Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

So the cycle of negative media coverage is ramped up again after months and months of hiatus. The Ronny Gill have definitely poked the bear 🐻 🤣

If it is then it means something is happening in the background. Also mint for the press and government as they can tell the public to look at this, whilst doing something dodgy as people aren’t paying attention.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If it is then it means something is happening in the background. Also mint for the press and government as they can tell the public to look at this, whilst doing something dodgy as people aren’t paying attention.

Fingers crossed that it all ends the way we hope. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

At this point in the takeover 'saga' Disney have bought the rights and the next year is going to see the same storyline repeated and sold to fans as something different. 

They will have the movie released by the end of the year, then next year the sequel will be out ‘The buyback’.

I see the Saudis deny today’s stories and are getting dragged thru the press again. Hope they don’t get fed up of it and walk away. Supposedly the reason they haven’t officially came back up table as they don’t want it played out in public. Not good all of this 

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Netflix have missed a trick here. Imagine those cameras following our club for the past year. 🤤

It would be the greatest sports direct advertising vehicle since the beginning of time. 

29 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Wish he would just sell it to someone like Palotta instead. Feeling more and more like it's more trouble than it's worth all this shite.

Aye I just want a takeover. All this is soul destroying and feels like we will soon be selling our soul if it goes thru. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

As much as I hate Saudi Arabia I don't think there's much option. You can't hold out for an owner who's a good person, fans don't have that luxury. Sadly football has sold its soul already, any particular club can't be held responsible.

I bet every single premier league club owner has skeletons in the closet

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

As much as I hate Saudi Arabia I don't think there's much option. You can't hold out for an owner who's a good person, fans don't have that luxury. Sadly football has sold its soul already, any particular club can't be held responsible.

can anyone name a billionaire who is a canny lad or lass?

Just now, gdm said:

I agree but ‘killer’ in headlines associated with our club is a hard one like. I’d love the takeover as much as the next if it’s happened 

Oh yeah, it's not a very palatable situation. There's a difference between being dodgy in business and having your critics dismembered and smuggled out of the crime scene in bags.

47 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Netflix have missed a trick here. Imagine those cameras following our club for the past year. 🤤

Brent - Steve Bruce

Finchy - Steve Clemence

Neil - Graeme Jones

Gareth - Jeff Hendrick

Tim - Fabian Schar

Anton, the midget who works in the warehouse - Joelinton

Guest neesy111
45 minutes ago, ED209 said:

can anyone name a billionaire who is a canny lad or lass?

Bill Gates.  That's why people hate him and spread smears etc about him.

38 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Oh yeah, it's not a very palatable situation. There's a difference between being dodgy in business and having your critics dismembered and smuggled out of the crime scene in bags.

Chelsea say Hi.

5 hours ago, Dokko said:

I don’t think so. Large swing towards safety seems to have ignited the dying embers of takeover titbits. Which if true would suggest relegation = no sale. 

Or relegation just means the media aren't interested.