Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

So the government tried to intervene and still it didn't go through. Why is anyone confident it will now? 

Wait for the arbitration that’s all we can do. Let’s see if legally PIF are separate from the state. It does not matter what people say or think if they are or not, it’s what legally can be proven. Win the arbitration and it goes through. The leaks this week are off the scale and I honestly think we’re on the back straight for a arbitration decision.

Edited by et tu brute

If this was any other industry would this have been stopped because of things outside of what that company does? 

For example, if they wanted to buy a middling supermarket chain promising thousands of jobs, better affordable produce, etc. Would the head of that industry stall things because of who’s name is on the company? Or if they were to buy a train company and made luxurious trains, more reliable and on time more often, would the same happen there or would they stop it Richard Branson kicked up a fuss because he’d lose out? 

Just seems fucking shit.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

It really looks like Masters and Hoffman were acting on the strict instructions of the top 6 to stall the deal long enough for it not to happen.

Let's see what happens to those two after this sorry situation is over.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

It really looks like Masters and Hoffman were acting on the strict instructions of the top 6 to stall the deal long enough for it not to happen.

Let's see what happens to those two after this sorry situation is over.

If sufficient evidence could be gathered to prove this in a court room, then I suspect the Premier League, Masters, Hoffman, and the "top 6" could also be pursued under anti-cartel/competition laws & regulations.

3 minutes ago, Montey said:

If sufficient evidence could be gathered to prove this in a court room, then I suspect the Premier League, Masters, Hoffman, and the "top 6" could also be pursued under anti-cartel/competition laws & regulations.

I think either way win or lose,  both of them won't be working at the Premier League come Christmas, both have done their job as instructed and will be off with nixe golden handshakes and bloated pension pots.

1 hour ago, Montey said:

This would simply be glorious.

A scan of news now this morning definitely has a lot of pro takeover articles.  Is someone leaking/putting out info in a coordinated attempt to discredit the premier league?

Obviously you can’t deny Bin Salman’s involvement as chairman of PIF, but it’s not the same as him owning the club or being directly involved in its day to day business. And I don’t see the uproar about their other investments on the same level. They’re one of the richest investment funds in the world so naturally they will invest in large businesses used in the western world. Granted their Uber share is only 5%, but the investment was over ten times the size in value. How much of a fuss is kicked up in the media about all the Saudi money that goes into such a successful taxi company?

34 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Obviously you can’t deny Bin Salman’s involvement as chairman of PIF, but it’s not the same as him owning the club or being directly involved in its day to day business. And I don’t see the uproar about their other investments on the same level. They’re one of the richest investment funds in the world so naturally they will invest in large businesses used in the western world. Granted their Uber share is only 5%, but the investment was over ten times the size in value. How much of a fuss is kicked up in the media about all the Saudi money that goes into such a successful taxi company?

Surely it comes back to the fact that Saudi openly pirated* premier league TV?

*Did nothing to stop the pirating of it anyway.

15 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I pirate Premier League TV through my Amazon Firestick, as well hundreds of thousands of others no doubt. Amazon literally make no attempt to block these illegal apps that you can download onto your firestick which you can basically do in under a minute. They are one of the Premier Leagues broadcasting partners yet they still don't make any attempt to stop you doing it.

5 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I wondered what the reference to September was in De Marco’s tweet yesterday, this makes a little sense of it.

I’m the most optimistic person behind manorpark in relation to takeover, however this is due to mussels always being at there best when the month finishes with ‘ber’ at the end. I do however think he knows the correct spelling of ‘leeks’. 

Edited by Whitley mag

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m the most optimistic person behind manorpark in relation to takeover, however this is due to mussels always being at there best when the month finishes with ‘ber’ at the end. I do however think he knows the correct spelling of ‘leeks’. 

So are we taking Caulkin seriously or does he know little to nothing?

Edited by FloydianMag

29 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Never read the article mate haven’t got an Athletic subscription anymore. Caulkin is close to Staveley so I presume she would know if arbitration had begun.

39 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

He is most definitely to be taken seriously. People like to claim he got made a fool of in the summer but he didn't. He reported the situation as Amanda understood it - he's said numerous times that he has contact with her - and then the takeover was Grand Old Duked.

I do think he's erred on the side of caution though since the summer and he seems less willing to speculate. If he's putting out dates now he's most likely got good reason for believing so. Depressing.

EDIT: Having re-read Geroge's quote in context, I don't think he's saying Spetember. I think it just means "as thing stand, without an arbritration hearing", but now we know a hearing is likely to happen soon. Meltdown averted.

:saylor:

Edited by Candi_Hills

Arbitration (or even an agreement before arbitration) won't take place before we're mathematically safe.

If we were sitting comfortably in the table, we would've had a resolution either way.

As soon as it was probable (or even likely) we were going to be relegated, everything was paused.

Pointless for two very expensive legal teams fighting for a PL takeover when it may not even be necessary. 

Edited by Rocker

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah I think it does but the media outrage seems more to do with human rights issues.

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

He is most definitely to be taken seriously. People like to claim he got made a fool of in the summer but he didn't. He reported the situation as Amanda understood it - he's said numerous times that he has contact with her - and then the takeover was Grand Old Duked.

I do think he's erred on the side of caution though since the summer and he seems less willing to speculate. If he's putting out dates now he's most likely got good reason for believing so. Depressing.

Aye he got some amount of shit for the no red flags comment but we are hearing today even Boris Johnson was told it was days away from being done 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Oh joy

Is this not saying in the current state [of no arbritation taking place] we'll still have MA in charge next season? As opposed to saying it'll not be before August till we get a takeover. 

I'm sure I read Arbritation is a very quick process once it starts. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Is this not saying in the current state [of no arbritation taking place] we'll still have MA in charge next season? As opposed to saying it'll not be before August till we get a takeover. 

I'm sure I read Arbritation is a very quick process once it starts. 

Pretty pointless article then. We all know Ashley remains in place if no arbitration :lol: