Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I just can't see him willingly turning down millions of pounds extra without checking every last way to ensure that he has no other choice but to do so, because of the kind of person he is.

He's not the kind of person to say "No Mr Mauriss, a deal's a deal, I am a man of my word and cannot break that to these Saudi gentlemen". :lol:

Totally agree Chris. We cannot just assume he's sat there waiting for his coin to drop. He would've been scheming, conspiring and manipulating his side of the deal right the way through this process imho.

The only thing guaranteed with that fat cunt is that all he'll care about is his best interests.

There is even less chance of Mauriss passing the test so he won't be getting any extra cash off him.

But he'd get a 2nd non-returnable deposit out of it. He could be £35million up and still own the club. And it would only cost the Qataris £17milion to upset the Saudi apple cart.

I just can't see him willingly turning down millions of pounds extra without checking every last way to ensure that he has no other choice but to do so, because of the kind of person he is.

He's not the kind of person to say "No Mr Mauriss, a deal's a deal, I am a man of my word and cannot break that to these Saudi gentlemen". :lol:

Totally agree Chris. We cannot just assume he's sat there waiting for his coin to drop. He would've been scheming, conspiring and manipulating his side of the deal right the way through this process imho.

The only thing guaranteed with that fat cunt is that all he'll care about is his best interests.

There is even less chance of Mauriss passing the test so he won't be getting any extra cash off him.

But he'd get a 2nd non-returnable deposit out of it. He could be £35million up and still own the club. And it would only cost the Qataris £17milion to upset the Saudi apple cart.

ha he would not get the deposit if he pulled out the sale man

again trying to be positive but this could be as simple as the funds being on their way and all parties waiting for it to clear in Ashley's bank account with Ashley being the one that has to say it's complete.

and then again, nothing is simple under Sports Direct United.

He probably just wants to squeeze a bit more out of the deal from his own point of view. Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to keep the £17m deposit and still get his £300m on top. As a thank you for being so compliant going between the PL and PIF or something just as daft as that. He always wants to win the deal.

Got absolutely no reason to not believe Golfy either, he doesn't bullshit.

Yup and yup.

Didn't someone (Caulkin?) say the funds were sat in a UK bank? If so, the transfer would be instant. I can't see that they've got £300m sat in a Saudi bank and are happy to just wait another week for an international money transfer. That seems pointless. Especially as the Ruebens could pay £300m on their own to avoid the delay.

ha he would not get the deposit if he pulled out the sale man

I never mentioned him pulling out. If the Saudis are outbid they may well pull out.

As I was typing they've done just that.