Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Luke Edward's is working overtime trying his hardest to find negatives in all this sorry episode he really does hate every single fan that goes against him, what a petty bloke.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Luke Edward's is working overtime trying his hardest to find negatives in all this sorry episode he really does hate every single fan that goes against him, what a petty bloke.

Nice work insulting him without sharing one his tweets. That's a style I prefer.

15 minutes ago, Robster said:

This cunt's either got Photoshop, is a hell of a guesser, or is genuine ITK

IIRC, there was a planned call between Boris and MBS at the time which was full of speculation that MBS would bring up NUFC.

His tweet was basically just referring to that, pretending he knew what went on.

28 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

If we had lost to Burnley...would this week have transpired as it has?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I don’t think so. Large swing towards safety seems to have ignited the dying embers of takeover titbits. Which if true would suggest relegation = no sale. 

Reckon our best chance of a takeover is when the PL decide the bad PR + potential lawsuit isn't worth their time and effort. 

At some point in arbitration the PL will ask for a token from the buyers in order for the takeover to go through. That token will be enough for them to save face in this matter and claim victory.

There has to be a stage when they are just sick of the whole scenario and give in. Either that or the buyers will.

There was a woman come into my shop today and got chatting to the lad behind the counter about the club selling the club shop. The guy behind her pipes up (in a broad Scottish accent) saying that’s why he’s here. He works for Castore and they have bought the shop from NUFC in a deal the exact same as with Rangers. He says it has nothing to with the takeover, at least from their side, although he could not rule out Ashley doing this type of deal in order to prepare for the club being sold. He went on to say that everything sold in the store will be Castore stock and the store will be ran by them as well, there is deals in place for NUFC to get a percentage of profits and bonuses for targets though. He and the woman left the shop with woman kept on asking if this means the takeover will go through with him trying to tell her he has no idea and has nothing to do with that.

In all honesty this sort of deal does seem to go against what Ashley has done in the past and certainly against what someone who owns their own sporting goods retail empire would do. It may or may not be getting done because of an immannat takeover, but it certainly does appear that Ashley is untying the knots he has tied the club up in, which would make a sale easier.

6 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I'd imagine it would be fairly easy for a (proper) journalist to just check with Castore if they've bought the shop or not.

Maybe under a non-disclosure agreement until the Puma deal expires. I know when we left Adidas, neither Puma nor the club said anything until the deal was over, despite it being widely reported everywhere.

Edited by Stifler

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Maybe under a non-disclosure agreement until the Puma deal expires. I know when we left Adidas, neither Puma nor the club said anything until the deal was over, despite it being widely reported everywhere.

Why would a guy working for Castore tell randoms? Not saying it didn't happen, just find it hard to believe it either can't be confirmed by journos or, if they're under an NDA, someone that works for them spouting off in public.

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Why would a guy working for Castore tell randoms? Not saying it didn't happen, just find it hard to believe it either can't be confirmed by journos or, if they're under an NDA, someone that works for them spouting off in public.

No idea, could legit just be some Scottish bloke going in for a windup opportunity.