Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just read GolfMags tweets and doesn’t really make much sense. It sounds more to me that Ashley’s lawyers haven’t passed on the relevant information from the buyers. Doubt he could just decide to no longer sell it to the Saudis.

It always has been, and still is wise, to assume Ashley has the power to fuck this all up. The last 13 years should have taught people this at the very least. That and that 'buying parties' cannot be taken at their word also. So whether it's Ashley or the buyers holding this up, nobody should be the slightest bit surprised.

Hold on.

Why would the PL be working with Ashley. Either the test passes or fails. Why would PL - under pressure from MPs, Media, Fans - not just pass/fail the test, and leave the rest to the buyers/sellers?

Makes no sense.

Not true

Hold on.

Why would the PL be working with Ashley. Either the test passes or fails. Why would PL - under pressure from MPs, Media, Fans - not just pass/fail the test, and leave the rest to the buyers/sellers?

Makes no sense.

Not true

Pretty sure it was established early on that requests by the PL for additional information were sent to the club for clarification (i.e. Ashley). Which seems stupid and counterintuitive, but apparently that’s the process.

Hold on.

Makes no sense.

Not true

Yeah, this was all discussed months ago. The questions and answers go through Ashley.

Didn’t Caulkin say that any correspondence goes through the current owners first and they then have to contact the buyers ?

He did. Which is fucking remarkable. Makes no sense on any level; commercial, moral, logistical or financial.

Guest Howaythetoon

Because he’s the owner still and they will need information from him still?

For me there is no real holdup, just the ongoing reality that is the process still and it will all be concluded soon. Another day, another week, isn’t a holdup, just part of the process.

Anything inbetween is conjecture, rumours, hearsay and mostly absolute bull shit, again no-one knows anything and I highly doubt there has been anything leaked by anyone involved in this and that’s why the likes of Luke who’s talking bull shit again Edwards number #163893 is bringing shit up, because there is nothing in it when another day passes without confirmation or a week. Nothing! He just wants to stir shit, get clicks and try and stay somewhat relevant as an informed source when in reality he’s probably less informed than fucking Richard nonce hands Keys or even window licking Ryder.

Ignore them all.

Not GolfMag, but don’t read too much into the minute of it all.

It will happen soon, I’m 100% confident :thup:

Didn’t Caulkin say that any correspondence goes through the current owners first and they then have to contact the buyers ?

He did. Which is fucking remarkable. Makes no sense on any level; commercial, moral, logistical or financial.

Of course it makes sense. Ashley is a member and a "passed" (fuck knows how) director. PIF are not. The PL has a relationship and obligation to Ashley, not to whoever he's trying to sell to.

Of course it makes sense. Ashley is a member and a "passed" (fuck knows how) director. PIF are not. The PL has a relationship and obligation to Ashley, not to whoever he's trying to sell to.

Nah Chris what Minhosa is saying is that it doesn’t make sense for the club’s attorneys to be the middle person for questions directly related to the acquisition with respect to questions only PIF is able to answer. In theory if Barnes is forwarded or on these correspondence he could easily pass on information (breaking confidentiality) to someone not involved or competing to buy.

In any case I’ve been on both sides of deals related to M&A and I’ve never in my life seen a process conducted like this - more so the league wanting clarification from PIF on something, so sends email to MA’s attorneys, and then those attorneys reach out to PIF and so on. That is not market practices imo.