banter has a limit. You just never know when someone finally caves in when we're joking around.

Read your pre edit post, seriously, if anyone is sad enough to harm themselves over any post on here never mind one of mine and above all else matters concerning NUFC then they need fucking looked at. Although I won’t lie, I’ve been suicidal a few times watching Bruce ball...

Anyway, good things are coming our way, we just need to be patient and let the people involved do what it takes/is needed. We will see the end of Ashley soon fingers crossed!

We’re still waiting...

Give it to Friday...

Read your pre edit post, seriously, if anyone is sad enough to harm themselves over any post on here never mind one of mine and above all else matters concerning NUFC then they need f***ing looked at. Although I won’t lie, I’ve been suicidal a few times watching Bruce ball...

Anyway, good things are coming our way, we just need to be patient and let the people involved do what it takes/is needed. We will see the end of Ashley soon fingers crossed!

Well I did think my pre edit post was over the top hence the edit but you never know. Some unthinkable things have happened and for all of our sanity, it would probably be best not to say things we aren't sure of. Monday, Tuesday, give it to Friday? You should have just gone with saying be patient. Wouldn't agitate others too much.

Guest Howaythetoon

We’re still waiting...

Give it to Friday...

Read your pre edit post, seriously, if anyone is sad enough to harm themselves over any post on here never mind one of mine and above all else matters concerning NUFC then they need f***ing looked at. Although I won’t lie, I’ve been suicidal a few times watching Bruce ball...

Well I did think my pre edit post was over the top hence the edit but you never know. Some unthinkable things have happened and for all of our sanity, it would probably be best not to say things we aren't sure of. Monday, Tuesday, give it to Friday? You should have just gone with saying be patient. Wouldn't agitate others too much.

Those who know me know me, others that don’t don’t, not my fault. Personally whatever I know or don’t, bullshit or legit, I’m 100% positive we will be taken over very soon and Ashley will be no more here at our beloved club, I’m convinced.

We’re still waiting...

Give it to Friday...

Your soon, Friday 3pm, This week...... are really tasteless. If you were someone irrelevant I would have tolerate it but you are not so try to act like your previous reputation.

Decent response from Rishi Sunak to a fans letter, I do think this was a good play by the NCSL and is keeping it in the political arena -

‘I am aware that Newcastle United have confirmed they have launched legal proceedings against the Premier League following the failed takeover bid by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.

'Unfortunately, I am not in a position to comment on these proceedings, but I hope they can be appropriately resolved in a timely manner.

'Lastly, I am writing to let you know that I have contacted the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to bring all these matters to their attention and raise with them all the points you have made in your email.

'I have asked for a formal government reply on the matter and I will, of course, let you know as soon as I have received a response.

‘Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If there is anything I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch.'

Kennedy on podcast with some interesting insights

We should hear more within 2 weeks

Fathima and De Marco are only scratching the surface. The legal team is huge.

Very positive about good outcome

PIF ready to go

I'm sorry, I can't help it . . . reading that is just G R E A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(HOPE it's true . . . )

PIF ready to go

Yeah, listened to it myself. He did sound quite positive tonight. Said something like he thinks we probably will have new owners by the end of the season.

I think we're just going to have to get used to these long periods of no news though as it's in the hands of the QC's now.

PIF ready to go

I'm sorry, I can't help it . . . reading that is just G R E A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(HOPE it's true . . . )

Wow

PIF ready to go

Yeah, listened to it myself. He did sound quite positive tonight. Said something like he thinks we probably will have new owners by the end of the season.

I think we're just going to have to get used to these long periods of no news though as it's in the hands of the QC's now.

I can't begin to imagine how much this is costing.

With all the expenditure, there's going to be some awkward conversations if it's ultimately unsuccessful.