Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Might be a case that its approved, but the buyer isn't going to announce until cash is transferred. From the PL side its all going through the club, so the hold up is with the club, not the buyer, when really its just timing.

Just like SA like to do business.

Yes, yes I definitely like this possible scenario.

I know nothing but if it was signed off and the funds were not yet completed to Ashley then it would tick all the boxes of what GolfMag is saying.  I will of course be way off but all positives have to be grabbed.

Might be a case that its approved, but the buyer isn't going to announce until cash is transferred. From the PL side its all going through the club, so the hold up is with the club, not the buyer, when really its just timing.

Just like SA like to do business.

Yes, yes I definitely like this possible scenario.

:lol: It's what is going to allow me to sleep tonight so i'm sticking with it also.

If Ashley scuppers this deal and either him or Mauriss own the club next season, there’ll still be 52,000 people showing up.

They will, but long term crowds will die off.  They already have in reality.  A good percentage even now only turn up because they aren't paying. As long as they continue to give free tickets away they can keep the "support" up. But the percentage of free to paying customers will increase year on year until its unsustainable.  At the moment the loss is only temporary, the fanbase is still there they just can't support the slow death of their club. But that'll change eventually.  Lack of passion by current fans who actively stop supporting will effect the number of new fans coming in.  It'll all dwindled into fuck all eventually unless the club is brought back into something worth supporting, and ASAP.

Golfmag further tweets that he's been told the hold up is probably Ashley....

What's the alternative? Buyers delaying transferring the money?

Buyers waiting to have a manager, couple of players and money transferred before announcing anything. Ashley told to hang fire.

(why am i doing this to myself, ffs)

Clearly Mauriss, with Qatari backing, has offered £350m instead of the £300m from PIF so Ashley is wanting to take that instead. That'll be BeIN's "fuck you" to the Saudis.

I say Qatari backing, it'll just be a loan until he leverages that debt against the value of the club and fucks us over for decades.

Golfmag is real deal. I don’t want to say again, if you don’t believe him you may as well ignore every ITK here.

What I wonder is whether EPL would publicly announce pass or fail or not after testing is done? Surely if it’s Ashley who holds up the deal then the testing should be done already which is definitely good news.  But then I wonder why EPL say nothing in this regard.

I am more inclined that his source is wrong and it’s the buyer that hasn’t provide the answer to EPL which holds up the deal.

Or its the club (Ashley), who hasn't provided the answers to the PL on behalf of the buyer.  Which would explain how the test hasn't passed yet but the delay is considered to be Ashley/the club and not to test itself.  The questions and answers do apparently go through the club after all.

Just a wild guess of course.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Ashley’s final act. Delaying the takeover until the transfer window closes. His final fuck you to the fans.

His final fuck you to the fans was giving away free season tickets when he knew he was selling up so the ashley-boycoutters couldn't get their seats back.

So tonight with itk's we've found out that a decision is due this week and that Ashley is currently delaying the deal even though he absolutely wants to sell the club.

Definitely possible that it's been passed and Ashley is waiting to receive the money before it being confirmed.  :cool:

Clearly Mauriss, with Qatari backing, has offered £350m instead of the £300m from PIF so Ashley is wanting to take that instead. That'll be BeIN's "f*** you" to the Saudis.

I say Qatari backing, it'll just be a loan until he leverages that debt against the value of the club and f***s us over for decades.

I think the 300 million agreed deal is incorrect, seen a couple of journos suggest it’s actually 340 million. Which would tie in with amount of deposit paid to Ashley.

Clearly Mauriss, with Qatari backing, has offered £350m instead of the £300m from PIF so Ashley is wanting to take that instead. That'll be BeIN's "fuck you" to the Saudis.

I say Qatari backing, it'll just be a loan until he leverages that debt against the value of the club and fucks us over for decades.

I thought the offer was £340 million hence the 17m deposit which is 5%

Ashley surely knows that the Mauriss ‘bid’ is bollocks

Can just picture the yank in a cold sweat, his mrs asking what's up and him panicking del boy style going "that fat limey is going to call me wanting to do a deal! FFS! Did he not see i was only kidding! "

Surely the Mauriss deal is a red herring. How would he ever pass O&D Test? How could he evidence the funding source? Everything would need to start from scratch. Could be Ashley using any break in exclusivity to leverage Mauriss ‘bid’ to squeeze more out of the Saudis? What’s a few million when you’re worth billions after all?

Clearly Mauriss, with Qatari backing, has offered £350m instead of the £300m from PIF so Ashley is wanting to take that instead. That'll be BeIN's "f*** you" to the Saudis.

I say Qatari backing, it'll just be a loan until he leverages that debt against the value of the club and f***s us over for decades.

I thought the offer was £340 million hence the 17m deposit which is 5%

I thought that was the original price but Ashley lowered it in order to get the deal done once covid became a thing.

There won't even be any funding, it's just a ploy to get the Saudis to decisively walk away, once they're out the picture, this 'bid' will disappear like so many attempts before it.

It's just to ensure the Saudis don't own the club

Surely the Mauriss deal is a red herring. How would he ever pass O&D Test? How could he evidence the funding source? Everything would need to start from scratch. Could be Ashley using any break in exclusivity to leverage Mauriss ‘bid’ to squeeze more out of the Saudis? What’s a few million when you’re worth billions after all?

You're somewhat missing the point: The Qataris don't give two shots about whether Mauriss actually buys Newcastle. :lol:

They just need to stop the Saudis buying us. Ashley rejecting PIF for Mauriss achieves that, even if Mauriss then fails the tests. The Qataris also don't care if there's court action later between Ashley and PIF. They only have one aim, and dangling an extra few million in front of Ashley achieves that because he'll be swayed by £s, as always.